Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GROWN UPS, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of GROWN-UPS #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of GROWN-UPS #2
    Posted: July 06 2013 at 7:59am

IT STARS
CURRENT RAZZIE
® CHAMP/CHUMP ADAM SANDLER...

...and IT's a SEQUEL to a PREVIOUS RAZZIE® NOMINEE

NEED WE SAY MORE?? 

BTW: HERE's the LINK for OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM...

...and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR "FOTO FUNNY" on IT...  

SINCE MANY of YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR to GO AFTER THIS ONE...WHAT'RE YA WAITIN' FOR?

HAVE at IT! 

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the YouTube/Trailer LINK Above... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 8:05am
Just like the with the first film, Grown Ups 2 doesn't really look like a movie. It looks like one of Adam Sandler's home movies where he does nothing but horse around with his buffoon friends. Also, by looking at the trailer Taylor "can I get a woof woof!"Lautner looks likely to be a repeat offender/contender for "Worst Supporting Actor."  

I only have one question... what are Salma Hayek and Chris Rock Doing in this Movie??  

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 8:31am
Maybe Sandler is holding Hayek and Rock's children hostage in a vault somewhere, and that's why they're in the film? I was originally going to say they did it just for the money, but there are limits to what one will do for a paycheck... 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 8:36am
Did you see how many cameos there were in "Jack & Jill"? Seems like almost anybody's dignity can be bought!  

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 9:19am
There is a difference between all those cameos in Jack And Jill and Hayek and Rock being in this. Most of those cameos where 10 seconds long, and took no effort. Hayek and Rock are main characters in this, which means they'll be seen a lot throughout the movie. To agree to appear in this kind of film for more than a minute suggests either blackmail, immense money problems (which I'm pretty sure that neither of them have), or suicidal self-loathing.

As an aside, there's a very good chance that this will top my Worst Of 2013 list. The only competition is The Starving Games -- and I'm not 100% certain that's going to be released in 2013. 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 11:05am
Sandler & Rock have been friends since they were on S.N.L. together, and Hayek also appeared in HERE COMES THE BOOM with Kevin James. Maybe they have the same sense of humor?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 5:32pm
Well I guess I can't really blame Salma Hayek, she has been in other terrible movies too. Does anybody remember Wild Wild West?
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 5:40pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: WILD WILD WEST not only "won" multiple Awards at our Turn-of-the-Century Dis-Honors (including Worst Picture of the Year) but Hayek herself was nominated for her performance(s) in both WEST and DOGMA. Among her competitors for Worst Supporting Actress was WILD WILD co-star Kevin Kline (in drag, sporting grain bag falsies). 

Here's the LINK to see the Complete List of Nominees and "Winners" for that year's ceremonies...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2013 at 6:09pm
I remember Wild Wild West came out when I was 5 years old. I'd never seen it until later on in life. However I did see the trailer at age 5, and openly said to my dad: "This movie looks stupid!" 
Guess I was right, huh?   
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2013 at 5:12am
I am not surprised this is up here so early, and I really think it is deserved at this point. Honestly, even taking out the fact that the first Grown Ups was very bad to begin with, sequels to comedies are rarely good. It is even rarer for them to be better than the first. 

Then there is the cast. Of course, most of whom returned*, with Nick Swardson and Taylor Lautner thrown in the mix. But we also have Shaquille O'Neal as a cop (The guy also had a cameo in Jack & Jill. If he becomes a regular in Sandler movies, well, who would be surprised?), The Lonely Island guys as "gay car washers," and then we have Arnold's son, Patrick Schwarzenegger, in here as well, making his movie debut. If Worst New Star came back, I think Patrick may be a STRONG contender. 

I do have two questions for HeadRAZZ, though:

1: Considering that this seems to have nearly the same plot as the first one (basically meaning no plot at all), couldn't we have this be up for Worst Remake and/or Rip-off, like we did with Hangover Part III?

2: What is the likely-hood of Adam Sandler "winning" Worst Actor again this year? I personally am not entirely sure it will happen, for as bad as Grown Ups 2 looks to be, it looks very bad in a boring "I just don't care" sort of way -- not insanely stupid/bad like Jack & Jill, or vulgarly offensive/bad like That's My Boy. However, those movies got Sandler a lot of bad press and put him under a lot of bad pressure, since they both bombed at the box-office, which may make Sandler's movies seem even worse than they are. I will say that if Adam Sandler does win Worst Actor for a third-time in a row, that would be a first for ANY award show, because I don't think anybody ever won the same award three consecutive years.

*Except for Rob Schneider (and Joyce Van Pattern by proxy). Why would Sandler not have one of his most frequent collaborators return to this? I wonder if they got in a fight, and that is why Schneider's only "big" movie this year is InAPPropriate Comedy, since Sandler was the only other person helping Schneider have a "career."

I have to also admit (though I have admitted it before, if you look back far enough) that one of my cousins filmed a small scene in this movie... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2013 at 6:46am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: This film is, along with LONE RANGER, the year's likeliest candidate as Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel, so that point is already taken. 

As for Sandler's chances of pulling off a "three-peat" in Worst Actor, while it would be a first for our Awards, it would not be unprecedented in showbiz awards history. Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker in ALL IN THE FAMILY won 3 consecutive Emmy Awards as Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series in  the late 1970's (IMDb LINK). 

At this point, I'd say Sandler is a shoo-in for a nomination, but a 3rd consecutive Dis-Honor is not as likely... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2013 at 2:16pm
Most sequels follow the same format than the original. THE HANGOVER PART II was a special case because of how it followed the plot step by step. We'll have to see if this one does that too, but I doubt it. 

Originally posted by oiram

Considering that this seems to have nearly the same plot as the first one (basically meaning no plot at all), couldn't we have this be up for Worst Remake and/or Rip-off, like we did with Hangover Part III?

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2013 at 7:19am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: "Industry analysts" at the trade paper Hollywood Reporter have come up with some fascinating info on GROWN UPS 2, and what it means for Adam Sandler's faltering career. It includes startling info on Sandler's deal for the "original" GROWN UPS movie, and how his compensation for this sequel was diminished, based on his recent poor B.O. record. 

Here's the LINK to read the entire article for yourself... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 10:11am
Guess what, starting at 0%.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 12:46pm
And it looks like it'll stay at 0%: "While the film is almost certainly the movie event of the year for filmgoers passionate about deer urine humor, it's certain to bore, annoy, and disgust audiences of nearly every other persuasion."
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 1:05pm
...Unless Armond White comes back. This would actually be shocking, though, because I could not imagine Grown Ups 2 being Sandler's "worst" movie. I cannot imagine it being good either, but worse than the last two movies he made? I'm still iffy, guess I'll... have to see for myself.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>