Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: April 04 2013 at 3:33pm
I just don't have an opinion on Arnett's involvement yet.

RIP Ebert.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 5:47pm
Kellan Lutz has been cast in a new HERCULES movie, which will be in 3D. He wasn't given anything to do in the entire TWILIGHT saga, so I can't say if he's a good or bad actor. But I don't think the movie will be good anyway, because it'll be directed by Razzie nominee Renny Harlin.
Originally posted by oiram

Carrie trailer
The first teaser indicated that the filmmakers knew that people would recognise it as a remake. This trailer confirms that by spoiling the whole plot. So... What's the point?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Vits

From now on, critics at WHAT THE FLICK will also review TV shows. They've started with GAME OF THRONES.
And now they're doing it with trailers. They've started with THE GREAT GATSBY.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 8:28pm
I saw the Evil Dead remake last night. It was pretty good -- nowhere near as good as the original one(s), but those set some pretty high standards.
My Grade: B 

Interesting note for fellow Razzie members: they played a trailer for Scary Movie 5 before it, and no one laughed...but a few people groaned!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2013 at 9:22pm
So that just proves everyone's point that Scary Movie V should be next week's Worst of the Week.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 7:08am
I decided to check how far the progress was with my least anticipated movie of the year and I found this little link (It's in Dutch so you probably won't understand it)

They apparently started production on the Human Centipede 3 late (in January) because of a conflict between Dieter Lasser and Tom Sicks and won't be released till next year... Lasser will play another character than he played in the first movie... His character will work together with Laurence Harvey to make a 500 person centipede... It will also star a "Big American Celebrity"...

A long, long time ago I suggested giving Tom Six a non-competive DISGRACE TO HUMANITY-award (as a parody of the Oscars Humanitarian Award)... If this movie gets released can we PLEASE give him that prize....

Any thoughts, opinions, rants, curses or expressions of hatred?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 8:21am
Don't worry about the language thing. I have Google Translate, which allows me to translate foreign words onscreen to English.

Well, at least we have another year of no Human Centipede movies, and besides, already got a slew of in the first three months ALONE that are Worst Picture worthy. I am sure Tom Six is one of the... okay, the ONLY person who finds Movie 43 AND InAPPropriate Comedy to be the funniest movies EVER.

Actually, that is a good idea. It will be similar to the award From Justin To Kelly got for its choreography. I know some do not want him even nominated because that will just give him more attention, but that guy deserves some sort of punishment.

Originally posted by Vheid

I decided to check how far the progress was with my least anticipated movie of the year and I found this little link (It's in Dutch so you probably won't understand it)

They apparently started production on the Human Centipede 3 late (in January) because of a conflict between Dieter Lasser and Tom Sicks and won't be released till next year... Lasser will play another character than he played in the first movie... His character will work together with Laurence Harvey to make a 500 person centipede... It will also star a "Big American Celebrity"...

A long, long time ago I suggested giving Tom Six a non-competive DISGRACE TO HUMANITY-award (as a parody of the Oscars Humanitarian Award)... If this movie gets released can we PLEASE give him that prize....

Any thoughts, opinions, rants, curses or expressions of hatred?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2013 at 12:50pm

So that just proves everyone's point that Scary Movie V should be next week's Worst of the Week.
That's an understatement.

A long, long time ago I suggested giving Tom Six a non-competive DISGRACE TO HUMANITY-award (as a parody of the Oscars Humanitarian Award)... If this movie gets released can we PLEASE give him that prize....
What makes you think that he won't make more offensive movies?

Don't worry about the language thing. I have Google Translate, which allows me to translate foreign words onscreen to English.
Google Translate is one of the worst online translating tools (that's not me talking). You should use Word Reference.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 7:41am
The first trailer for Asghar Farhadi's The Past has been released link... It's one of the films predicted by a lot of bloggers to be part of this years Cannes-selection (others being Inside Llewyn Davis and Only God Forgives)...

Originally posted by Vits

A long, long time ago I suggested giving Tom Six a non-competive DISGRACE TO HUMANITY-award (as a parody of the Oscars Humanitarian Award)... If this movie gets released can we PLEASE give him that prize....
What makes you think that he won't make more offensive movies?

