Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: July 17 2013 at 8:09pm
Since being a trending topic on Twitter is apparently more important than ratings, they're making a sequel to SHARKNADO.

These are the highest paid actors:
10) Liam Neeson.
9) Denzel Washington.
8) Tom Cruise.
7) Adam Sandler.
6) Leonardo DiCaprio.
5) Dwayne Johnson.
4) Mark Wahlberg.
3) Hugh Jackman.
2) Channing Tatum.
1) Robert Downey Jr. ($75 million!).
Originally posted by oiram

RED 2 is starting at a 17%. OUCH!!!
I think it should get a forum.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Who's Your Caddy? was unfunny and awful, but it's more forgettable than Caddyshack II, which is so awful that I still remember it. In addition, the actors in Who's Your Caddy? were either has-beens or never-weres. Caddyshack II has Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase when they were still funny.
You must be right, because CADDYSHACK PART 2 also made it to this (much shorter) list.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 10:18pm
I think Caddyshack II was worse because both it and Who's Your Caddy? are frequently considered among the worst ever, but Caddyshack II moreso, and Caddyshack II was a 1988 Worst Picture runner-up. When I think about it, I'm often appalled that neither Caddyshack II nor Mac and Me could beat Cocktail for Worst Picture that year.

Once again, I must re-iterate HeadRAZZBerry's intention of waiting until Friday to decide whether there should be any Worst New Film(s) of the Weak. Red 2 may or may not keep the Rotten reviews up, and it has 48% Metascore based on the first six reviews there. We should also wait for reviews on R. I. P. D. over the next two days, and if all else gets passable reviews, we will still have Girl Most Likely, which sports an 18% Tomatometer approval rating and 27+% Metascore.

Do you think it'll ever get to the point where a future installment of the Sharknado series gets a theatrical release?

UPDATE: On Thursday morning (July 18), Red 2 is up to 45% approval rating, and R. I. P. D. <still> has no reviews. I guess we should wait until tomorrow after all.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 22; A Dame to Kill For. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 9:58am
New releases here: THE LONE RANGER, PLAYING FOR KEEPS, and of course, TURBO. What should I do?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 10:31am
Here are my thoughts on the Emmy nominations:
- Finally someone listened and nominated Emilia Clarke and Morena Baccarin for Supporting Actress.
- Anna Chlumsky?! I feel she's the worst part of VEEP.
- I like BIG BANG THEORY, but I don't like they've been nominating it since the show's decline. Seriously, the first 2 seasons were excellent, and from then on it's been just O.K.
- While not a big fan, I thought there was going to be more "love" for THE AMERICANS (specially for Keri Russell) and ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.
- I wished there had been more "love" for THE NEWSROOM, but I even I can see its flaws. And why is it nominated for Main Title Design?! The title sequence of season 1 feels never ending!
- I haven't finished DOWNTON ABBEY's season 3, but so far I don't think that the 4th episode (nominated for Writing & Directing) is the best. But Oustanding Drama, Acting & Casting? Of course.
- THE OFFICE is only nominated for the final episode (mainly for Writing). That was the highlight of the weak season.
- Too bad THE GIRL isn't nominated for Outstanding Mini-Series/Movie or for Actress, but at least it is for Actor. And instead they nominated POLITICAL ANIMALS?!
-While THE SIMPSONS hasn't been very good in years, I still prefered them being nominated than any of Seth MacFarlane's shows.
- 30 ROCK should win Music & Lyrics. NASHVILLE had a bunch of good ones, and they closed the season with such a repetitive ballad?
- LIZ & DICK is nominated for Hairstyling and Make-Up?!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 10:44am
Wasn't Arrested Development now being shown on the internet? I think that would have disqualified it.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 10:55am
Apparently being shown on Netflix is the exception. Look at HOUSE OF CARDS.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 3:16am
R.I.P.D. got 14%. That is easily the worst of the week. Red 2 is not looking so hot either.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: To keep the focus on our Mid-Year Worst Picture Poll (LINK) I chose not to do a Worst of the Weak pick today. Last I looked, RED 2 was in the "mediocre" range (around 45-50%) and hardly seems an obvious choice. R.I.P.D. was not even screened for critics until Thursday night, and thus did not have an R.T. Rating in time to be considered. It is my back-up as a possible Left-Over Worst of the Weak for next Friday (by which time its predicted poor box office and R.T. numbers will likely qualify it to be given a Forum)... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 11:51am
Just checked Rotten Tomatoes, and R.I.P.D. (with only 22 reviews) is still at 14% - LINK - while Red 2 has fallen to about 39% - LINK. Not sure if it's worth the time to post a Forum on Red 2, but R.I.P.D. looks like one of the summer's bigger b.o. bombs. HeadRazz: I'd encourage you to add a Forum on it whenever you have the time...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 2:24pm
But isn't RED PART 2 a priority? Unlike R.I.P.D. it stars some actors already in Razzie consideration.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 3:13pm
To Vits: This time, it's the reviews that count, because the difference between them is huge. Red 2's reviews (Rotten T approval rating and Metascore) average out to the low 40's, and such reviews (a C- on the 20/40/60/80 scale) can't compete with the rest of this year's contenders. R. I. P. D.'s corresponding average is in the high teens (F#). After 2012's short crop of official contenders, we need all the contenders with approval ratings below 20% (D/F boundary) we can get. Plus R. I. P. D. stars Ryan Reynolds, the star of 2011 contender Green Lantern.

