Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: September 25 2013 at 2:48pm
It seems as though October 4's Runner Runner is getting the same reviews that Baggage Claim got in the last 3-4 days: losing 1-6 on Rotten Tomatoes, and two reviews on Metacritic, 30% and 40%. Worse, Ben Affleck is returning to the front of the camera instead of staying behind the camera where he belongs! It also stars N*SYNC's top soloist Tustin Jimberlake, I mean Justin Timberlake, and Gemma Anterton from Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. Also, Anthony Mackie will appear in The Fifth Estate a couple weeks later. Right now, that has a 38% approval rating. If it keeps the negative reviews up, it'll join the ranks of Carrie [remake] and Escape Plan and bring October 18 to three contenders for our awards. For October 11, Machete Kills, right now at 2 for 5, will need more negative reviews, but could be a contender. And Jacka** Presents Bad Grandpa might round out October at 6 contenders if it gets bad reviews instead of the mixed scores that the first three Jacka** films got. But I'm predicting a total of 5 contenders for next month. I'm not going to get started on November, except for that it has almost that many possible contenders on the first day!

too long; didn't read: After this week, our next contender should be Runner Runner, with similar reviews to Baggage Claim.

EDIT: Again, not enough new material for a full post, but... I'm not considering Affleck for Runner Runner, just Anterton and perhaps Mackie, who are starring in other badly-reviewed films this year. I only made that remark about Affleck because lately, when he's directing, he succeeds, but when he's acting, he fails. 

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2013 at 3:22pm
I read some of the reviews, and I did not really see many comments blaming Affleck, so he probably is not a contender.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2013 at 4:44pm
DON JON, RUSH and CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS PART 2 have all started off with very good reviews.

Adam Sandler can suck it:
http://screenrant.com/pacific-rim-box-office-highest-grossing-movie-new-ip-2013/
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 2:38pm
New releases here there: RED PART 2, MORALES EL REFORMADOR (about a Chilean activist that warns people about the decadency of society) , and of course, CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS PART 2. Oh, and also RUNNER RUNNER. What should I do... when I go back?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 2:41pm
No movies on Eastern Island?

Well, anyone of those, you can choose, but my personal opinion... Red 2. I heard some people say Cloudy 2 is really too kiddy. As in, all jokes are little kid level.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 9:22pm
There's only one theatre, and it's abandoned. My aunt (who lives here) told me that locals are too lazy and so nobody stepped up and bought it when the previous owner wanted to sell.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 4:05am
I heard recently that a Fred Rogers biopic is in the works. I am not entirely sure how that will work, nor am I sure who the heck they'll cast as him, but it is happening: LINK

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 9:12pm
I'm back! And I see that there's a forum for RUNNER RUNNER. Not sure why so early. The only other big release next week is GRAVITY, which already has a consensus as one of the best movies of the year. Perhaps there's time for the Worst Actress Forum Poll?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The RUNNER RUNNER Forum (LINK) went up "so early" because, unlike most recent RAZZ-able releases, its studio made the mistake of doing early screenings and its RT number (currently below 25%) made it clear early on that it was a likely contender.  

On the matter of a 2013 Worst Actress Forum poll, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't feel we have enough choices yet (less than 10 by my count) to make for a valid survey*...

* Cue Oram to post a list of 27 semi-serious possible choices...  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 5:04am
I agree on Worst Actress forum poll. Can't wait to complain about who did and did not make "the list."  

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 1:17pm
As I was looking through possible films for my next review, I had been wanting to do something current that could possibly be nominated for the 2013 Razzies. However, I've been feeling a little too negative lately, and am wanting to review the past Oscar Nominee, ParaNorman.

Then, I came across two past Razzie films: Basic Instinct 2 and BloodRayne. So I ask you, my fellow Forum members, what should be my next review?
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 1:23pm
Joel Schumacher is coming to Syracuse (where I live) this Friday. He's going to be screening Falling Down (one of the only two Schumacher films I like).
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 1:52pm
Would you write a review of a franchise? Because if so, you can review the two BASIC INSTINCT's or the three BLOODRAYNE's.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I came across two past Razzie films: Basic Instinct 2 and BloodRayne. So I ask you, my fellow Forum members, what should be my next review?
Are you gonna throw tomatoes at him?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Joel Schumacher is coming to Syracuse (where I live) this Friday. He's going to be screening Falling Down (one of the only two Schumacher films I like).
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 2:03pm
ParaNorman

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

As I was looking through possible films for my next review, I had been wanting to do something current that could possibly be nominated for the 2013 Razzies. However, I've been feeling a little too negative lately, and am wanting to review the past Oscar Nominee, ParaNorman.

Then, I came across two past Razzie films: Basic Instinct 2 and BloodRayne. So I ask you, my fellow Forum members, what should be my next review?