Of course he'll keep making bad movies (I am not even convinced that this is his last Human Centipede-movie).... What does this have to do with giving him a disgrace to humanity-award?

I don't trust most computer translate-programs... I find them often lacking in propper translation...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 12:23pm
EVIL DEAD's R.T. rating went down, and now it's lower than TRANCE. But it's still a good number (very close to ARMY OF DARKNESS'). 6 SOULS is one of the worst-reviewed movies of the year so far, but since it won't be seen by many people, it probably doesn't deserve a forum. The best-reviewed new release is UPSTREAM COLOR. If it's anything like PRIMER, I'm gonna hate it!  

Next week, there's SCARY MOVIE PART 5, which should get a forum ASAP. There's also TO THE WONDER, Terrence Malick's follow up to THE TREE OF LIFE. I think we should consider it, because: 

A) The trailer made it look like it was ripping off T.T.O.L. 

B) Early reviews have been negative. 

C) The cast isn't the best. Rachel McAdams is talented, but she's chosen more bad movies than good; Olga Kurylenko has yet to proove she's an actress and not just a model; Ben Affleck prooved he's a good director, but people were split on his performance in ARGO (not to mention that Oscar winners tend to follow up their wins with Razzie-worthy movies).

The first trailer for Asghar Farhadi's The Past has been released link... It's one of the films predicted by a lot of bloggers to be part of this years Cannes-selection (others being Inside Llewyn Davis and Only God Forgives)...

The director of A SEPARATION? I'm in!

Of course he'll keep making bad movies (I am not even convinced that this is his last Human Centipede-movie).... What does this have to do with giving him a disgrace to humanity-award?
Well, the Humanitarian Oscar is given to someone who spent a great part of their life helping others. That's why is so similar to the Lifetime Achievement award. So it would be pointless to give that (and a negative counterpart) to someone for a small body of work. Specially when the body can keep getting bigger. That's what she said.
LOL
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 12:41pm
Please no -- I like Malick! I like the fact that his work has a distinctive "signature" of its own, and I wouldn´t want us to discourage that in any filmmaker... I personally feel that, for every bad moment in The Three of Life (The walking on the beach & evolution ) there are just as many good moments (The very personal use of his own childhood memories/experiences in the central story) to make up for them...

The late Roger Ebert even praised To The Wonder in one of his last ever reviews: link  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 1:38pm
I can't read it unless I am logged in, and I am not sure if it is a free login or not.

Apparently, from what I have heard, Ben Affleck just has FIVE lines in the movie, and they are mostly just whispers. So we can't really say if he is a bad actor here.

But I do agree with you, Vheid, that we should not focus our attention on this. It does not seem like a movie we should really tackle.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2013 at 2:52pm
Scary Movie V comes out Friday. After InAPPropriate Comedy, Movie 43, A Haunted House, Hansel and Gretel, and Safe Haven, the bar for 2013 "comedies" is already set pretty low -- Will there be any room left once this turkey has been released? 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2013 at 11:13am
So... When can we expect the Scary Movie V forum to be up?  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2013 at 3:35pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Just got back from Spring vacation last night. Hope to have all SCARY MOVIE 5 Forum/Links up by some time tomorrow/Tuesday. 

'Till then, here's the LINK to check out the Foto Funny for it... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2013 at 4:13pm
Wow! A lot of well known people have died today: Annette Funicello, Les Blank, Sara Montiel, and of course Margaret Thatcher

As if Mondays weren't depressing enough!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'm going to assume everyone knows who Margaret Thatcher was, but for those interested in the Showbiz Deaths announced today, here are IMDb LINKS for: 

Cinematographer/Director LES BLANK...

Spanish Screen Star SARA MONTEIL... 

and former Mousketeer/Disney and BEACH PARTY movies star ANNETTE FUNICELLO, who was a perverse personal favorite of mine, especially for the awful songs she sang as a Dizz-Knee starlet (most specifically PINEAPPLE  PRINCESS -- YOUTUBE LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02oh5Ri4Y0 ) 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 104>