Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > FALL/WINTER FORUM DISCUSSIONS: 2012 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Worst Actor Choices? Opine Away, RAZZIE® Voters!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Actor Choices? Opine Away, RAZZIE® Voters!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Actor Choices? Opine Away, RAZZIE® Voters!
    Posted: November 02 2012 at 12:15pm
Not only is Cooper supporting in PROJECT X, but he's also the one you should want to punch -- He plays the main character's "frenemy."
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 5:23pm
I am convinced that Oliver Cooper should be nominated for Worst Actor rather than Worst Supporting Actor. In Project X he's one of the "three amigos". Any one of the three should be eligible for Worst Actor. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 5:31pm
No, it should be Thomas Mann as Worst Actor, because he is the main star. Mann also had a big role in Fun Size, and is going to be in two movies next year, one guaranteed to suck (Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters).
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2012 at 11:22pm
I disagree. Many critics have been saying that Oliver Cooper as Costa is one of the three main characters -- Like I said before, this should make him eligible in the category of Worst Actor. 

Perhaps Head Razzberry can give us some guidance on whether Oliver Cooper is eligible for Worst Actor (as I think he should be) or Worst Supporting Actor. Unless he insists on Worst Supporting Actor, I'm insisting that Oliver Cooper be considered for Worst Actor, for being the most "punch-worthy" character since Jar Jar Binks!   

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 6:12am
I would like to throw in another prospect: Johnny Knoxville for both "Fun Size" and "Nature Calls."
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 11:15am
Some other choices for Worst Actor: 

joseph gordon-levitt - premium rush 

kevin james - here comes the boom

dax shepard - hit and run

bradley cooper - the words

ben stiiler, vince vaughn, jonah hill and richard ayoade - the watch

diego boneta - rock of ages

johnny depp - dark shadows

jason biggs - american reunion

chris pine - this means war

channing tatum - the vow

mark wahlberg - contraband
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 11:52am
To Dun-Ida: Do you truly believe Project X has very high odds of making the finalists' cut for any categories?  

To Antilsu: Those two are not what I'd consider "official RAZZIE contenders."  

To travis112096: I managed to read your all-lowercase post, and NONE of those films are have Official RAZZIE Forums!  

To The Larch: If Kate Hudson couldn't even make it as a Worst Actress finalist for Something Borrowed in 2011, how can she possibly be considered a finalist for Little Bit of Heaven?
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 3:21pm
GTA: To answer the second part first - because she was god-awful (even by her "standards") in it (ask any reviewer who has the misfortune to watch A Little Bit of Heaven *more like A Whole Lotta Hellish Torture*)- isn't that what the Razzies should be all about?                                                           
Now to answer the first part- go ask HeadRazz WHY she inexplicably didn't make the cut (also "snubbed" for a Worst Supporting Actress nomination- that block of wood who calls herself January Jones for last year's X-Men: First Class) Confused; my guess is she doesn't go against his political viewpoint ala a certain Worst Actress nominee from Alaska who's not even an actress by trade...

Originally posted by GTAHater767

To The Larch: If Kate Hudson couldn't even make it as a Worst Actress finalist for Something Borrowed in 2011, how can she possibly be considered a finalist for Little Bit of Heaven?

FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2012 at 4:19pm
Larch, it seems like you haven't actually seen ALBOH and you're just going by the worldwide concensus. If you did see it and posted about it, I'm sorry to have forgotten.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2012 at 5:22pm
My picks, so far:

Colin Farrell, Total Recall

Tom Hardy & Chris Pine, This Means War (though I think the film's most likely nomination will be Chelsea Handler as Worst Supporting Actress)

Tyler Perry, Alex Cross

Adam Sandler, That's My Boy! (a lock)

Richard Ayoade, Jonah Hill, Ben Stiller, & Vince Vaughn, The Watch (The worst film I've seen this year)

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 5:58am
Under the rules of the Academy Awards (AMPAS), Bel Ami and Pattinson in Bel Ami are not eligible due to the film being on VOD PRIOR to its theatrical release. (VOD was May 4, theatrical release was June 8) Films going to VOD are eligible if VOD is the same day as theatrical release or AFTER but not BEFORE. Besides, Bel Ami was also on regular television prior to theatrical release as well.

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Robert Pattinson in "Bel Ami" and "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 6:43am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the same thing happen with Margin Call, which went on to garner an Oscar nod? 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 6:50am

Movies are only eligible under Academy rules if VOD availability is on the SAME day (or AFTER) theatrical release -- which was the case with Margin Call. (So the same thing did NOT happen with Margin Call.) With Bel Ami, VOD was BEFORE, which makes it ineligible. 

I can provide the link again to their rules if you'd like.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 7:06am
Calm down! Almost no one has seen Bel Ami anyways. I'd say it's a similar case to Lawrence with House at the End of the Street. Both movies were shot two years ago, and now Bel Ami comes back to haunt Pattz. Whether I'd vote for him all depends on his performance in Breaking Dawn 2.

By the way, why do you always defend him but not Stewart?
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 7:09am
I have defended both Pattinson and Stewart before.

And I agree with you about Lawrence.

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 7:44am
Oh, you did? That's too bad! I thought for a second you might have seen that her performances to date were nothing special. Guess I should have known better... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>