Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GROWN UPS, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of GROWN-UPS #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of GROWN-UPS #2
    Posted: July 11 2013 at 1:35pm
Well, these guys claim that it's better than Sandler's last 3 movies. I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. Those were all offensive and annoying movies, while the first GROWN UPS was mostly boring and plotless, so is this one similar??  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 1:49pm
It's now at 4% at the Tomatometer. On a brighter note some people are predicting that Pacific Rim is going to do better than this.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 2:00pm
That one positive review did not look so positive, however.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

It's now at 4% at the Tomatometer.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 2:09pm
SchumacherH8ter: No S**t Pacific Rim was always going to do better than this. Same thing with Despicable Me 2 last week, that was always going to do better than The Lone Ranger.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 2:26pm
A few weeks ago it was revealed that Grown Ups 2 was tracking better than Pacific Rim, which made people think that it was going to outgross it. I posted those two links because: 

A.) It goes against the tracking data and... 

B.) I really, really, REALLY want Pacific Rim to out-gross Grown Ups 2!! 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 8:17pm
1980s party? Who wants to bet Patrick Schwarzenegger dresses up as The Terminator?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2013 at 9:45pm
I don't know Oiram, that seems too clever for Sandler.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 11:40am
In news that will shock nobody, Armond White gave this a rave. Also, he got Stone Cold Steve Austin's name wrong.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 1:38pm
Worst Actor right now looks to me like it's going to come down to a choice between Jaden Smith and Johnny Depp. But I agree Sandler is a shoo in for another nomination! 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As for Sandler's chances of pulling off a "three-peat" in Worst Actor, while it would be a first for our Awards, it would not be unprecedented in showbiz awards history. Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker in ALL IN THE FAMILY won 3 consecutive Emmy Awards as Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series in  the late 1970's (IMDb LINK). 

At this point, I'd say Sandler is a shoo-in for a nomination, but a 3rd consecutive Dis-Honor is not as likely...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 1:50pm
Because of White's review, the R.T. rating for this will stay around 5-10%.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

In news that will shock nobody, Armond White gave this a rave. Also, he got Stone Cold Steve Austin's name wrong.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 4:14pm
Actually, they don't let Armond post reviews to Rotten Tomatoes anymore. The most recent reviews on his page are from 2011.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 6:03pm
I can't believe nobody has made this joke yet. I'll do it. A few days ago, Sandler got attacked by a cheetah. I'm guessing that animal had just seen GROWN-UPS PART 2.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 6:33pm
I heard about it, but decided not to mention it.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 7:14pm
Why not? He didn't die or anything. In fact, I think he was barely harmed at all.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 7:27pm
I just thought it was "meh." He was kinda safe because a trainer was with him.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2013 at 8:03am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: The L.A. Times, seeming to think its part of their "job" as "Hollywood's Home Town Paper," has been repeatedly going out of its way to cheer up Adam Sandler about his waning film career. The latest example is an extensive article "dissecting" how Sandler has reversed the recent downward trend of his films' grosses with his current "hit" GROAN UPS, TOO. Though we think it may be a tad early to be talking about either his career turnaround or the supposed "hit" status of this latest film, we think the article makes for interesting (and amusing) reading. 

Here's the LINK to check it out...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>