Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GEEK TALK!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GEEK TALK!!!!!
    Posted: April 14 2014 at 2:47pm
I think that Joffrey's death fit him perfectly. Instead of going down in a blaze of glory, he gets poisoned and dies anti-climatically. Also, if the show follows the books, then I know who the poisoner is. I won't reveal it here, but if you want to know now I'll send you a Private Message.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 1:19pm
At the end of the latest episode of GAME OF THRONES, JOFFREY died. I've been debating about how some viewers and critics have crossed the line.

Am I glad JOFFREY died? Of course. He's one of the most evil characters in the history of TV. But a lot of you have been saying that he didn't suffer enough. Enjoying the idea that someone gets what they deserved is normal, but enjoying WATCHING the punishment? That's kind of sadistic, specially when the punishment is a physical torture.

People, why did you want him to get what he deserved? To learn his lesson? After TYRION slapped him, it was clear to me that he was never going to change. So even if he had suffered longer it wouldn't have made a difference. Now, if it had made a difference for you because it makes you feel better to see that kind of thing, you're not that different from RAMSAY SNOW.

Any thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 12:47pm
Garth Ennis is on board with them and it's good to know that Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogan take the source material seriously. However, I'm still a bit peeved that it's on AMC instead of a premium channel.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 6:24am
SchumacherH8ter: Is this good or bad news?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Vits

Are you #TeamSega or #TeamNintendo? Regardless of your answer, will you watch this?
Hmm... this sounds interesting.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2014 at 11:40am
Are you #TeamSega or #TeamNintendo? Regardless of your answer, will you watch this?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 7:13pm
I took a look at Loeb's career. He has produced some good stuff, but his resumé as a writer is much shorter.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 4:34pm
Tim Kring wrote Teen Wolf Too. So yeah he was never a good writer. The few not-awful parts of the first season were because of Bryan Fuller, who bailed after the first season to do Pushing Daisies. However, Kring's not as big a hack as Jeph Loeb. Kring never made anything as bad as this.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 4:12pm
Hang on. You're free to express your opinion, but you can't say what others were thinking. The 1st season was well-received by critics and audiences alike, and it's not like anyone predicted the show would suck.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

They just regurgitated what fans wanted to see over and over. It's important to listen to the fans, but you can't just rely on them exclusively for what to do.
Actually, the writers did what they thought was what the fans wanted. The whole season built up to all the characters getting together, and they did in the finale. So everyone assumed they would become a team of super-heroes. But the writers thought the fans were so invested in the characters that they would prefer to see their individual stories. That actually makes sense from a narrative point of view. Getting all of them together once a season makes it more special. But there just weren't many interesting things happening in between.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Throw in awful actors (Ali Larter, Milo Ventimiglia, etc.) and hack extraordinaire Jeph Loeb and you've got the worst show of the century so far.
I agree that the acting wasn't the best (with a few exceptions like Masi Oka).

Because of the failure of TOUCH, some are saying that Tim Kring (the creator of both shows) was never a good writer. I read somewhere that he copied storylines from some comic books.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 2:27pm
The first season of Heroes sucked. Fans like to pretend that it was good, but just because it sucked less than the other seasons doesn't make it good.

The reason why I think that it's the worst is because it's a perfect example of how not to do a show. They just regurgitated what fans wanted to see over and over. It's important to listen to the fans, but you can't just rely on them exclusively for what to do. That's what Glee did and look at that.* Throw in awful actors (Ali Larter, Milo Ventimiglia, etc.) and hack extraordinaire Jeph Loeb and you've got the worst show of the century so far.

*Glee is my pick for second worst show of the 21st-century.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 11:02am
You mean all 4 seasons? Why?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 10:38am
As someone who thinks that Heroes is the single worst TV show of the 21st-century, I think this mini-series will be a disaster.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 10:30am
HEROES will get a final season. At first I thought it was good news. But the problem is that NBC greenlit it without a planned storyline. They don't even if the original cast members will do it (there's rumours of a whole new cast, with the original cast doing just cameos). Come on! The reason why fans have been asking for it is so that the storylines can be wrapped up! It's not like people want to see more of the show. Not with how the show decreased its quality season by season.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 1:06pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 1:14pm
THE WALKING DEAD's 4th season will premiere this Sunday on the U.S. and next Tuesday in Latin America. But you have to watch this first:

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 2:21pm
Woo! I get to play the Battlefield 4 Beta in less than 11 hours!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>