Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: May 02 2013 at 3:22am
Well, as a potential Razzie contender, Grown Ups 2 is a no-brainer for me.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 11:27am
Kelsey Grammer is the new Transformers villain. So if you ever wanted him for a Razzie nomination, this may be your chance.

New news, and kind of odd news at that. So as some of you may know, the studios are rebooting Fantastic Four. Your first thoughts were "Why? The last two films were bad enough." When it was announced that Chronicle's Josh Trank was brought on as director, people were like "Hm... We'll see." Well, new news has been released about the movie. Another Chronicle alumni is under heavy consideration for Johnny Storm The Human Torch, and no, it's not Dane DeHaan. It is Michael B Jordan. Let that sink in.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 4:11pm
Do any of you remember when MAD MAX PART 2 was re-titled THE ROAD WARRIOR because they thought people hadn't seen the 1st one? That's what happened with MANUALE D'AMORE PARTE 3. It was re-named THE AGES OF LOVE because this installment has 2 international stars: Robert DeNiro (speaking only Italian, like in THE GODFATHER PART 2 and "1900") and Monica Bellucci. That's one of the new releases here, as well as TRANCE, HABANASTATION, and, THE HOST. What should I do? 

Originally posted by oiram

Kelsey Grammer is the new Transformers villain.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that his character will be very well-spoken.
LOL
Originally posted by oiram

So as some of you may know, the studios are rebooting Fantastic Four. Your first thoughts were "Why? The last two films were bad enough." When it was announced that Chronicle's Josh Trank was brought on as director, people were like "Hm... We'll see." Well, new news has been released about the movie. Another Chronicle alumni is under heavy consideration for Johnny Storm The Human Torch, and no, it's not Dane DeHaan. It is Michael B Jordan. Let that sink in.

I think that FANTASTIC 4 deserves another chance. The filmmakers of the first two thought that it was OK to make a lighter Super-Hero Movie, but they didn't know that BATMAN BEGINS (the darkest one to date) was being released the same year. Anyway, maybe now they've learned their lesson, and they'll make a darker movie...  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 10:07pm
Hey guys, just got back from Iron Man 3. It was really good. I'd go into details, but it'd be hard not to spoil it. Grade: B+

As for Michael B. Jordan as the Human Torch, I'm confused. I heard a few days ago that Alison Williams was in negotiations to play the Invisible Woman and she's supposed to be the Human Torch's sister. Qucik reminder: Jordan is black and Williams is white. So, either one of them is adopted or one of the actors' role is just a rumor.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Hey guys, just got back from Iron Man 3. It was really good. I'd go into details, but it'd be hard not to spoil it. Grade: B+
Aw, come on. You can write it in white.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:10pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: As of noon/PST today (Sunday, May 5) there are still NO reviews for GREAT GATSBY at Rotten Tomatoes (R.T. LINK) strongly suggesting that its studio thinks they've got something to hide. There are also no reviews on Tyler Perry presents PEEPLES either (R.T. LINK) but no one expected there would be advance reviews on that film. One (or maybe both) of these films will wind up being our Worst of the Weak pick(s) -- watch this Forum during the week to see which... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 2:48pm
The Razzies usually aren't usually mentioned by reviewers from foreign countries. I've never even seen a mention here in Chile... until now! Antonio Martínez said: 
"TRANCE's script is so far-fetched and hard to swallow, that it could easily be nominated for the Razzies, although the award would do no justice, because it goes beyond that. It's about those terrible and mysterious things in cinema, where awarded experts don't realize what they're doing until it's too late. It happens everywhere, from Clint Eastwood in INVICTUS to M. Night Shyamalan in THE LAST AIRBENDER". 

Any thoughts on this? 

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 3:31pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Vits: I am flattered the RAZZIES® were mentioned in a Chilean movie review, but I am unclear what the quote means. I am also wondering what the specific critic's credentials are -- Is he a well-known, nationally renowned reviewer, or someone only film buffs would be familiar with? 

Perhaps a LINK to the review itself would be helpful?? I "Googled" the name Antonio Martinez, and it came up with links to what seemed to be obviously irrelevant items... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 6:28pm
He's shocked at how badly made TRANCE is, and suggests that a Razzie wouldn't be punishment enough.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

I am unclear what the quote means.

I am also wondering what the specific critic's credentials are -- Is he a well-known, nationally renowned reviewer, or someone only film buffs would be familiar with?

He's definitely our top critic.

Perhaps a LINK to the review itself would be helpful??

The only way to read his reviews online is through the digital version of the newspaper he works at. And only suscribers of that paper can enter.

However, in Bazuca (the 2nd biggest video-store after BlockBuster), they show short quotes from his reviews next to each movie.

I "Googled" the name Antonio Martinez, and it came up with links to what seemed to be obviously irrelevant items...

It's a common name. There must be dozens of people with that name -- Maybe even as many as there are people named John Wilson

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:03pm
IRON-MAN PART 3's reception wasn't as good in the U.S. as in the rest of the world. The R.T. rating is now just a little above the 2nd installment.

Meanwhile, THE GREAT GATSBY has started off at 45%.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:08pm
Vits: I was going to mention The Great Gatsby's reviews first but here's a link with quotes from some of the reviews:

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 11:50am
Bad news everyone: http://www.avclub.com/articles/rip-ray-harryhausen,97410/

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 1:28pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As someone whose lifelong love of the movies is due, in no small part, to the "magic" of Ray Harryhausen's incredible gifts, I, too, am saddened at the news of his passing. His talent for bringing inanimate creatures to life in the era before CGI endeared him to millions of movie-goers across the globe. 

Here's a LINK to read his initial obit in today's L.A. Times...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 1:38pm
Aw...

RIP Harryhausen.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 10:42am
Warner Bros is going ahead with remake of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, hoping to start a new franchise. Don't worry, though. This one may be better than the 2000 version. After all, this one is being written by one of the writers of WRATH OF THE TITANS 

...Oh, wait! 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 11:14am
Well, Wrath Of The Titans was slightly better than the previous Dungeons And Dragons, so at least they're trading upwards...a little.  

Also, here's  a LINK to something for Ray Harryhausen fans...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 104>