Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY
    Posted: March 25 2013 at 8:52am

WHERE DO WE BEGIN??  

YOU'D HAVE to GO ALL the WAY BACK to OUR 2005 WORST PICTURE "WINNER" DIRTY LOVE to FIND a FILM THAT FIRES on SO MANY RAZZIE® CYLINDERS as THIS ONE DOES.  

HERE's a PARTIAL LIST of THIS FILM's "RAZZIE® CREDENTIALS":

ITS PRINCIPAL CAST IS WALL-to-WALL with PAST RAZZIE® "WINNERS," REPEAT OFFENDERS and/or FORMER OSCAR WINNERS JUST ASKING for a RAZZ-ING: LINDSAY LOHAN, ROB SCHNEIDER, MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ and 2002 OSCAR WINNER ADRIEN BRODY (WHOSE "CAREER" IS in DANGER of OVER-TAKING CUBA GOODING's for the TITLE of "MOST EMBARRASSING OSCAR WINNER GONE BAD")... 

IT ACTUALLY BRAGS in ITS ADVERTISING THAT IT WAS DIRECTED by "THAT SHAM-WOW GUY" (a POINT the BERRY FEW FILM CRIX WHO BOTHERED to SEE IT COULD NOT RESIST RAGGING ON)... 

IT's APPARENTLY "THE SHAM-WOW GUY's" EQUIVALENT of a "SELTZERBERG/SATIRE" MOVIE, BUT MADE by SOMEONE with the INCREDIBLE CREDENTIAL of CLEARLY BEING EVEN LESS TALENTED THAN "SELTZERBERG"...  

IT's "RIFFING ON" (READ "RIPPING OFF") the OLD DIRTY HARRY MOVIES -- THE FIRST of WHICH WAS MADE...42 YEARS AGO!! 

...and FINALLY (the ONLY SMART THING ABOUT the MOVIE's MARKETING) IT WAS APPARENTLY WITHHELD from CRITICS -- with a VENGEANCE...SO EFFECTIVELY THAT, the MONDAY AFTER IT OPENED, THERE WERE STILL ONLY FOUR REVIEWS POSTED at ROTTEN TOMATOES...EVERY ONE of THEM MERCILESSLY SLAMMING the FILM, BUT the TOTAL NUMBER of THEM BEING TOO FEW to ACTUALLY GET the FILM an R.T. RATING(!)... 

EVERY NOW and THEN, OUR VOTING MEMBERS CHOOSE to ELECT a TINY TURD of a MOVIE as WORST PICTURE OVER BIGGER, BLOATED-BUDGET BLUNDERS: IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY LOOKS POISED to JOIN THAT LEAGUE of the ULTRA-LAME.  

NOW THAT WE'VE SHOT IT SEVERAL TIMES in the HEAD to PREP IT for YOU, FEEL FREE to "GO IN FOR the KILL" BELOW.

FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT, HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM FOTO FUNNY on THIS FILM... 

AND for the MORBIDLY CURIOUS, HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on the FILM (LISTING LINKS to SEE GROSSES, REVIEWS, PROMO LINKS and the FILM's IMDb PAGE)...  

I'D SAY "ENJOY!" BUT in THIS CASE, THAT SEEMS EXTREMELY...

IN-APP-PROPRIATE!  

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the YouTube/Trailer LINK Above... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 10:02am
Um, actually, this isn't the first movie the Sham-Wow Guy directed -- Here's an IMDb LINK to see the other one...  

Considering that this is a "pseudo sequel" to THAT movie (and it has the same idea as Movie 43  --make a film consisting of intentionally stupid, raunchy, and offensive skits) it should probably be up for Worst Sequel/Prequel/Remake or Rip-off.  

Also I should mention that "Sham-Wow Man" is not only the main mastermind behind this, he should also be considered for Worst actor, as he also has an "acting role" in this.

And I don't think Adrien just did this movie just for the money. According to IMDb, he actually "helped" write the screenplay!

Ya know, this movie's release only strengthens my argument for there to be a Special Category this year called "Worst Excuse for a Raunchy, Gross-Out, Offensive 'Comedy." I mean, besides this, there was A Haunted House, Movie 43, Identity Thief, 21 and Over, Burt Wonderstone... and looking at up-coming releases, it's not going to stop here!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 11:32am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Reading Oiram's comments above, I was curious if "Sham-Wow Guy's" previous movie was ever even released. Here's a LINK to the B.O. MoJo page for it... 

SPOILER ALERT: "Sham Wow Guy's" first film grossed all of...$856!!!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 1:42pm
A half hour ago, (14:10 Pacific Daylight Time) this film had a statistic once thought unattainable: 1% --count it, ONE PERCENT! -- at MetaCritic based on the first 4 reviews!  

At a bare minimum, this should be considered for Worst Screen Ensemble (Brody, Schneider, Lohan, and Rodriguez). Knowing how badly Underground Comedy Movie was received, I'd say this would be a good pick to actually "win" for Worst Picture. Even if Underground wasn't nominated for the Worst of 1999 RAZZIES. I would've replaced Big Daddy, The Blair Witch Project, and The Phantom Menace with Underground Comedy Movie, Baby Geniuses, and End of Days for Worst Picture of 1999.

And this film comes from the man whose pitch made ShamWow the biggest infommercial of the Decade of the 00-Agents! 

