Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > FALL/WINTER FORUM DISCUSSIONS: 2012 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Worst ACTRESS -- Who Are YOUR Top Choices??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst ACTRESS -- Who Are YOUR Top Choices??
    Posted: November 13 2012 at 6:28pm
Kate Beckinsale for Contraband and Underworld: Awakening (Haven't seen Total Recall),
Katherine Heigl for One For The Money,
Milla Jovovich for Resident Evil: Retribution,
Samantha Mathis for Atlas Shrugged Part II
Kristen Stewart for SWATH and Breaking Dawn Part 2
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2012 at 10:33pm
To SchumacherH8ter: I think Kate Beckinsale should be nominated for Total Recall [remake] and Underworld: Awakening instead of Contraband and Awakening. But upon re-reading your post, seeing the film is a strict pre-requisite for you.

To mbh: You don't care AT ALL about the rest of the film just as long as one performance brings it all down? But that's the problem!!! That single-issue voting is part of the reason that Michael Bay's The Island, Elektra, A Sound of Thunder, plus a (beep)ton of other films dodged the RAZZIES for 2005 alone. Instead, Kicking and Screaming for Will Ferrell and War of the Worlds [remake] for Tom Cruise robbed them all! I'm not even talking about the other 11 of the past 12 years, but there've been plenty of RAZZIE contenders that have dodged RAZZIE nominations just so good films could get nominated for that one bad performance under that blasted "Like the movie, hate the act" parameter!

To Vits: When I mentioned caring about the people instead of the movies, I was talking about the "Like the movie, hate the act" parameter. Take Mamma Mia! for example. Pierce Brosnan's nomination for those one or two lines of ear-grinding singing (example of "hate the act") led to a film that more than half of the viewers liked ("Like the movie") stealing a nomination from Bangkok Dangerous, Babylon AD, Superhero Movie, and dozens of other films in the 2008 RAZZIES.

I think the "like the movie, hate the act" parameter waters down everything, but that must be my tendency to judge individual films as a whole, on a case-by-case basis, whereas everyone else seems to care more about the people playing the roles and stuff.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2012 at 11:07pm
Again, I understand what you're saying. I personally was completely happy with the results last year. You want as many awards as possible spread out, and I'm fine with that as well. But I am not going to betray my beliefs -- I'm going by whose acting was so bad that I never ever want to see this person acting again. Kristen Stewart is one of the most boring actresses ever to have disgraced the silver screen. If her acting is actually entertaining in Breaking Dawn 2, her nomination for that is off my list. In Snow White she sucked, and I will not nominate another actress, whose performance I did not loathe as much, instead, only because  some other movie overall had worse reviews. If in the end my vote gets buried, so be it. In this category it IS about the acting, and not about the movie!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 8:46am
GTA, let me put this way: At the past Oscars, a bunch of average to bad movies were nominated, but people only complained about EXTREMELY LOUD because it got a Best Picture nomination. They didn't even complain about Max Von Sydow's nomination because he didn't fully have to do with the R.T. and Metacritic scores.

So, according to your logic, bad movies do deserve a nomination as long as it's a technical category? And the same with good movies in the Razzies (which don't have technical categories)? If that's so, the following didn't deserve their Oscar nominations and/or wins:
-Meryl Streep, THE IRON LADY.
-Glenn Close and Janet McTeerALBERT NOBBS.
-Javier BardemBIUTIFUL.
-Sandra Bullock, THE BLIND SIDE.
-Stanley Tucci, THE LOVELY BONES.
-Penélope Cruz, NINE.
-Kate Winslet, THE READER.
-Angelina Jolie, CHANGELING.
-Cate BlanchettELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE.
-Adriana Barraza and Rinko Kikuchi, BABEL.
-Judi Dench, MRS. HENDERSON PRESENTS.
-Charlize Theron and Frances McDormand, NORTH COUNTRY.
-Clive Owen and Natalie Portman, CLOSER.
-Ken Watanabe, THE LAST SAMURAI.
-Diane Lane, UNFAITHFUL.
Do you see the problem? This people deserve recognition for their own individual work. The same applies to the Razzies. I don't think anyone regrets that Best Picture nominee THE GODFATHER PART III won 2 acting Razzies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 11:36am
Here are my suggestions for Worst Actress: 

