Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: May 22 2013 at 6:26pm
I know this might be way off topic, but do you guys think "Parker" should be a Razzie contender? It does seem like a 2013 Remake/Rip-Off of "Gigli"
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 6:52pm
Here's the LINK for the Member-Started Forum on Parker --  Actually, I thought it was a remake/rip-off of Payback and Point Blank. 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 10:45am
Funny story: I have a friend who has connections with film distributors, who tells me which movies will get theatrical release here and which ones won't. When he told me that the Best Foreign Film Oscar winner A SEPARATION was being released direct-to-DVD here, I rented it, and I loved it! Now, it appears in the movie listings in the newspaper. My friend told me that it's being shown in "art-house" cinemas. Doesn't matter, because it's still eligible for my Vits Awards.

Meanwhile, because of the success of movies like GRINDHOUSE, a Chilean movie called BRING ME THE HEAD OF THE MACHINE GUN WOMAN is trying to bring a new sub-genre: LatinXploitation (I didn't come up with that name).

Those 2 movies are among the new releases here, along with SAFE HAVEN. Oh, and also FAST & FURIOUS 6. What should I do?

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 1:21pm
Vits: A Separation is the best of the bunch, and due to its currently Fresh status, maybe you could check out Fast & Furious 6 as well.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 7:13pm
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 7:01am
Well, I know that this is a little off topic, but does anyone think Amanda Bynes got conked on the head or something, because WOW!!!

She might not be Lohan levels yet, but is closing in pretty fast.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 7:40am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: With Memorial Day weekend (and the official "kickoff" of 2013's Summer Movie Season) upon us, here's the LINK to read the L.A. Times' Movie Projector column, predicting which mega-budget sequel is likelier to win this week's Big Box Office Showdown between HANGOVER III (Our Worst of the Weak pick) and FAST & FURIOUS 6... 

Hint: They're picking the franchise with more titles, better reviews (and more enthusiastic word-of-mouth)...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 9:56am

Um, Headrazz -- Maybe we should wait until the reviews actually come out for After Earth?  

Oh, and since I'm here, another suggestion: Can we make a forum for the Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson movie The Internship a week early? I mean, I've looked at the trailer. Does it look funny to you?

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 10:17am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: All I've posted so far on AFTER EARTH is a Foto Funny (LINK) so I think Oiram's concern about waiting for reviews is a tad over-cautious. Factoring in that AFTER EARTH is Shyamalan's first film since "winning" multiple RAZZIES for LAST AIRBENDER (and that the studio releasing EARTH has all but scrubbed M. Night's name from all advertising!) I don't think I'm running much of a risk suggesting it's likelier to be "one of ours" than it is to be an actual good movie. 

Also, I find it ironic (if not downright schizophrenic) that in the same post in which he advocates "waiting for reviews" on EARTH, Oiram also tries and persuade me to set up a Forum on THE INTERNSHIP a week before its release... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 10:33am
"Schizophrenic?" That's a harsh word there.

Yeah, I realize that it seems contradictory for me to do that, but the trailers of After Earth don't look as bad as Internship, in my opinion.

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 11:20am
I would agree with Oriam about "Internship" (not funny looking at all). I must also point out that "After Earth" looks pretty much like nothing but addition to the Smith's vanity. Don't get me wrong, Will Smith can be a good actor but at the same time I've noticed he's only involved in projects that make him and/or his son a star/lead. Another big red flag About After Earth is that it was a big secret that M. Night wrote and directed this movie. Like the people producing this movie didn't want ANYONE to know he was a part of making the film. Of course, I am open to being wrong about "After Earth" but by looking at the unimpressive trailer and the \secret that this is M. Night's movie after long time Banishment... this film could be "one of ours".
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 12:23pm
Every time I read about Bynes, I find myself wondering: Where are her parents" Yes, she is an adult -- but that doesn't mean her parents can't help her. 

Originally posted by oiram

Well, I know that this is a little off topic, but does anyone think Amanda Bynes got conked on the head or something, because WOW!!!

She might not be Lohan levels yet, but is closing in pretty fast.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:01pm
Funny story involving After Earth: Several of my friends from Le Moyne showed interest in seeing it. After they told me of this, I told them that M. Night Shyamalan directed it. Virtually every one said the same thing in response: "F*ck, really?" 

So, I've made it my "civic duty" to inform the Le Moyne populace about his involvement.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 6:47am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: On the subject of THE INTERNSHIP (which we were focused on a few posts back) here's the LINK to read an extensive, front page article from today's L.A. Times touting the film (and Google's nearly complete cooperation in its making) as "taking product placement to a whole new level" (which to me makes the film sound both insidious...and inviting as a potential RAZZIE® target). 
Factor in that it was helmed by Shawn Levy (whose past directorial credits include the awful, RAZZIE-nominated remakes of both CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN and THE PINK PANTHER) and I'd say, "schizophrenic" or not, Oiram may be right about this one... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 7:49am
Interesting article about The Internship, but will After Earth also get a forum? After re-watching the trailer a couple of times, I still don't know what that movie is about. It feels like it could be a Battlefield Earth-like disaster...

Originally posted by Vheid

The film critics at Cannes seem to strongly hate Only God Forgives. Many of them have been saying that it is very badly written, that it glorifies brutal violence and that it is very hateful toward women. This is very disappointing, considering how high the expectations for this film were after the success of Drive...but it's starting to look like Only God Forgives might wind up being one of ours!

It always takes some time for the Cannes-reviews to hit Rotten Tomatoes and with 12 reviews Only God Forgives is currently at 17%... Seeing that there are many negative reviews still to come (I've read atleast 30 of them) i think it's worth keeping our eye on this one...

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 7:56am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not to worry -- AFTER EARTH and INTERNSHIP open on successive Fridays (May 31 and June 7) so it's not a matter of "one or the other" -- Both will have Forums soon enough. FYI: I have already compiled the links and info needed to set up the AFTER EARTH Forum, but haven't had time to post them because I was busy celebrating my birthday Friday... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 104>