Response to HeadRazz: Actually, I only have 16. 13 , since you do not count Diane Keaton, Katherine Heigl, or Lindsay Lohan.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 2:17pm
No, I'm not going to throw tomatoes at Schumacher, but I still might go. This week is the Syracuse International Film Festival, which is why he's coming. I actually have to go see a movie there on Thursday for a class. The Thursday film is "It" starring Clara Bow, with live music by Patrick Doyle (who did the scores for Thor and Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes). 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 2:22pm
So, I should update my list:

Worst Picture
After Earth
The Big Wedding   
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A Good Day to Die Hard
Grown Ups 2   
The Hangover Part III
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
A Haunted House
The Host
InAPPropriate Comedy
The Lone Ranger
Movie 43
Scary Movie 5
The Smurfs 2

Worst Actor
Adrien Brody/InAPPropriate Comedy
Robert De Niro/The Big Wedding, The Family, and Killing Season
Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer/The Lone Ranger
Liam Hemsworth/Love and Honor and Paranoia
Ashton Kutcer/Jobs
Jeremy Renner/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Ryan Reynolds/R.I.P.D.
Adam Sandler/Grown Ups 2
Will Smith and Jaden Smith/After Earth
Jason Sudeikis/Movie 43 and We're the Millers
Channing Tatum/G.I. Joe: Retaliation and White House Down
Vince Vaughn/The Internship
Mark Wahlberg/Broken City and Pain & Gain
Marlon Wayans/A Haunted House
Bruce Willis/G.I. Joe: Retaliation, A Good Day to Die Hard, and RED 2
Patrick Wilson/Insidious: Chapter 2

Worst Actress
Jennifer Aniston/We're the Millers
Gemma Arterton/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Ashley Bell/The Last Exorcism Part II
Halle Berry/The Call and Movie 43
Rose Byrne/Insidious: Chapter 2 and The Internship
Selena Gomez/Getaway
Katherine Heigl/The Big Wedding
Jennifer Hudson/Winnie Mandela
Diane Keaton/The Big Wedding
Lindsay Lohan/The Canyons
Jennifer Lopez/Parker
Chloe Grace Moretz/Kick-Ass 2 and Movie 43
Paula Patton/Baggage Claim
Michelle Pfeiffer/The Family
Saoirse Ronan (as Melanie Stryder) and Saoirse Ronan (as Wanderer)/The Host
Ashley Tisdale/Scary Movie 5

Worst Supporting Actor
"The Amazing Racist" Ari Shaffir/InAPPropriate Comedy
Hank Azaria/The Smurfs 2
Chris Brown/Battle of the Year
Harrison Ford/Paranoia
Brendan Gleeson/The Smurfs 2
Terrence Howard/Dead Man Down, Movie 43, and Winnie Mandela
Ken Jeong/The Hangover Part III, Pain & Gain, and Rapture-Palooza
Taylor Lautner/Grown Ups 2
Seth MacFarlane/Movie 43
Christopher Mintz-Plasse/Kick-Ass 2 and Movie 43
Gary Oldman/Paranoia
Shaquille O'Neal/Grown Ups 2
Rob Schneider (as J.D.) and Rob Schneider (as Psychologist)/InAPPropriate Comedy
Charlie Sheen/Scary Movie 5
David Spade/Grown Ups 2
Ray Stevenson/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Nick Swardson/Grown Ups 2 and A Haunted House
Jon Voight/Getaway
Tom Wilkinson/The Lone Ranger
Robin Williams/The Big Wedding

Worst Supporting Actress
Dianna Agron/The Family
Elizabeth Banks/Movie 43
Helena Bonham Carter/The Lone Ranger
Salma Hayek/Grown Ups 2
Amber Heard/Paranoia
Famke Janssen/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Kim Kardashian/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Diane Kruger/The Host
Lindsay Lohan/InAPPropriate Comedy and Scary Movie 5
Adrianne Palicki/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Emma Roberts/We're the Millers
Michelle Rodriguez/Fast & Furious 6 and InAPPropriate Comedy
Katee Sackhoff/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia and Riddick
Susan Sarandon/The Big Wedding and Snitch
Kate Winslet/Movie 43
Catherine Zeta-Jones/Broken City and RED 2

Worst Screen Couple
Any combination of any two cast members utterly embarrassing themselves by making vulgar, crude, and/or offensive "jokes"/Movie 43
Any combination of any two supposed "friends"/Grown Ups 2
Ashley Bell and the demon possessing her/The Last Exorcism Part II
Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds/R.I.P.D.
Johnny Depp and either Helena Bonham Carter, Armie Hammer, or the crow headpiece/The Lone Ranger
Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman/Paranoia
Selena Gomez and Ethan Hawke/Getaway
Liam Hemsworth and either Amber Heard or his girly run/Paranoia
Jennifer Hudson and Terrence Howard/Winnie Mandela
Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen/Scary Movie 5
Jennifer Lopez and Jason Statham/Parker
Jeremy Renner and either Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen, or Pihla Viitala/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Saoirse Ronan and either Jake Abel, Max Irons, or Saoirse Ronan/The Host
Will Smith and Jaden Smith/After Earth
Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson/The Internship
Marlon Wayans and either Essence Atkins, Nick Swardson, or the “Paranormal Activity”/A Haunted House
Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney/A Good Day to Die Hard