Elizabeth Banks, Brooklyn Decker, Cameron Diaz, Anna Kendrick, and Jennifer Lopez in "What to Expect When You're Expecting" 

Kate Beckinsale in "Contraband", "Total Recall", and "Underworld: Awakening" 

Miley Cyrus in "LOL" and "So Undercover" 

Viola Davis in "Won't Back Down" 

Ashley Greene in "The Apparition" 

Katherine Heigl in "One for the Money" 

Kate Hudson in "A Little Bit of Heaven" 

Milla Jovovich in "Resident Evil: Retribution" 

Queen Latifah in "Joyful Noise" 

Rachael McAdams in "The Vow" 

Dolly Parton in "Joyful Noise" 

Taylor Schilling in "The Lucky One" 

Kyra Sedgwick in "The Possession" 

Amanda Seyfried in "Gone"  

Kristen Stewart in "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" 

Reese Witherspoon in "This Means War" 

The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 3:00pm
For the record: 1) Maggie Gyllenhaal was far WORSE than Viola Davis in Won't Back Down and deserves to be on the ballot, 2) Dolly Parton's (awful) role in Joyful Noise was Supporting, and 3) ENOUGH with nominating multiple people for ONE spot (esp. since J. Lo was light years worse that the rest of the Expecting cast); that's become as tiresome as nominating men who dress in drag in the Worst Actress category Thumbs Down...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 4:38pm
I'm not that against performances in drag being considered the opposite gender, mainly because I prefer judging performances without separating by gender. But it's nothing compared to conjoined nominations, which go against my previous point about individual performances. I just hope there won't any in the upcoming ballots.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2012 at 5:57pm
I don't think average or bad films should be nominated for the OSCARs, period. Even the technical categories I'm wary of because even in this post-Y2K world, there's rarely a shortage of good films that could round out the categories without 5 or 6 films sweeping half of them. Unlike the RAZZIES, the OSCARs have no less than 4 other counterparts to honor what the OSCARs missed.

To my memory, films highlighted in orange have at least decent (minimum 12 or 13 out of 20) approval rating. I was fine with those.

By the way, which films that had average or good reviews besides Breaking Dawn Part 2 (unless we can manage to have it taken off the table) really stand much of a chance at being finalists for any awards? Put asterisks to the ones that stand a good chance at Worst Picture.

To Antilsu: Well, oiram said he simply didn't object to collective Worst Actor/Actress nominations. But if that post is any indication, you two actually LIKE them at the expense of Worst Ensemble Cast! 

Originally posted by Vits

GTA, let me put this way: At the past Oscars, a bunch of average to bad movies were nominated, but people only complained about EXTREMELY LOUD because it got a Best Picture nomination. They didn't even complain about Max Von Sydow's nomination because he didn't fully have to do with the R.T. and Metacritic scores.

So, according to your logic, bad movies do deserve a nomination as long as it's a technical category? And the same with good movies in the Razzies (which don't have technical categories)? If that's so, the following didn't deserve their Oscar nominations and/or wins:
-Meryl Streep, THE IRON LADY.
-Glenn Close and Janet McTeerALBERT NOBBS.
-Javier BardemBIUTIFUL.
-Sandra Bullock, THE BLIND SIDE.
-Stanley Tucci, THE LOVELY BONES.
-Penélope Cruz, NINE.
-Kate Winslet, THE READER.
-Angelina Jolie, CHANGELING.
-Cate BlanchettELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE.
-Adriana Barraza and Rinko Kikuchi, BABEL.
-Judi DenchMRS. HENDERSON PRESENTS.
-Charlize Theron and Frances McDormand, NORTH COUNTRY.
-Clive Owen and Natalie Portman, CLOSER.
-Ken Watanabe, THE LAST SAMURAI.
-Diane Lane, UNFAITHFUL.
Do you see the problem? This people deserve recognition for their own individual work. The same applies to the Razzies. I don't think anyone regrets that Best Picture nominee THE GODFATHER PART III won 2 acting Razzies.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2012 at 12:16pm
REAL STEEL changes from 59 (rotten) to 60 (fresh) almost daily -- So should its Best Effects nomination be annulled during the days it scores 59? And TRANSFORMERS 3 got 3 Oscar nominations, while DRIVE got 1. Does that mean it's better? Numbers aren't that important.