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 22; A Dame to Kill For. Ags 29; Jessabelle
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 2:20pm
I'm even going ahead to say this is already the worst film of the year. Movie 43 just got shut out by this.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 2:37pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Given that I don't recall ever seeing a MetaCritic Rating much below 10%, this film bottoming out at a record low 1% (LINK to Confirm) is arguably historic. Looks like while many of us were presuming G.I. JOE RETALIATION (R.T. LINK) would likely be The BERRY Biggest RAZZIE® Bomb of March, this little Turd Torpedo snuck in and stole Joe's thunder. 

And, yes, I'd have to concur with Jesse685, this one's all but got a lock to be listed for Worst Picture (and several other categories) come Nominating Ballot time at the end of the year... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 2:38pm
Don't be so sure about that, guys! Movie 43 boasts a much larger cast of people that should be doing (and have done) better. Plus, this one is a limited release, while Movie 43 was a wide release. 

I think the safest bet is Worst Supporting Actress for Lindsay Lohan (And remember, she's also playing "herself" in Scary Movie 5).  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 2:52pm
So, Oiram: Do you really think Movie 43 is worse, or are disagreeing just to disagree? I've noticed that you often take a contrary point of view just to "stir things up." 

On the face of it (and I should admit I haven't yet seen either this or Movie 43) this one sounds the more indefensible of the two: Letting the "Sham Wow Guy" (whose first movie's $856 gross in 1999 would come out to about $873 in 2013 bucks) ever direct again (and then casting Lohan and Schneider!) is like BEGGING to get Razzies!! 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 2:57pm

Of course InAPPropriate Comedy is worse than Movie 43 -- but if you look at past Razzie history, the voters have a tendency not to pick the truly worst movies, but ones that are widely hated that the general public has heard of. How else can you explain Seltzer/Friedberg never  having won Razzies yet?

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 2:58pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although the two films seem to have a lot of things in common, I see no reason why this film and MOVIE 43 couldn't both be Worst Picture contenders and/or nominees...though I have to say, the impressive cast they somehow coralled for MOVIE 43 at least looked like it might be a promising project, while this film looks like its casting director was working from the RAZZIE® History pages at the IMDb (LINK)...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 3:01pm
The only reason most of the "impressive cast" were in Movie 43 was because they either wanted a chance to work with a certain actor or actress, OR they were tricked (or guilt-tripped) into doing it. In some ways, I think the latter point makes Movie 43 more detestable. 

Getting back to InAPPropriate Comedy specifically, does anyone think that Amazing Racist guy, Ari Shaffir, is an example of why Worst New Star should return?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 4:31pm
Since they were probably filmed around the same time, (and it's not like either was the first one to use this concept), it's not like this a remake/rip-off of MOVIE 43. And shouldn't one see UNDERGROUND COMEDY MOVIE to know how much this one follows it in order to call this a sequel? 

Originally posted by oiram

Um, actually, this isn't the first movie the Sham-Wow Guy directed -- Here's an IMDb LINK to see the other one...  

Considering that this is a "pseudo sequel" to THAT movie (and it has the same idea as Movie 43  --make a film consisting of intentionally stupid, raunchy, and offensive skits) it should probably be up for Worst Sequel/Prequel or Remake/Rip-off.

Ya know, this movie's release only strengthens my argument for there to be a Special Category this year called "Worst Excuse for a Raunchy, Gross-Out, Offensive 'Comedy." I mean, besides this, there was A Haunted House, Movie 43, Identity Thief, 21 and Over, Burt Wonderstone... and looking at up-coming releases, it's not going to stop here!
I think that's a little too far-fetched. If we do that, why not Worst Light Comedy? Or Worst Horror that's not a Thriller?
Originally posted by GTAHater767

At a bare minimum, this should be considered for Worst Screen Ensemble (Brody, Schneider, Lohan, and Rodriguez).
You mean that they should be included, right? Because the award goes to the entire cast. By the way, that would include Vince Offer since he's in the movie (As Oiram said).
Originally posted by davecampbell

So, Oiram: Do you really think Movie 43 is worse, or are disagreeing just to disagree? I've noticed that you often take a contrary point of view just to "stir things up."
Since he hasn't seen this movie (he couldn't have), he's probably just going by the worlwide concensus.

if you look at past Razzie history, the voters have a tendency not to pick the truly worst movies, but ones that are widely hated that the general public has heard of.
It's not always like that. Sometimes it's simply a case of movies with releases so limited that voters couldn't see them.

Getting back to InAPPropriate Comedy specifically, does anyone think that Amazing Racist guy, Ari Shaffir, is an example of why Worst New Star should return?
If that's the case, Offer could be nominated (depending on how big his role is). Or Dante, who plays that character's assistant.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 4:49pm
Vits, replying to our last point:

If Underground Comedy Movie does not count as Vince Offer's first movie, he still had a cameo in Jack & Jill, so he technically can't be considered as Worst New Star.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 5:12pm
Even though InAPPropriate Comedy is a lock for me at the moment for Worst Picture, as well as Worst Actor and Supporting Actor & Actress, for me, it still doesn't beat Movie 43 for Worst Screen Ensemble or Worst Director (or should I say DIRECTORS -- since 12 of them each worked on different segments of the film!) .
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 8:18pm
This "film" begs for a Cinematic Titanic treatment!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: In other words, "Where's an iceberg when we need one??" 

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 11:30am
This is so bad...I'd rather watch Trinity Broadcasting!  

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>