Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > LORDS OF SALEM (from Rob Zombie)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion on LORDS OF SALEM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion on LORDS OF SALEM
    Posted: April 13 2013 at 7:51am
WOW! THIS ONE HAS SO MANY RAZZIE® HANDLES IT COULD BE USED as LUGGAGE! 

FIRST OFF, ROB ZOMBIE HAS ALMOST NEVER MADE ANYTHING ORIGINAL, ENGAGING or ACTUALLY SCARY -- and THAT INCLUDES HIS 2007 "RE-IMAGINING" of HALLOWEEN.

THEN THERE's the CAST -- ZOMBIE's WIFE HAS a LEADING ROLE, ALONGSIDE a ROGUES' GALLERY of "ALMOST-WEREs," "COULDA-BEENs" and "ISN'T-THAT-WHOOZIT" TYPES THAT INCLUDES MARIA CONCHITA ALONZO, ANDREW PRINE, JUDY GEESON, MEG FOSTER, PATRICIA QUINN, DEE WALLACE and, the MOST SURPRISING of 'EM ALL ('CAUSE WE USED to THINK HE WAS a CLASS ACT) BRUCE DAVISON

ADD in the FACT THAT THIS WAS FINANCED by a DIRECT-to-DVD VIDEO COMPANY, and YOU HAVE the MAKINGS of a MOVE THAT, by YEAR's END, WILL EITHER BE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN...or FIENDISHLY FLOGGED by OUR VOTING MEMBERS

WHICH DO YOU THINK the VERDICT SHOULD BE??  

POST YER THOUGHTS BELOW.

TO OFFER YOU SOME AMMUNITION for YOUR POST, HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM...

...and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY's FOTO FUNNY for IT...

HAVE FUN!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 8:19am
Are you including Rob Zombie's Devil's Rejects? I ask because I know a TON of people who love that movie. 

Lisa Marie (Tim Burton's first wife who played Vampira in Ed Wood) is also in this. Haven't heard hide nor hair of her since Burton moved on to Helena Bonham Carter. 

Personally, I believe that if Rob Zombie could not even make the ballot as Worst Director for his Halloween remakes, I doubt he (or anyone/anything else in this movie) will make this year's ballot for this. 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 12:33pm
I wasn't expecting you to judge this as eligible for our awards, but even though it was directed by Rob Zombie, the maker of the 33rd Worst Film of 2009, and has Tim Burton-esque make-up, strings (hair), and outfits, it all boils down to its limited release. I don't think its screening at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2012 is going to give it enough exposure to make the finals for the Worst of 2013 RAZZIES. oiram is right; if Rob Zombie didn't get past the recommendations phase for Halloween II [remake], then Lords of Salem doesn't stand half a chance. I predict that this will be forgotten by January 2014.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 4:57pm
What's this? A forum that was never suggested by any member? For a movie that I'm pretty sure no member ever mentioned? It's cool. I mean, OBLIVION is getting good reviews.

The title sounds kinda silly. And those that are supposed to be witches look more like... well, zombies.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

the MOST SURPRISING of 'EM ALL ('CAUSE WE USED to THINK HE WAS a CLASS ACT) BRUCE DAVISON.

Really? You know, he's been in SyFy and Asylum movies -- More than once! 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 4:45pm
R.T. (45%): "It has lots of atmospheric portent, but it's unfortunately short on scares."

Kenjifujima View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenjifujima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 6:25pm
Hate to say it, but this looks like something I wouldn't even bother seeing as a Razzie member -- Just utterly forgettable. 

davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 6:28pm
In terms of this film's potential "quality," I think the most significant fact mentioned by HeadRazz in his post atop this page is that it was financed by a direct-to-video company. Finally, Rob Zombie's career is about to go in the toilet -- where I've always thought it belonged. 

jamechris02 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jamechris02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 6:31pm
This particular discussion strikes me as being some kind of "place holder," vamping until the new Michael Bay movie comes out next week -- That has the potential (like almost everything Bay has made) to REALLY suck!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 6:36pm
Wow! Nice to see the 3 of you are all back!

Originally posted by Kenjifujima

this looks like something I wouldn't even bother seeing as a Razzie member

There's no such thing, my friend! Wink  

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 9:45pm
I think the RT approval rating is a bit high. I was expecting it to be under 40%.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 2:14pm
This review of the movie includes a Q&A with Rob Zombie:

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 5:11am
This just in, Rob Zombie is no longer making films. Hooray for us, I say.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 6:35am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just as the rest of the world cheered -- and most of us mourned -- when Madonna announced a few years ago that she was "giving up on her lifelong dream" of being a movie star, we should not be too quick to yell "Hooray" if Rob Zombie actually is retiring from the directing. Though many another equally un-gifted hack stands ready to step into his clown-sized shoes, the end of any career rich in RAZZIE® fodder should be a time of sorrow for us. It means we'll have "discover" new bad movie-makers, instead of enjoying the luxury of knowing that almost anything with so-and-so's name on it is a likely contender... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 6:56am
I pretty much gave up on Rob Zombie after I saw Halloween 2. Though I did sort of like the very first Halloween remake, it could never live up to the original one made in 1978. H2 however, seemed to be very convoluted and stupid. Unnecessary Gore, ridiculous dialogue, sloppy direction and random screaming. Besides those two, I didn't see any of his other work. More gore? no thank you.

Side note here: How did Madonna be in so many films? I've seen her in "Swept Away" and in this other film "A League of their own" (which was an okay film I guess). How was she even cast in films like that? Was she just that powerful back then?
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 12:02pm
Doesn't it become boring after a while if the SAME person/people just kept on winning/getting nominated? Some times, new blood doesn't hurt. 

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 12:11pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Oiram - I thought the extreme sarcasm of my earlier "eulogy to Rob Zombie" was blatantly obvious. Based on your serious-seeming response, it apparently was not... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>