As for the '05 nominations (which a lot of people complain about), I think you're wrong.
You say that if Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Hayden Christensen and Will Ferrell hadn't been nominated it would've given more space to movies like THE ISLAND and A SOUND OF THUNDER. But: 

-Ferrell would've still been nominated for BEWITCHED (the main reason for his nomination). 

-Ewan McGregor was never even in consideration. 

-Edward Burns made it to the Nominating Ballot, but I don't remember him being the 6th most voted or anything. 

-The other Worst Supp. Actress nod would've most likely gone to Traylor Howard, and SON OF THE MASK was already nominated.

-I was actually thankful that the Razzies finally acknowledged the STAR WARS prequels' good reception by not putting it up for Worst Picture. But Christensen still deserved to win! 

Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2012 at 6:41pm
Here's my list of suggestions for Worst Actress (so far): 

1) Katherine Heigl, One For the Money. She was just annoying from start to finish. It's bad enough the movie sucks. 

2) Kristen Stewart, Snow White and the Huntsman and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II. Stewart continues with her expressionless "acting."

3) Brooklyn Decker, What to Expect When You're Expecting. Wooden acting for most of the movie. 

4) Jennifer Lopez, What to Expect When You're Expecting. Some musicians shouldn't act...Jennifer Lopez is one of them. 

5) Kathryn McCormick, Step Up: Revolution. Putting so much focus on dancing is not an excuse for dull acting. After all, in a movie an actor is supposed to act
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 9:02am
Decker for WHAT TO EXPECT and not for BATTLESHIP? Or do you think her acting was so bad in both movies that she deserves double recognition as Worst Leading and Supp. Actress?
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 9:53pm
Head Razz, if I had to pick my five nominees right now they would be: 

1) Samantha Mathis for ATLAS SHAGGED PART 2 because she sucked even worse than... 

2) Taylor Schilling, who should have been nominated for ATLAS SHAGGED PART 1, but who was equally inept in THE LUCKY ONE 

3) Katherine Heigl who really deserves the Tacky Trophy for ONE FOR THE MONEY 

4) Kate Beckinsdale for TOTAL WEE WEE CALL, and... 

5) Maggie Gyllenhaal for WON'T BACK DOWN, a bald face propaganda piece that slams the school system where I grew up. This one especially boils my blood: An anti-union film made by union members!  

Frankly, if you haven't seen ATLAS SHAGGED, Part 2, do try to catch it and see just how AWFUL Mathis is -- she should win in an Electoral College landslide! 

PS--HEAD RAZZ, PLEASE CONSIDER PUTTING 2016: OBAMA'S AMERICA ON THE NOMINATING BALLOT FOR WORST PICTURE!  

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2012 at 9:15pm
Brooklyn Decker is on my "short list" for Worst Supporting Actress for her "performance" in Battleship

Originally posted by Vits

Decker for WHAT TO EXPECT and not for BATTLESHIP? Or do you think her acting was so bad in both movies that she deserves double recognition as Worst Leading and Supp. Actress?

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 3:07pm
My five Worst Actress picks (so far):

Jennifer Aniston, Wanderlust  
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Won't Back Down  
Katherine Heigl, One for the Money  
Tyler Perry, Madea's Witness Protection  
Reese Witherspoon, This Means War  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2012 at 11:35am
I've got another one: Ashley Greene for THE APPARITION and BREAKING DAWN PART 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12