I hope that on either July 22 or July 23, I see the forum for R. I. P. D., which is the worst wide-release of this week, and more well-known than the similarly panned Girl Most Likely!

EDIT 1: Not to mention Kevin Bacon has mostly good films on his resume, and R. I. P. D. is a... how should I put it... "bruise on the otherwise succulent fruit".

EDIT 2: One more thing. The name Rest in Peace Department (RIPD) derives from Jeff Bridges' role as an undead cowboy. Haven't zombies already met cowboys in 2010 under-RAZZED bomb Jonah Hex?
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 22; A Dame to Kill For. Ags 29; Jessabelle
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 5:01pm
Just got back from The Conjuring. It was awesomely spooky. 
My grade: B+
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 11:54pm
Has there ever been a summer with so many major bombs coming out on after another (after earth, white house down, the lone ranger, pacific rim and now apparently r.i.p.d).. it seems as if every week one major studio is losing atleast onehundredmillion dollars... One has to wonder ifthe problem isn't "lack of brandrecognition" but that the problem might be the movies bloated budgets...

A year ago i heard on the Dutch news that attadence in regular cinemas was getting smaller over here while attandence in art house cinemas (were they mostly show foreign and indie films) was increasing... In the poll in was revealed that this change came because a lack of original storytelling in the films Hollywood is bringing out...

I also noticed that here in Europe there is and increased and growing presence of French films... Last year France had a lot of succes with Amour, Rust & Bone, Populaire and off course The Intouchables (which made blockbuster-like money abroad)... I feel like this has nothing to do with that French films are "better", it has more to do with the fact that American cinema just isn't delivering enough original movies and Europeans are therefor searching elsewhere...
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2013 at 12:21am
Tomorrow, I will be posting my official review of one of my most hated films... CATWOMAN. Make sure to check it out tomorrow on Forum Member Reviews.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2013 at 2:35pm
R.I.P.D.'s reviews are worse than we thought, so it's good that it'll get a forum. But if Bruce Willis and Catherine Zeta-Jones remain in consideration, will they also be considered for RED PART 2?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2013 at 3:00pm
Mary Louise-Parker just happens to be in both R.I.P.D. AND Red 2, and some reviews stated she was one of the more annoying parts of Red 2.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2013 at 9:15am
New casting announcement for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake/reboot: Hip hop artist Mos Def as Baxter Stockman.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 104>