Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > SCARY MOVIE V
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion: A 5th ONE?? SCARY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion: A 5th ONE?? SCARY!
    Posted: April 09 2013 at 9:04am

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT by the TIME ANY FILM FRANCHISE REACHES ITs FIFTH INSTALLMENT, IT'S ABOUT 95% CERTAIN THAT the MOVIE's BACKERS ARE JUST GOING THRU the MOTIONS in a BLATANT PLOY to GRAB YER BUX. 

AS IF to PROVE THAT "RULE of DUMB," HERE COMES SCARY MOVIE V

WITH a CAST THAT INCLUDES SUCH RIPE POTENTIAL RAZZIE® TARGETS as HEATHER LOCKLEAR, CHRIS ELLIOT, MIKE TYSON, LINDSAY LOHAN, CHARLIE SHEEN (and LOHAN & SHEEN as POTENTIAL WORST SCREEN COMBO NOMINEES) SCARY MOVIE V MAY BE 2013's MOST BLATANT EXAMPLE of EVERYTHING THAT's WRONG with "MODERN HOLLYWOOD" -- NO EFFORT IS EVEN PUT INTO DISGUISING the MOVIE COMPANY's DISRESPECT for THEIR AUDIENCE!  

IF YOU'RE OFFENDED by BEING INSULTED, CONSIDER POSTING BELOW. 

IF YOU'RE NOT OFFENDED...WHY ARE YOU HERE??

TO HELP FUEL YOUR OUTRAGE, HERE's a LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM...

...and to TICKLE YER FUNNY-BONE, HERE's the LINK to SEE the FOTO FUNNY for SCARY MOVIE FIVE.. 

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the You/Tube Trailer LINK Above... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 9:28am
I guess Fast Five is considered the 5%.

Anyways, there are not only a few that have won Razzies (Heather and Lindsay) or were nominated for one (Chris Elliott), but there are also many that have committed crimes in the past. Heather and Lindsay again, along with Charlie Sheen, Mike Tyson, Snoop Dogg, and most recently, Katt Williams. High School Musical actress Ashley Tisdale could also get a possible Worst Actress nomination, but the year could end up pushing her out.

I also want to bring up that Lindsay Lohan has one more movie planning to be released, and it is called The Canyons. No word yet on when it will be released, but it seems like they're shooting for this year. If it does get released and it is very bad, could I ask if she could be bumped up to Worst Actress for all three films? My reasoning behind that is if that happens, then no one else but Kim Kardashian will win Worst Supporting Actress.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 10:09am
A couple of years ago, when this movie was announced, some of you thought I was crazy for saying that I was looking forward to it. That was before I started re-watching the franchise (I saw them all when I was younger). I've yet to see the 4th one. So far, I haven't exactly loved them, but it seemed clear to me that David Zucker was a better director for this material than Keenen Ivory Wayans. This time, he's only writing, like he did in SUPERHERO MOVIE, which is a guilty pleasure of mine.

This time, the director is Malcolm D. Lee. I did like UNDERCOVER BROTHER, but most critics loved it. The difference is that was a real parody. You know, its main target was to make fun of movie genres/clichés, and not just alluding specific movies. As for the cast... Well, It's going to depend on their screentime, really.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT by the TIME a FRANCHISE REACHES ITs FIFTH INSTALLMENT, IT'S ABOUT 95% CERTAIN THAT the FILM's BACKERS ARE JUST GOING THRU the MOTIONS to GRAB YER BUX.
I may be wrong, but I think that applies to 5th installments that continue the main storyline. As most of you know, the SCARY MOVIEs are only connected to one another because of its characters. Even though Charlie Sheen is playing himself when he played a character in the previous 2, and Chris Elliott is playing a 3rd character in this one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 8:43pm
This bears repeating from my post in the main 2013 thread: The people in the audience with whom I saw the Evil Dead remake groaned at the trailer for this!  
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 6:53am
WOW does this look awful -- and the fact that it wasn't even screened for critics here in the U.S. just reinforces the idea that it must rilly SUCK!! 
krisstewart View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisstewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 7:04am
I refuse to see this as I expect it will insult the Twilight movies -- and, as far as I'm concerned, you Razzie nerds have already done more than enuff of that!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 7:34am
I highly doubt it... I think the Twilight-series already kind of feels like old news. I honestly feel that, ten years from now, these movies will be mostly forgotten by the public...  

Originally posted by krisstewart

I refuse to see this as I expect it will insult the Twilight movies --
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 9:49am
The closet thing to insulting Twilight is the fact that they are spoofing Fifty Shades of Grey, which isn't even a movie!... yet.

Dang, already 0%.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 1:53pm
Wow! After between 4 and 7 years in the making, they've finally hit 5 installments of the Scary Movie series! And the trend of odd-numbered installments getting passable reviews and even numbered ones scoring badly (or becoming a finalist for OUR awards) is already broken! Just 1 out of the first 10 Rotten T reviews is positive, and I can't imagine anyone forgiving Charlie Sheen any time soon for his multiple affairs and his insults to Two and a Half Men (when he was among the highest paid TV actors!), or for that matter, Lindsay Lohan for getting arrested for DUI almost every month.

