Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > LAST EXORCISM, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of LAST EXORCISM, DUDE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of LAST EXORCISM, DUDE!
    Posted: February 26 2013 at 1:01pm
WE THOUGHT A HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT 2: GHOSTS of GEORGIA(!) WOULD BE 2013's DUMBEST HORROR MOVIE TITLE...WE MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG.

THE LAST EXORCISM, TOO -- a TITLE WHICH, LIKE the IMAGES of POSSESSED PEOPLE on THIS FILM's VARIOUS POSTERS, TWISTS ITSELF INTO PRETZELS of ILLOGIC -- MAY BE MORE DESERVING of THAT DIS-STINK-TION.

YET ANOTHER SEQUEL for WHICH NO ONE BUT the INVESTORS of the FIRST FILM WERE CLAMORING, LAST EXORCISM, TOO IS ALSO ANOTHER EXAMPLE of the LATEST/LAMEST LAZY MOVIE DEVICE: THE "FOUND FOOTAGE" FEATURE, in WHICH the CHEAP-JACK PRODUCTION VALUES ARE EXCUSED by the 
"FACT" THAT WHAT AUDIENCES ARE SEEING WAS REPUTEDLY "FOUND" RATHER THAN PRODUCED (IN MUCH the SAME WAY YOUR NEIGHBOR's DOG LEAVES "GIFTS"  to BE "FOUND" on YOUR  LAWN). 

AND, WHILE WE'RE on the SUBJECT of THIS FILM's OBVIOUS SHORT-COMINGS: APPARENTLY THEY'VE MADE a MOVIE SO SCARY THAT IT's RATED...PG-13?!?  WHAT WERE THEY TRYING to DO, MAKE the FIRST HORROR MOVIE YOU COULD SAFELY TAKE GRANDMA and GRANDPA to SEE?!?!?

AS WITH ITS PREDECESSORS, PROGENITORS and PARTNERS in CINEMATIC CRIME, THIS ONE LOOKS LIKELY to BE FORGOTTEN by YEAR's END...

BUT FORGIVEN??  THAT's ANOTHER MATTER!   

HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE for THIS FILM...

...and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the FOTO FUNNY for IT...

SATAN's AWAITING yer PONTIFICATIN' -- SO QUIT PROCRASTINATIN' 

...and GIT to IT!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 1:21pm
Seeing a new official forum made me feel like it was Christmas morning!  

I predict that, in a couple of years, people will say "THE LAST EXORCISM was the last exorcism movie that was any good."  
LOL  

Seriously, though, the sub-genre usually gets a bad rap because everyone assumes they all rip-off THE EXORCIST. Not necessarily, since it's now a sub-genre. However, this one will probably rip-off the first installment.

The director from the first LAST EXORCISM didn't return for this one. Instead, he made THE DEVIL INSIDE. That must've been a hard choice for him...

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 2:26pm
The director of The Last Exorcism was Daniel Stamm and he had nothing to do with The Devil Inside. 

I personally enjoyed the first one, but this one looks like a lazy/crappy cash-in.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 3:03pm
Making horror movies that are rated PG-13 is, sadly, a more common practice these days.  

And yeah, one of the dumbest titles I've ever heard! 
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 4:08pm
Oops! I haven't seen the first one. It went straight-to-DVD here, and I've never seen on TV. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The director of The Last Exorcism was Daniel Stamm and he had nothing to do with The Devil Inside.

I personally enjoyed the first one, but this looks like a lazy/crappy cash-in.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 8:51am
Jill Kill's review: 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 2:04pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 4:37pm
It's going to stay around 15% on R.T. (without a concensus).
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 5:36pm
I just found out that Ashley Bell, the star here, is the daughter of Michael Bell, who did voice over work  on everything from Super Friends to Rugrats.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2013 at 7:45am
So, is that how she's able to make her voice sound so... "demonic"?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2013 at 7:32pm
Could be -- Maybe she got vocal lessons from her father! 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 3:31pm
Antonio Martínez (1/5): ""How can you tell a possesed chicken and a normal chicken apart?". That question is just like the on-screen exorcism and the movie itself: pointless".

Leopoldo Muńoz (2/7): "The resources are exploited to no end with excessive sound effects that are meant to hide the fact that they couldn't create the necessary creepy atmosphere".

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 5:43pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Actress for Ashley Bell.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake or Sequel.
-Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 6:56pm
Why not Worst Picture? Weren't some of the effects badly done?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2013 at 10:11am
The effects were the least of its problems (they didn't use them a lot). I just didn't think it was that bad. Actually, I was scared a couple of times. However, it's one of those movies were I wouldn't be against a Worst Picture nomination.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 9:37pm
Time to review the holder of one of the dumbest titles of the year and the worst horror movie this year too.

One thing that the film does well is the demon voices that show up from time-to-time. They're creepy and unsettling and the only thing about this movie that is creepy and unsettling. Well, that and Julia Garner's appearance!*

Speaking of her, her performance is not good. She plays an ambiguously evil girl at the house that Nell is staying at. Well, she's supposed to be ambiguous, but Garner plays her as super sinister. Strangely, despite how evil Garner plays her, it's implied by Nell killing her at the end that she's not evil at all.

Giving Ashley Bell the lead was a bad idea. She doesn't have very much charisma and her performance is Razzie-worthy. She was OK in the first one, where her screen-time was more limited. Another issue with her performance is how badly it compares to Patrick Fabian's on the first one. Fabian gave a great and charismatic performance in the first Last Exorcism. Sure, he may have followed that role up with Atlas Shrugged II: Shrug Harder, but it doesn't negate his turn as Cotton. The decision to make the film a regular film instead of a found footage is confusing. It could have been an in-universe documentary about trying to figure out what happened with Nell. The last ten minutes of the film are some of the most unintentionally funny moments of the year. In them, Nell "lets the tiger out" and becomes evil. She kills the people trying to exercise the demon out of her, the girls at the halfway house she's staying at, and destroys most of New Orleans. That last part is accompanied by a hilariously dumb metal song.

How did footage from Nell's exorcism find its way to YouTube. Grade: D+

Next-up: The Fly II!!

*I'm not saying she's ugly per se, just that she has a face that would not be out-of-place as a demon's face in a sh*tty B-movie on the SyFy channel.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>