Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > PARENTAL GUIDANCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of PARENTAL GUIDANCE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of PARENTAL GUIDANCE
    Posted: December 23 2012 at 12:04pm
OKAY, LET's STATE the OBVIOUS RIGHT OFF the BAT: THIS FILM IS an BLATANT KNOCK-OFF of the 'FOCKER' FILMS... 

WHICH LEADS US to ANOTHER OBVIOUS POINT: WHY WOULD ANYONE WANNA KNOCK-OFF THOSE UNFUNNY, HORRIBLY UN-ORIGINAL 'FOCKER' FILMS??   

OH, RIGHT...BAD AS THEY'VE BEEN, THOSE 'FOCKER' FILMS HAVE ALL MADE sh*t-LOADS of MONEY.  

SO, ALL the MAKERS of PARENTAL GUIDANCE HAD to DO WAS REPLACE BABS with BETTE, HAVE BILLY CRYSTAL TAKE the PLACE of EITHER ROBERT deNIRO or DUSTIN HOFFMAN (PICK ONE...OR DON'T) and THEN...JUST WAIT for the MONEY to ROLL IN. 

SADLY, IT PROBABLY WILL. 

BUT THAT SHOULDN'T STOP YOU from BASHING the CRAP OUT of THIS HOLIDAY LAWN LOG of a MOVIE...

IF IT HELPS ARM YOU for POSTING, HERE's a LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE ABOUT THIS FILM...

...HERE's a LINK to CHECK OUT Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY on IT...  

...and IF YOU PAID 10 BUX to SEE THIS, ARE MAD as HELL and DON'T WANNA TAKE IT ANYMORE... HERE's a LINK to BECOME a NACTUAL VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBER to HELP ENSURE IT GETs the RAZZing IT SO RICHLY DESERVES! 

IN the MEANTIME, HERE's WISHING YOU ALL... 

HAPPY HOLLANDAISE! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 12:58pm
Actually, I thought this was ripping off the Steve Martin/Ron Howard movie Parenthood.

Oh, and are Billy and Bette (and by extension Seth and Babs) going to be on the ballots for Worst Screen Couple?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 1:58pm
This film also features Marissa Tomei, who I don't think has been in movies bad enough to be remembered, and Bailee Madison (JUST GO WITH IT; DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK), who is still the subject of debate on whether she's a good actress or not. I think that she was told to be as over-the-top as possible in those movies, which kinda worked. And I thought she was very good playing a young SNOW WHITE in ONCE UPON A TIME. Andy Fickman has also directed SHE'S THE MAN, THE GAME PLAN, RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN ('09) and YOU AGAIN. But that's not enough to define the level of humour, because the script writers are the ones from SURF'S UP.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANNA KNOCK-OFF THOSE UNFUNNY, HORRIBLY UN-ORIGINAL 'FOCKER' FILMS??   

OH, RIGHT...BAD AS THEY'VE BEEN, THOSE 'FOCKER' FILMS HAVE ALL MADE sh*t-LOADS of MONEY.
Whoa! I hope you're talking about the sequels.

I don't think this will make as much money as the studio expects. Crystal* and Midler stopped being A-listers years ago.

*Why did he have to ruin his comeback by following up his Oscar hosting gig with this?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 2:05pm
Just in time for Festivus! I knew this would be coming as soon as I saw that the director of You Again, (#30 on my Bottom 40 Films of 2010) was attached.  

My first question is, "What could they possibly mean by '21st century parenting methods'?"  

My second question is, "How could Bette Midler possibly dodge the 2012 RAZZIES now?"  

Alas, I doubt I could do a better job than these people at babysitting. I'd probably try and feed them tasty dishes that many children wouldn't appreciate. If money were no object, I'd give them Korean beef wrapped in whole-grain tortillas and smothered in imported Gruyere cheese! Or maybe whole grain pasta with Four Cheese Rosa Alfredo sauce, Parmessan cheese, multi-cheese marinara sauce, and rotisserie chicken with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. 

...Snooty, ain't I?  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 4:38pm
GTAHater: My applause isn't for Festivus, the holiday, but for the fact that you mentioned it!
Clap

Originally posted by GTAHater767

My first question is, "What could they possibly mean by '21st century parenting methods'?"

Leaving them alone with their computers and/or smart phones?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2012 at 7:05pm
Bette could be pushed aside by other "actresses" like Katherine Heigl, Kristen Stewart, Tyler Perry, Jennifer Lawrence, Barbra Streisand, and Amanda Seyfried.  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

My second question is, "How could Bette Midler possibly dodge the 2012 RAZZIES now?"

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 12:52pm
R.T. (around 10%): "It's sweet but milquetoast, an inoffensive trifle that's blandly predictable".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2013 at 7:48am
My thoughts:

Post Reply Post Reply