Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN, PART 2
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
    Posted: November 15 2012 at 4:29pm
I know this isn't technically a review, but it's funny enough.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2012 at 6:24pm
Recently watched this movie to see if it is Razzie worthy. It is! Here's my list of categories for which this movie should be nominated: 

Worst Picture: I'm not convinced this is any better than the four previous movies. This movie's various features are just as bad as those other Twilight flicks. 

Worst Actor, Robert Pattinson: He still gives a wooden performance. This combined with his unconvincing acting in Bel Ami makes him eligible for nomination. 

Worst Actress, Kristen Stewart: Her alleged acting is still expressionless, even when she's "angry". When this is combined with her lead performance in Snow White and the Huntsman, she should be on everyone's shortlist of nominees. 

Worst Supporting Actor, Taylor Lautner: Having muscles doesn't hide his pedestrian performance. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: This is a no-brainer since it's also eligible for Worst Picture. 

Worst Screenplay, Melissa Roserberg: The script is just as stupid as in the previous movies. It's stupid because I was laughing AT the dialogue. 

Worst Screen Couple: 
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. They're eligible because of their combined bad acting. 
Taylor Lautner and Mackenzie Foy are also eligible. Really? An adult is "soulmates" with a little girl? Yuck! 

Worst Screen Ensemble: This is also a no-brainer. Bad acting combined with bad couples makes the cast eligible for this award.  

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2012 at 10:40pm
Now we're talking! It would be great if "The EPIC Finale" fell below the rating of Eclipse.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

This has entered the "rotten" zone. It's gotten 60 less reviews than the first Breaking Dawn, so there's stil potential for it to fall even further.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 8:11am
Here's Peter Travers's review for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2":

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 9:00am
What the Flick / Young Turks review...  

Originally posted by Dun-Ida

Here's my list of categories for which this movie should be nominated

What about Ashley Greene, who was also in THE APPARITION?
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 9:27am
Well, that review wasn't helpful. I think I'm going to have a simular reaction to Matt.
I'm equally unsatisfied with Travers' review, even if it's rotten. He might be right, people are so happy that it's finally over that they don't see how bad it really is.
Good thing is, sounds like Dun-Ida is right, Lautner and the little girl could go up for Worst Couple.

EDIT: This review me likey. Makes me almost want to watch it. 2/10
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-breaking-dawn-part-2

EDIT II: And for fun...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 10:29am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My favorite line in this review? "The most entertainingly campy movie of the year!" Sure sounds to me like it's "One of Ours"!!  

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 11:34am
Hey, Vits -- Thanks! I just watched that "Elders Respond" video yesterday... 

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 1:35pm
Well, I'm off to see this now. Pray for me! 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 2:35pm

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Jeremy Jahns is one of my Berry Favorite 
You Tube-Based Film Crix -- and this is certainly one of his funniest reviews! 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 5:27pm
Well, I'm back and it was... not completely horrible. It's still crap, but it's not unwatchable like the other ones. It has what is easily the best scene in all of the Twilight films. It's very awesome and not just "awesome compared to the rest of the movie", I mean actually awesome! Here's the scene that's so great: the final battle. It's a f*cking blood bath. Several "important" characters like Carlisle and Jasper get beheaded. Seth (that annoying werewolf that Jacob hangs out with) gets his neck broken and Leah (the Meg Griffin of the werewolves) falls down a chasm. The Volturi get the worst of it though. Almost every Volturi gets beheaded, with one getting his upper jaw ripped off. Dakota Fanning gets eaten alive by a wolf. And Aro is beheaded and set on fire. Sure the film sh*ts itself afterwards by revealing that it was just a vision from Alice, but still.

The acting is still crap, with only Michael Sheen coming out unscathed. Bill Condon's direction is great, something I thought I'd never say about a Twilight film.

For your consideration:

Worst Actress: Kristen Stewart (also for SWATH)
Worst Supporting Actor: Taylor Lautner
Worst Supporting Actress: Maggie Grace (also for Lockout and Taken 2)
Worst Screen Couple (if we keep it): Taylor Lautner and Mackenzie Foy

That being said, I wouldn't mind if this got any other nominations (except for Condon and Sheen). I'm not sure if HeadRazz would consider Lautner lead or supporting and I won't mind if he's placed in the lead category.

Grade: C+
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 12:47pm
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 2:00pm
Dang, Head Razz! I didn't know you went around watching YouTube personalities!  

Would you ever consider asking him to make a guest appearance in the Razzie ceremony?  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Jeremy Jahns is one of my Berry Favorite 
You Tube-Based Film Crix -- and this is certainly one of his funniest reviews!

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 5:14pm
HeadRAZZ doesn't necessarily watch him, since I'm the one who posts his videos here. 

But yeah, it would be cool to see him in our ceremony. 

Originally posted by oiram

Dang, Head Razz! I didn't know you went around watching YouTube personalities!  
 Would you ever consider asking him to make a guest appearance in the Razzie ceremony?
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 8:58am
I've seen it. So... it has an AUSTRIAN ALBINO in it.  

Also, it's true what they say. It is not as bad as the other ones, and the movie itself is not as bad as I hoped it would be. The worst thing are the CGI wolves, and the story about the guy who is waiting for the child to grow up, so he can f**k her.  

Interesting thing is, from the example of a not naturally talented actress like Kristen Stewart, we can see who is a good director and who is a bad director. They put a ton of make up on her to make her look a little prettier, and I'll bet she also was told to smile more often. That goes to Condon's credit. Stewart still spends two thirds of the movie with her mouth open, but she was better here than as directed by Sanders in Snow White (even though she made that movie afterwards) Vits: You might be right with your theory after all!  

Pattinson bothered me twice, but he did make Cosmopolis afterwards. Lautner sealed the deal with his facial expression when he says "creepy" and gives that ass-f**ked laugh afterwards.

The "best actor" here is Christopher Hayerdahl. His screen presence (only one minute) and his reading of the one word of "Finally!" was more impressive than anyone else's performance.

Not having read the book, I had a few problems with the flow of the story, i.e. in one shot Bella has red eyes, then they are immediately golden.

And of course the logic is completely missing, since Bella is supposed to be a raging Newborn, but manages to run away from human blood, and presses her face into Charlie's neck but nothing happens.

For me, this doesn't beat The Devil Inside in the Worst Picture competition.  

FYC: 
Taylor Lautner for Worst Actor (Breaking Dawn Part 2) 

Kristen Stewart for Worst Actress (Snow White and the Huntsman), but not necessarily for BD2  

Taylor Lautner and Mackenzie Foy for Worst Couple (Breaking Dawn Part 2). 

This is the ultimate DAFUQDIDTHEYREALLYCOMEUPWITHTHISSICKsh*tMYEYES situation.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 3:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>