Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: June 14 2013 at 10:33pm
I saw an article on "The Starving Games," and I can tell you this right now:  If "The Starving Games" is released this year, then I suggest all other Razzie prospects released this year be technically eliminated from competition.  Whenever the film is released, I strongly encourage all Razzie members to unanimously name it Worst Picture of the Year.  These two hacks need to be given their rightful punishment for all the crap they have "contributed" to the film industry.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Can you please provide a LINK for the article you mentioned? Also, I assume you are referring to "Seltzer-Berg" when you say "these two hacks" (IMDb LINK)...  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2013 at 11:35am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Friday grosses are up over at B.O. MoJo. It looks like, despite disappointingly mediocre reviews (R.T. LINK) MAN OF STEEL will have a huge opening weekend -- and the disparity between the R.T. Critics' Rating (57%) and the R.T. Audience Approval Rating (82%) suggest it could be one of the summer's bigger hits. Estimates are that by close of business on Friday night, it had already amassed an impressive $56 million. 

Here's the B.O. MoJo LINK to see details...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2013 at 1:29pm
Was there ever any doubt it would be #1? I mean, people love Superman. But I still don't get its appeal.

It has easily beaten other opening films like "The Bling Ring" and "This is The End," but I wonder if Man of Steel will be able to hold its #1 spot next weekend, competing with the releases of "World War Z" and "Monster's University"??  
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2013 at 6:57pm
A couple Razzie winners made this list.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2013 at 9:01pm
We are four weeks away from the release of the Razzies heir apparent. With World War Z and Monsters University not likely to fall into our pool, our next prospects will be "White House Down" and "The Heat." Both films star Oscar winners and actors already in trouble with us this year.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 6:18am
The only actor from White House Down that is kind of "in trouble with us" is Channing Tatum, but he was only in his last movie (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) for the first 12 minutes.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 7:55am
As I said earlier, I am completely against Disney's motivations for making Planes. Back when Cars 2 was released, I remember director and Disney Animation president John Lassiter saying the only reason they made a sequel to Cars was because it was Pixar movies that made them the most money in toy-sales. So when the trailer for a straight-to-DVD movie called Planes showed up last year, I just knew that Disney would eventually upgrade it to a full/wide theatrical release. It also didn't help that it was made by the Disney Toons, a division of the studio best known for releasing dozens of horrible straight-to-video sequels to well-known Disney classics. 

So I really hope this obvious "product" will get the proper attention from us when it's released! 

Originally posted by Vits

A bunch of sequels were announced this week: MAN OF STEEL, PLANES (when the first one isn't even out yet, which makes it look more Razzie-worthy!) and THE PURGE.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 8:27am
Something no one here has mentioned about Planes: the main character in the film is voiced by former Razzie nominee Dane Cook.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 6:15am
Maybe Worst Original Song should come back? (Not that this is the worst ever, but it is not that great, and it is promoting a movie that is sure to suck):

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 1:37pm
THE LAST EXORCISM PART 2 has been chosen as this week's Worst New Movie on DVD. I wanted to point out that MOVIE 43 (which I believe has more chances to be nominated for Razzies) was also released on DVD today.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those wishing to participate in either film's Forum discussion, here are the links: LAST EXORCISM, TOO (which has an "Official" Forum discussion)and MOVIE 43 (which is a Member-Started Forum discussion)...

The SIN CITY sequel has been pushed back to the next summer. Probably because Robert Rodriguez doesn't want it competing against the MACHETE sequel.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 4:53pm
Well, why the hell not? That Smurfs 2 song is Worst Original Song worthy, and it's promoting what's likely to be one of the worst movies of 2013, so... HeadRazz, what do you say? Worst Original Song back or not?  

Originally posted by oiram

Maybe Worst Original Song should come back? (Not that this is the worst ever, but it is not that great, and it is promoting a movie that is sure to suck)!
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 6:19pm
I was thinking of doing video reviews of films. I mean any kind of film. Whether it be Oscar films, regular films or even Razzie Nominees and "Winners". So please send me requests on which film I should review first.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 6:38pm
Equestria Girls

Okay, seriously, since you did not seem to know about through the last video, do you think you could review Steel, starring Shaquille O'Neal, Annabeth Gish, Irma P. Hall, Richard Roundtree, Judd Nelson and Ray J? (He's the guy that "did" Kim Kardashian in her infamous sex tape.)

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I was thinking of doing video reviews of films. I mean any kind of film. Whether it be Oscar films, regular films or even Razzie Nominees and "Winners". So please send me requests on which film I should review first.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 6:58pm
I remember Ray J well. He's kind of a jerk... at least from what I seen on VH1. I will try to find it on YouTube or on TV. Any other ideas?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 7:05pm
Does this mean you won't do the podcast? If so, then you can review the Razzie winners and nominees you were already planning on talking about.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 7:24pm
One of the movies coming out this weekend, if you can. (World War Z and/or Monster's University)

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I remember Ray J well. He's kind of a jerk... at least from what I seen on VH1. I will try to fins it on YouTube or on TV. Any other ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 104>