Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > Tyler Perry's TEMPTATION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of Tyler Perry's TEMPTATION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of Tyler Perry's TEMPTATION
    Posted: March 27 2013 at 12:52pm

IS IT JUST US, OR DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK TYLER PERRY IS TOO PROLIFIC for HIS OWN GOOD?? 

WITH TYLER PERRY's TEMPTATION, FOUR-TIME RAZZIE® NOMINEE PERRY HAS NOW MADE...37 TYLER PERRY MOVIES in JUST 48 MONTHS!

...OKAY, WE'RE EXAGGERATING for EFFECT. 

BUT IT DOES SEEM LIKE EVERY OTHER FRIDAY, the MAN HAS YET ANOTHER NEW MOVIE in MULTIPLEXES. 

AND with THIS ONE, the LACK of TIME and EFFORT HE PUTS INTO EACH TITLE HAS BECOME EMBARRASSINGLY OBVIOUS: THE BASIC PLOT ELEMENTS (HAPPILY MARRIED COUPLE...OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS in the FORM of an IRRESISTABLE SEXY MAN/WOMAN WHO TEMPTS the HUSBAND/WIFE...and MARITAL DISCORD--  and MANUFACTURED DRAMA -- ENSUE) HAVE BEEN DONE to DEATH. EXAMPLES: 

OBSESSED...  

CITIZEN KANE...   

(OKAY, THAT LAST TITLE WAS JUST SO I COULD CLAIM I MENTIONED CITIZEN KANE and a TYLER PERRY MOVIE in a SINGLE FORUM ENTRY -- THOUGH KANE DID FEATURE MARITAL INFIDELITY as a MAJOR PLOT POINT)  

ANYWAZE, IF THIS ONE IZ an IMPROVEMENT OVER PERRY's THREE RAZZIE® NOMINATED EFFORTS from 2012, WE'LL BE SURPRISED...

...and WE DON'T EXPECT to BE SURPRISED.  

TO LET US KNOW YOUR OPINION (and/or EXPRESS YOUR EXPECTATION) REGARDING THIS FILM, CLICK BELOW on 'POST REPLY" and... 

...FIRE AWAY!  

TO FURTHER YOUR EDIFICATION REAGARDING ALL THINGS TYLER PERRY, HERE's a LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM...

...and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR FOTO FUNNY for IT -- FEATURING ANOTHER of the REASONS WE EXPECT THIS ONE to BE RAZZIE® FODDER: KIM KARDASHIAN PLAYING a SUPPORTING ROLE! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 1:04pm
Kim Kardashian is DEFINITELY the one person I think should get an acting Razzie nomination for this!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 2:54pm
Every week, there's something called a Movie Jail poll in joblo.com, where they ask whether someone is guilty or not of having a bad career. This week, they're asking about Tyler Perry. The only people who have said "Not guilty" so far are those who say "His movies are so bad that they're good". And if you scroll down, you'll see some past verdicts. Considering those who were voted "Not Guilty" (many Razzie "winners" among them), people must think Perry is really bad!  

It's hard to hate Perry's dramas because they are well-intended. He could've been forgiven after the first 2 or 3 he made. But by this point, if he hasn't learn how to make a good drama, then it is accurate to say that he has no talent (as the people voting in the poll did).  

Also, how did Kim Kardashian have the time to film this movie? Her reality show has like 5 spin-offs, and she "stars" in like 3 of them at once!  

The cast also includes a couple of recognizable names like Vanessa Williams and Brandy Norwood. Maybe they can be in consideration too.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 5:16am
Okay, this movie will have a hard time "topping" the 90% negative reviews already posted at Rotten Tomatoes for THE HOST, but I hope it can do so -- Tyler Perry makes way too many movies (and way too many formulaic and non-entertaining ones) to deserve anyone's respect. 

At some point (and maybe that point is now?) even the audiences who flock to see everything he does will tire of his work, and he'll wind up "demoted" back to cable TV where his career began... 
BlackRose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote BlackRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 5:22am
I used to be among the audiences davecampbell disses above, but even I am tired of Perry seeming to have another new movie every 8 weeks or so. And this film in particular looks predictable and about as un-original as it could be. 

This time, I will wait for it to come out on video (and/or may not bother seeing it all) -- Unless it's listed in several places on my Razzie nominating ballot! 

I enjoy a good movie, but if it's the right one, I LOVE a BAD MOVIE!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 11:12am
Temptation's R.T. Rating is now standing at  0%... HOLY ****! 

EDIT: So the first "positive" review finally come in, but it's "positive" only in the loosest terms, since the critic "praised" it as complete camp...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:54am
Kim Kardashian should be a lock for Worst Supporting Actress.

And her butt cheeks should be nominated for Worst Screen Couple...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:56am
I, too, think Kim Kardashian should be a lock for Worst Supporting Actress (and to be honest, I hope so!), but she'll still have to compete with Lindsay Lohan in both InAPPropriate Comedy and Scary Movie V, in the latter of which LiLo plays..."herself."

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 2:15pm
This film's R.T. numbers have been going up, and now it's at 15%. Most critics have mentioned Kardashian in particular. Unlike her Razzie nominated role in DISASTER MOVIE (where she wasn't really asked to act), this time she had to play an actual character, but apparently her line readings are obvious and her vocal tones monotonous...  

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Vits

This film's R.T. numbers have been going up, and now it's at 15%. Most critics have mentioned Kardashian in particular. Unlike her Razzie nominated role in DISASTER MOVIE (where she wasn't really asked to act), this time she had to play an actual character, but apparently her line readings are obvious and her vocal tones monotonous...  

Maybe she should have snorted her lines... Dead
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 3:07pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 5:43pm
I predict this is gonna stay at 15% on R.T. -- with or  without a consensus. 

Originally posted by Vits

This film's R.T. numbers have been going up, and now it's at 15%.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 11:04am
And Perry's got yet ANOTHER MOVIE coming out on May 10th (LINK) -- So,  what's he going to release in June--a remake of BLACKENSTEIN??????

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 11:10am
The movie linked above was only produced by Perry, and he's not even THE producer, he's just ONE of the producers. I think it's just a marketing ploy. Not to say the movie will be any good (it's so obviously a rip-off of  Meet The Parents, except with black people).  

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2013 at 10:13am
I also posted about this movie in the Mid-Year Forum Poll discussion as well -- now I want to give my thoughts on it in detail... 

This is easily the worst Tyler Perry directed movie I've ever seen. For most of the running time, it was shaping up to be a D+ movie, but then the horribly offensive ending happened. It's so bad that Kim Kardashian isn't even the worst thing about it!!! (She's still incredibly awful though). 

Grade: D-

My Nomination suggestions: 

Worst Picture 
Worst Director 
Worst Supporting Actor: Robbie Jones 
Worst Supporting Actress: Kim Kardashian 
Worst Screenplay 
Worst Screen Couple: Jurnee Smollett-Bell and EITHER Lance Goss OR Robbie Jones 
Worst Screen Ensemble 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2013 at 6:56pm
Might wanna check this out: LINK

Post Reply Post Reply