Scary Movie: 10/20 approval rating
Scary Movie 2: 3/20, Bottom 40 Films of 2001, #35 
Scary Movie 3: 7/20
Scary Movie 4: 7/20, Bottom 40 Films of 2006, #25 because of Carmen Electra
Scary Movie 5: 2/20 based on the first 10 reviews. At this rate it's going to be fairly deep on the Bottom 40 Films of 2013.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Jly 25; Ratner's Hercules, Besson's Lucy. Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 1:00am
Just saw this pile of s**t. Here are my recommendations for nominations: 

Worst Picture: This movie doesn't function like an actual movie. It's so overly reliant on references to other movies that it more resembles a ninety-minute episode of a sketch comedy show than a movie. As if that was not bad enough, it is just not funny -- There is no wit to be found. 

Worst Actor: Simon Rex. His portrayal of Dan, Jody's (Ashley Tisdale) husband is never funny. He does not even bother trying to be funny. It is obvious that all he was thinking about during filming was the pay check waiting for him. 

Worst Actress: Ashley Tisdale. Just like Simon Rex she also did not bother trying. Just another pay check collector. 

Worst Supporting Actress: This pathetic excuse of a movie should be a leading contender for this category. That is because there are at least three "actresses" who are worthy of a nomination. 

Lindsay Lohan. Yet another pay check collector. If David Zucker is correct in saying Lohan has talent, she must be doing a brilliant job of hiding it. Her presence was more annoying than funny. 

Erica Ash. Her pedestrian performance is too easy to notice. 

Lidia Porto. Her over-acting as Maria, the housekeeper, was just as annoying as Lindsay Lohan. 

Worst Supporting Actor: 

Charlie Sheen's presence might have been brief but it cannot be ignored. He seemed bored while filming his scene. 

Snoop Dogg seemed equally bored as well. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: My comments so far explain this recommendation. 

Worst Director: Malcolm D. Lee. I could not see anything that would indicate the director was making an effort. All he seemed to do was get the "actors" to appear on front of camera and speak and nothing else. 

Worst Screenplay: Pat Proft and David Zucker. The screenplay has no real humor. Instead it is full of cheap, irritating and unfunny "gags" that only appeals to the worst levels of immaturity. 

Worst Screen Couple: Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen. Their combined "effort" makes them worthy of this dishonor. 

Worst Screen Ensemble: This is the worst screen ensemble since That's My Boy. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 8:41am
Dun-Ida: You seem to be right, because the R.T. rating is now at 5% (Seltzer-Berg level), which makes it the worst reviewed of the franchise. The consensus reads: 

"Juvenile even by SCARY MOVIE standards, this fifth installment offers stale pop culture gags that generate few laughs."  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

I can't imagine anyone forgiving Charlie Sheen any time soon for his multiple affairs and his insults to Two and a Half Men (when he was among the highest paid TV actors!), or for that matter, Lindsay Lohan for getting arrested for DUI almost every month.

They don't want to be forgiven. That's actually why they're in this movie in the first place: They think that being willing to make fun of yourself for doing wrong things is an excuse to keep doing wrong things. It's not. In fact, I'd like to call David Letterman (the birthday boy) and other hosts and tell them to stop inviting Lohan to their talk shows. They're just encouraging her bad behavior by making her think that there's always going to be an open door waiting for her.

By the way, David Zucker said that he finds Lohan to be talented. I'm sure he believes that, because he also complained about her being late and unprofessional, so there would be no point in lying about her talent.

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Vits

By the way, David Zucker said that he finds Lohan to be talented. I'm sure he believes that, because he also complained about her being late and unprofessional, so there would be no point in lying about her talent.

Thinking of Parent Trap way back, she most definitely had a bunch of talent, no doubt about it. Even Freaky Friday and Mean Girls were fun to watch thanks to her.

The original Scary Movie was the very first movie I paid for and left halfway through when me and my buddy couldn't bear the stupidity any longer. It's remained the only movie I have ever left early.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 2:22pm
Do any of you think that the incredibly low reviews (lower than usual) and the not-so-great box office results for this movie have to do with the abscence of Anna Faris?
Originally posted by mbh

The original Scary Movie was the very first movie I paid for and left halfway through when me and my buddy couldn't bear the stupidity any longer. It's remained the only movie I have ever left early.
I'm guessing you didn't even bother to watch the first 3 sequels?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 3:05pm
That's not out of the realm of possibility. I do remember seeing a ton of Youtube comments stating "Where's Cindy and Brenda?" or "I'm not seeing this because Anna and Regina are not in it."

Do any of you think that the incredibly low reviews (lower than usual) and the not-so-great box office results for this movie have to do with the abscence of Anna Faris?

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 9:52pm
I did see the second one -- I remember the girl f**king the ghost, but don't remember it being particularly funny. After that, nope! 

But if this fifth one is on the nominating ballot a Razzie contender, I plan on watching it eventually...

I'm guessing you didn't even bother to watch the first 3 sequels?

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 4:58am
I am seeing a Pattern with the "Scary Movie" Franchise: The first was good for what it was. but the 2nd was outright stupid and gross, while the 3rd was somewhat good. But the 4th was outright Stupid. It felt like the writers of the film were insulting the audience's intelligence. From the clips and trailers I've seen for Scary Movie 5, it looks even worse than the previous installment. 

Anybody with me on a Worst Sequel Razzie nod for this?
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>