Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: June 22 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I would like to announce also I will be posting my official review of the 10 time Razzie winning film "Jack and Jill". Also, tomorrow I will be posting the review for Adam Sandler's latest box office bomb "That's My Boy". I'm just a blunted for punishment aren't I?  
Why both reviews in the same day?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

That's My Boy is on my list of movies I'm never reviewing.
You have a list?
Cry
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2013 at 5:55pm
Yes, I have a list. It's mostly reserved for movies that are incredibly boring, like That's My Boy. The big ones on my never reviewing list are: Almost Famous (A lot of people love this, but I absolutely hate it), any avant-garde*, documentary, foreign, short, or silent film (Because they're so outside the realm of the movies I usually review that it would be unfair to review it), Batman And Robin (Because it's the worst movie ever), any Uwe Boll movie (I reviewed House Of The Dead, but that's the only one of his movies that actually lends itself to a review), Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (Because I actually like this one. In fact, I kind of love it), any Seltzerberg movie (Because that would imply they're worthy of being called films), A Serbian Film (Because no), the Star Wars prequels (For the same reason as Indy 4), and the Twilight films (I reviewed Breaking Dawn Part 1, but I'm not really proud of that one).

*Unless directed, produced, or written by Richard Kelly
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2013 at 6:41pm
Why are you not proud? Sure, your review of BREAKING DAWN PART 1 isn't as funny as your review of HOUSE OF THE DEAD, but "that's not saying much".
LOL
I get why you wouldn't review an avart-garde film*, but why not foreign movies? And why not the ones you said you liked? Do you only want to review bad movies? Also, is your rule that you don't review movies that are boring from beginning to end? Because you highlighted how boring THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE PART II was without the gross scenes. Oh, and I know all of this because I looked your reviews up. I'm not a stalker. With guys, at least.
LOL

*Only some of Richard Kelly's films are avant-garde. The others are avant-garde wannabes.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2013 at 7:45pm
Breaking Dawn: I didn't hate the review, I'm just unimpressed with it. The only part that I found funny was my section on SMeyer and the only reason I reviewed it was because I was still trying to review all the films with a forum here.

Foreign films: there's different film conventions between countries. What's accepted in films from one country aren't in another. For example, there's a lot of musical numbers in Bollywood films, even if they're no musicals. If a musical numbers showed up in say, Avatar, everyone would be confused as Hell.

Good films: I've reviewed good films in the past, but I'm focusing only on bad movies now.*

Boring movies: The main reason I avoid reviewing them is because they usually don't give me good things to talk about. However, if a boring movie does give me something interesting to talk about I could make a review of it. For example, Human Centipede II. The fact that the super-gross scenes actually gave me relief from the boredom and Tom Six's massive unwarrented self-importance are interesting things to talk about.

Also, I'm going to be re-posting my reviews from the 2011 main thread into the forum members' review thread so other forum members won't have to trudge through the old forum to look for them. They'll be mostly unchanged, but if I do change something I'll note it in italics.

*Unless directed, written, or produced by Richard Kelly.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2013 at 8:05pm
My Official review for "The Bling Ring" is now up on "Forum Member Reviews." Please take a look and leave feedback.     

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 11:38am
A Bollywood musical number did happen in MIRROR MIRROR. And you're right: Everybody was confused by it!

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

there's a lot of musical numbers in Bollywood films, even if they're no musicals. If a musical numbers showed up in say, Avatar, everyone would be confused as Hell.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 2:57pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's the LINK to the Forum page where MovieCritic1994's review of BLING RING (and his reviews of BURT WONDERSTONE, THE PURGE and OZ: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL) as well as SchumacherH8ter's reviews of lotsa stuff, can be read...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 10:32pm
I would like to thank Head Razz for the "shout out." 

I really hope you guys like my reviews. Would love your feedback (just don't give me a Razzie for "Worst Movie Critic").  
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 8:07am
It looks like Fifty Shades of Grey may have gotten a director: Nowhere Boy's Sam Taylor-Johnson.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 3:55pm
WHITE HOUSE DOWN and THE HEAT have equal chances of being bad. I think we should wait until the first couple of reviews.

Because of the Sandy Hook shooting, Jim Carrey has decided to not promote KICK-ASS PART 2. Most people (including the author of the comic and producer of the film) are confused as to why he's doing it after filming. I'd like to say to him that even if you eliminate every piece of violence from every movie, that wouldn't stop real-life violence.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

don't give me a Razzie for "Worst Movie Critic").  
Actually, that's one of the categories in Miguel's awards, not the Razzies.
Originally posted by oiram

It looks like Fifty Shades of Grey may have gotten a director: Nowhere Boy's Sam Taylor-Johnson.
I hated NOWHERE BOY, and 50 SHADES OF GREY has already become a joke in Hollywood.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 4:35pm
Vits: May I ask what was it about Nowhere Boy that you hated? Did it seem boring? Was John Lennon put on too high of a pedestal? Too low? Did it seem to be dishonest?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 6:45pm
I don't remember much of NOWHERE BOY. I think I hated it because it focused too much on the family drama and there was no insight into Lennon's music (and to me, that's the point of making a biopic about a musician). Aaron Johnson was nominated for a Vits Award for Worst Movie Actor (Also for THE GREATEST). 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 6:55pm
Him? Then I'm predicting that the movie will actually be a parody. Maybe it's filmed in a way to make fun of ONE DIRECTION and they're not aware of it.  

Originally posted by oiram

You will NEVER GUESS who is directing this concert movie!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 7:04pm
There is a "Concert movie curse" going around. Now the curse usually happens with theatrical releases, not necessarily ones that premiere on cable. With this curse comes the end of the musicians career. Examples would be The Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber. Will this curse follow One Direction? We'll just have to find out     
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 7:40pm
What do you mean? Sure, the Jonas Brothers movie didn't gross as much as it was expected, but it was still a hit. Their careers aren't really over. They just decided to go temporarily solo, right before Bieber appeared, and the fans "transferred" from one "Tween Idol" to another. That's what always happens.

On the other hand, those 2 got their movies after 2 years of being huge. One Direction have been famous for about a year. That shows that people don't believe they'll last, so they're in a hurry to sell tickets before they fade away. Can't really blame them, though. They have some good songs, but unlike most boy bands, I can't see the difference between one and another. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 7:48pm
The Jonas Brothers tried getting back together, but as far as I know it didn't go very well. Yeah, Kevin had a reality show on E! but that didn't do well, either. On the matter of Bieber, his career is also not going so well. We are hearing more about his drug use, and trouble with paparazzi, instead of his music. 

So yeah, I do believe the curse is real!    

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 104>