Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GROWN UPS, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of GROWN-UPS #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of GROWN-UPS #2
    Posted: July 17 2013 at 6:30am
I just got to thinking... I don't think we should list this as a contender for Worst Screenplay, because that would be giving them too much credit, suggesting they actually wrote something (instead of filming things on the fly, like we all know they actually did). 
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 7:52am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Oiram's "joke" (see posting above) is a tad too "sophisticated" (read complicated) to be made clear to the general public. While it may be funny to argue that something as lame as GROAN UPS #2 did not actually have a script, the WGA did grant a "written by" credit to Sandler and 2 co-conspirators, and their credit appears in print materials for the film (LINK). 

If others wish to join Oiram in not voting for this film in the Worst Screenplay category, that is their prerogative, but I do not intend to exclude it from that category on this year's Nominating Ballot... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 8:05am
Grown Ups 2 might just be a really long home video of Adam Sandler acting like an idiot with his SNL cronies. However, it does still qualify as a film with a screenplay. It's barely a screenplay, but still holds up to the basic definition.  

Here are some of my predictions of Razzie Nominations for Grown Ups 2: 

Worst Screen Ensemble 
Worst Supporting Actor (Taylor Lautner) 
Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel 
Worst Actor (Adam Sandler, OF COURSE!) 
Worst Director (Dennis Dugan) 
Worst Picture 

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 10:35am
Oiram: Do you know why the director, producer and script writer are considered the most important people in the making of a movie? Because there can't be a movie without them. Even documentaries technically have "scripts".  

If you decide to hold a camera up and record a few seconds of your room from any angle, you're producing (creating the film), writing (deciding what to film) and directing (deciding how to film).

And that's my argument for why GROWN-UPS 2 should be listed for Worst Screenplay... 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2013 at 8:58pm
So, guess what guys?

In this movie, Taylor Lautner's penis gets eaten by a stag.

Also, Nick Swardson dresses as Boy George and French kisses a dog.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 7:17am
Here is a LINK to an interview with Sandler, James, Spade, and Hayek where the Rotten Tomato scores of their previous movies were brought up... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 1:06pm
So you've seen it, Oiram? If so, what grade would you give it? And for what Razzies do you think it should it be nominated?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 2:18pm
I'll just say if not for Movie 43 and InAPPropriatae Comedy, this would be my pick for Worst Picture.

Worst Picture
Worst Director
Worst Screenplay
Worst Actor Sandler
Worst Supporting Actor Lautner and Swardson
Worst Screen Ensemble
Worst Sequel.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2013 at 4:35pm
I just saw it. It currently ranks #74/74 in my All-Time Worst list. For your consideration:
-Worst Supp. Actor for both Nick Swardson (also for A HAUNTED HOUSE) and Kamil McFadden.
-Worst Ensemble.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie.
-Worst Screenplay Grossing Over $100 Million.
-Worst Picture.

Oh, and maybe :
-Worst Supp. Actor for Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Meadows, Peter Dante, Milo Ventimiglia and Jonathan Loughran.
-Worst Supp. Actress for Cheri Oteri.
-Worst Director.
Originally posted by oiram

this seems to have nearly the same plot as the first one

Turns out that it doesn't.

Why would Sandler not have one of his most frequent collaborators return to this? I wonder if they got in a fight, and that is why Schneider's only "big" movie this year is InAPPropriate Comedy, since Sandler was the only other person helping Schneider have a "career."

According to IMDB, he didn't appear because of scheduling conflicts. Same with Oliver Cooper.

So, guess what guys?

Is it wrong that I didn't find them to be the worst moments of the movie?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2013 at 4:45pm
Why no Taylor Lautner nomination?

Originally posted by Vits

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I just saw it. It currently ranks #74/74 in my All-Time Worst list. For your consideration:
-Worst Supp. Actor for Nick Swardson (also for A HAUNTED HOUSE).
-Worst Ensemble.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie.
-Worst Screenplay Grossing Over $100 Million.
-Worst Picture.

Oh, and maybe :
-Worst Supp. Actor for Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Meadows, Peter Dante, Milo Ventimiglia and Jonathan Loughran.
-Worst Supp. Actress for Cheri Oteri.
-Worst Director.

Oh, I'm not too surprised. There are so many unfunny and horrible moments that anyone can make their own different top five list.

What were the worst moments for you, by the way?

So, guess what guys?

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Is it wrong that I didn't find them to be the worst moments of the movie?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2013 at 5:35pm
He was the best least bad part of the movie. I'm not saying "I think that...", because some critics (including the ones from WHAT THE FLICK) agree with me.

Why no Taylor Lautner nomination?

I didn't really mind the "burp-sneeze-fart" combination, whatever its name is, but I did mind it when LENNY did during foreplay with his wife at the end. Also, the bus driver kissing the dog wasn't too bad, but when the trainer throws up? And don't get me started on all the things that could easily be seen as being a terrible parent.

By the way, what I consider to be one of the worst movie moments of all times does involve a deer. Or I think it was a moose. Anyway, it raped a guy in AMERICAN PIE PART 7.

What were the worst moments for you, by the way?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2013 at 5:48pm
Oh, that's the name of the kid who was ripping off Steve Urkel in the movie.

-Worst Supp. Actor for Kamil McFadden.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2013 at 1:57pm
That's right. Even I noticed that, and I never saw FAMILY MATTERS!
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2013 at 3:42pm
Just saw this -- it is terrible. The "gags" are either disgusting, stupid (or a combination of both) while still being totally unfunny. 

Here my suggested Razzie nominations: 

Worst Picture. This is a no-brainer (pun intended).  

Worst Actor: Adam Sandler just keeps doing his worst, as usual. 

Worst Supporting Actress:  

Cheri Oteri: She portrays Penny, a former schoolmate of Lenny (Adam Sandler) who is still attracted to him. Her performance is more creepy than funny. 

Salma Hayek: As usual Salma Hayek just relies on her body to make an impression. 

Worst Supporting Actor: At least three "actors" should be considered. 

Nick Swardson has done another annoyingly unfunny performance (as usual). 

Jon Lovitz does his usual fat, stupid dweeb character. His appearance is almost as unfunny as Swardson. 

Taylor Lautner is his usual self. Giving yet another wooden dose of "acting". 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: After what I have said so far it is no surprise I am recommending this nomination. 

Worst Director: It is obvious Denis Dugan is not even trying to direct. The movie looks like a bunch of badly-made, home videos. 

Worst Screenplay: Fred Wolf, Adam Sandler and Tim Herlihy have written a screenplay that is devoid of any funny scenes. 

Worst Screen Couple: Adam Sandler and Salma Hayek are again the cliched, sitcom couple. A cliched fat/nerdy husband who somehow married (without explanation) an incredibly hot wife.  

Worst Screen Ensemble: Anyone who has watched this 'movie' will know why. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 10:49am
Wasn't that the point?
Originally posted by Dun-Ida

Cheri Oteri: She portrays Penny, a former schoolmate of Lenny (Adam Sandler) who is still attracted to him. Her performance is more creepy than funny.
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2013 at 1:48pm
Grown Ups 2 is supposed to be a comedy. Minor characters are supposed to add more humor from their characteristics. Cheri Oteri was supposed to be funny as an 'odd-ball' character but she was not. 

Wasn't that the point?
Originally posted by Dun-Ida

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>