Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEDIA COVERAGE & DISCUSSION of Our 33rd Nomz!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of OUR MEMBERS' CHOICES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of OUR MEMBERS' CHOICES...
    Posted: January 18 2013 at 6:15pm
I'm glad that ATLAS SHAGGED picked up several DIShonors, but I really wanted to nail Dimwit D'Stupid, er, Dinesh D'Souza for 2016: Obama's America. 
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2013 at 10:15pm
HeadRAZZ: Didnt Neeson also appear on the ballot for Clash of the Titans?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I assumed you were asking if he'd ever been on our FINAL Ballot. But the answer to your query is...YES, Neeson was listed for CLASH OF THE TITANS as a possible Worst Supporting Actor choice on our 31st Annual RAZZIES® Nominating Ballot... 

Spyke View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 4:04pm
Only the fans enjoy the Twilight movies. Critics and people will general good taste do not. And 3 Billion? Try again!

Originally posted by krisstewart

As someone who's proud to be a "Twi-Hard," I gotta say, Black Rose is full of sh*t! Seems like every year you Razzie people, who don't really know what the f**k you're talking about, come back once again to pick on my favorite film series -- one that has delighted fans all over the world, and generated a grand total of more than $3 BILLION in ticket sales! 

If the Twilight movies suck so bad, how come so many movie-goers love them??  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZBerry: Actually (and surprisingly)  KrisStewart wasn't exaggerating -- Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK to check out the "franchise page" for the TWILIGHT series. If you scroll nearly all the way down, you'll come to a section marked "Worldwide (Unadjusted)" and see that the international total gross for all five films comes to: $3,336,400,000(!).

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2013 at 8:37pm
Well, wouldn't you know?  Arnold Schwarzeneggar makes a movie that's not bad enough for us to go after, and, like HeadRAZZ said based on Friday's estimated box office, it bombs.  Its estimated box office for all four days of the Martin Luther King weekend is a measly $6.9 million

It seems that Broken City, despite having Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe, received worse reviews (here's RT and here's Metacritic) than The Last Stand (here's RT and here's Metacritic).  Even at that, Broken City still isn't bad enough for us.

It looks like it was just one of those rare weekends where nothing esepcially choked - box office receipts notwithstanding.

The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 2:59pm
http://www.film.com/movies/best-movies-nominated-razzie Right on, I say (except for Showgirls, Gina Gershon aside); seriously, WTF were you thinking in 2004-2005???
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 4:53pm
The guy who wrote that article is one of many people who don't understand that nominating a good movie for one or two acting Razzies is actually OK. And based on a couple of his picks, he doesn't know how to tell a movie that was campy on purpose. Plus, it seems that he didn't do much research, or he'd know that in the very first ceremony there were very few voters. Speaking of that ceremony, I recently saw THE SHINING, and I completely agree with Shelley Duvall's Worst Actress nomination.  

Originally posted by The Larch

http://www.film.com/movies/best-movies-nominated-razzie Right on, I say (except for Showgirls, Gina Gershon aside); seriously, WTF were you thinking in 2004-2005???
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 4:29pm
I think for the first time I have to express real disappointment in the members' choices. This appears to me to be of a vendetta than a real expression of voting for the most deserving choices.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 6:26pm
I wanna let you know that I only chose Lautner as Supporting Actor, and nothing else Twi-related...so don't go blaming me!  
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 7:13am
FUN UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: We just posted a video montage of memorable moments from Saturday's "Winners" Press Conference on our YouTube channel -- Here's the direct LINK... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 7:46am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

FUN UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: We just posted a video montage of memorable moments from Saturday's "Winners" Press Conference on our YouTube channel -- Here's the direct LINK...

Are you also going to post a full video? Maybe not the entire night, but enough for us to see the presenters joking and opening the envelopes and stuff.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12