Worst Screen Ensemble
Entire cast of After Earth
Entire cast of The Big Wedding
Entire cast of G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Entire cast of A Good Day to Die Hard
Entire cast of Grown Ups 2
Entire cast of The Hangover Part III
Entire cast of Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Entire cast of A Haunted House
Entire cast of The Host
Entire cast of InAPPropriate Comedy
Entire cast of The Lone Ranger
Entire cast of Movie 43
Entire cast of Scary Movie 5

Worst Sequel or Prequel
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A Good Day to Die Hard
Grown Ups 2
The Hangover Part III
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Insidious: Chapter 2
Kick-Ass 2
The Last Exorcism Part II
RED 2
Scary Movie 5
The Smurfs 2
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Remake or Rip-off
Battle of the Year (Remake of Planet B-Boy)
The Big Wedding (Remake of Mon frčre se marie)
The Hangover Part III
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
A Haunted House
The Lone Ranger
Tyler Perry Presents Peeples (Rip-off of Meet the Parents)
Planes (Rip-off of Cars)
Scary Movie 5
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Director
Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, Peter Farrelly, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Bob Odenkirk, Brett Ratner, and Jonathan van Tulleken/Movie 43
Jon M. Chu/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Dennis Dugan/Grown Ups 2
Raja Gosnell/The Smurfs 2
Malcolm D. Lee (With some “help” from David Zucker)/Scary Movie 5
Robert Luketic/Paranoia
John Moore/A Good Day to Die Hard
Andrew Niccol/The Host
Tyler Perry/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
“The ShamWow! Guy” Vince Offer/InAPPropriate Comedy
M. Night Shyamalan (With some “help” from Will Smith)/After Earth
Courtney Solomon/Getaway
Gore Verbinski/The Lone Ranger
Tommy Wirkola/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Worst Screenplay
After Earth (Screenplay by M. Night Shyamalan and Gary Whitta; Rewrites by Mark Boal and Stephen Gaghan; Story by Will Smith)
Getaway (Screenplay by Gregg Maxwell Parker and Sean Finegan)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick; Based on the toyline and cartoon by Hasbro)
A Good Day to Die Hard (Screenplay by Skip Woods; Based on the characters created by Roderick Thorp)
Grown Ups 2 (Written by Adam Sandler, and Tim Herlihy, and Fred Wolf; Based on the characters created by Adam Sandler and Fred Wolf)
The Hangover Part III (Screenplay by Todd Phillips and Craig Mazin; Based on the characters created by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore)
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Written by Dante Harper and Tommy Wirkola; Based on the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm)
A Haunted House (Written by Rick Alvarez and Marlon Wayans)
The Host (Screenplay by Andrew Niccol; Based on the novel by Stephanie Meyer)
InAPPropriate Comedy (Written by “The ShamWow! Guy” Vince Offer, Ken Pringle, and "The Amazing Racist" Ari Shaffir; Additional dialogue by Adrien Brody, Dante, Christina Pazsitzky, and John Ryan Jr.)
The Internship (Screenplay by Vince Vaughn and Jared Stern; Story by Vince Vaughn)
Jobs (Written by Matt Whiteley)
The Lone Ranger (Screenplay by Justin Haythe, Ted Elliott, and Terry Rossio; Story by Justin Haythe, Ted Elliott, and Terry Rossio; Based on Lone Ranger by Fran Striker and George W. Trendle)
Movie 43 (Written by Steve Baker, Ricky Blitt, Will Carlough, Tobias Carlson, Jacob Fleisher, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Clas Kjellstrom, Jack Kukoda, Bob Odenkirk, Bill O'Malley, Matthew Alec Portenoy, Greg Pritikin, Rocky Russo, Olle Sarri, Elizabeth Wright Shapiro, Jeremy Sosenko, Jonathan van Tulleken, and Jonas Wittenmark)
Paranoia (Screenplay by Barry Levy and Jason Dean Hall; Based on the novel by Joseph Finder)
Scary Movie 5 (Written by Pat Proft and David Zucker)
The Smurfs 2 (Screenplay by J. David Stem, David N. Weiss, Jay Scherick, David Ronn, and Karey Kirkpatrick; Story by J. David Stem, David N. Weiss, Jay Scherick, and David Ronn; Based on the characters created by Peyo)

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 2:33pm
VITS, it would take too much time to review all three BloodRayne Films. I might watch both Basic Instinct films if I can find the first one.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 104>