Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS of OUR 2013 RAZZIE® CHOICES > 2013 MID-YEAR WORST PICTURE POLL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 MID-YEAR Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 MID-YEAR Poll
    Posted: July 20 2013 at 6:13am
The list of my suggestions for Razzie nominations on the previous page included Halle Berry as "Worst Actress" for Movie 43 because she also starred in The Call this year.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2013 at 6:22am
I believe not many people will remember THE CALL, based on the fact that it is a very forgettable film in general, which few people will even remember by December. 
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2013 at 7:48am
No Razzie ballot is complete without the inclusion of: 

Worst Supporting Actor- RZA/G.I. Joe: Retaliation; 

...also, R.I.P.D! #worstpicturecontender! 

FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2013 BY FAR- RZA in GI Joe 2 & Jackie Weaver in Parkland (tie)!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2013 at 8:40am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As the page featuring the poll itself states (LINK) only titles in release by July 12 were included, so R.I.P.D. got off on a technicality. Come year's end, if there's enough interest in it as a contender, it may be included on our actual Nominating Ballot... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2013 at 10:40pm
I had to cast my ballot for AFTER EARTH, but LONE RANGER came in an awfully close second! 

2013's WORST PIC-After Earth ACTOR-Jaden Smith & Johnny Depp ACTRESS-Lindsay Lohan! SUP ACTRESS--Kim Kardashian! SUP ACTOR-Chris Brown DIRECTOR--Good "Night"! SCREAMPLAY--The Lone Ranger.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 8:20am

I'm just going to post the up-dated list of my own choices as 2013 Razzie contenders now, to get it out of the way... 

Worst Picture 
After Earth  
The Big Wedding   
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A Good Day to Die Hard
Grown Ups 2   
The Hangover Part III
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
A Haunted House
The Host
InAPPropriate Comedy
The Lone Ranger
Movie 43
Scary Movie 5
The Smurfs 2

Worst Actor
Adrien Brody/InAPPropriate Comedy
Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifiankis, and Ed Helms/The Hangover Part III
Robert De Niro/The Big Wedding and Killing Season
Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer/The Lone Ranger
Josh Duhamel/Movie 43 and Safe Haven
Colin Farrell/Dead Man Down
Jeremy Renner/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Ryan Reynolds/R.I.P.D.
Adam Sandler/Grown Ups 2
Will Smith and Jaden Smith/After Earth
Channing Tatum/G.I. Joe: Retaliation and White House Down
Vince Vaughn/The Internship
Mark Wahlberg/Broken City and Pain & Gain
Marlon Wayans/A Haunted House
Bruce Willis/G.I. Joe: Retaliation, A Good Day to Die Hard, and RED 2

Worst Actress
Gemma Arterton/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Essence Atkins/A Haunted House
Ashley Bell/The Last Exorcism Part II
Halle Berry/The Call and Movie 43
Rose Byrne/The Internship
Katherine Heigl/The Big Wedding
Julianne Hough/Safe Haven
Diane Keaton/The Big Wedding
Jennifer Lopez/Parker
Melissa McCarthy/Identity Thief
Katy Perry/The Smurfs 2
Noomi Rapace/Dead Man Down
Saoirse Ronan (as Melanie Stryder) and Saoirse Ronan (as Wanderer)/The Host
Keri Russell/Dark Skies
Ashley Tisdale/Scary Movie 5

Worst Supporting Actor
"The Amazing Racist" Ari Shaffir/InAPPropriate Comedy
Hank Azaria/The Smurfs 2
Kevin Bacon/R.I.P.D.
William Fichtner/The Lone Ranger and Phantom
Brendan Gleeson/The Smurfs 2
John Goodman/The Hangover Part III and The Internship
Terrence Howard/Dead Man Down and Movie 43
Kevin James/Grown Ups 2
Ken Jeong/The Hangover Part III, Pain & Gain, and Rapture-Palooza
Taylor Lautner/Grown Ups 2
Seth MacFarlane/Movie 43
Shaquille O'Neal/Grown Ups 2
RZA/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Rob Schneider (as J.D.) and Rob Schneider (as Psychologist)/InAPPropriate Comedy
Charlie Sheen/Scary Movie 5
David Spade/Grown Ups 2
Ray Stevenson/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Nick Swardson/Grown Ups 2 and A Haunted House
Tom Wilkinson/The Lone Ranger
Robin Williams/The Big Wedding

Worst Supporting Actress
Elizabeth Banks/Movie 43
Helena Bonham Carter/The Lone Ranger
Salma Hayek/Grown Ups 2
Famke Janssen/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Kim Kardashian/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
Diane Kruger/The Host
Lindsay Lohan/InAPPropriate Comedy and Scary Movie 5
Carey Mulligan/The Great Gatsby
Adrianne Palicki/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Mary-Louise Parker/R.I.P.D. and RED 2
Michelle Rodriguez/Fast & Furious 6 and InAPPropriate Comedy
Katee Sackhoff/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Jackie Sandler, Sadie Sandler, and Sunny Sandler/Grown Ups 2
Susan Sarandon/The Big Wedding and Snitch
Kate Winslet/Movie 43
Catherine Zeta-Jones/Broken City and RED 2

Worst Screen Couple
Any combination of any two cast members utterly embarrassing themselves by making vulgar, crude, and/or offensive "jokes"/Movie 43
Any combination of any two supposed "friends"/Grown Ups 2
Ashley Bell and the demon possessing her/The Last Exorcism Part II
Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds/R.I.P.D.
Robert De Niro and either Katherine Heigl, Diane Keaton, or Susan Sarandon/The Big Wedding
Johnny Depp and either Helena Bonham Carter, Armie Hammer, or the crow headpiece/The Lone Ranger
Colin Farrell and Noomi Rapace/Dead Man Down
Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel/Safe Haven
Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen/Scary Movie 5
Jennifer Lopez and Jason Statham/Parker
Jeremy Renner and either Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen, or Pihla Viitala/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Saoirse Ronan and either Jake Abel, Max Irons, or Saoirse Ronan/The Host
Will Smith and Jaden Smith/After Earth
Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson/The Internship
Mark Wahlberg and either Russell Crowe/Broken City or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson/Pain & Gain
Marlon Wayans and either Essence Atkins, Nick Swardson, or the “Paranormal Activity”/A Haunted House
Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney/A Good Day to Die Hard

Worst Screen Ensemble
Entire cast of After Earth
Entire cast of The Big Wedding
Entire cast of G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Entire cast of A Good Day to Die Hard
Entire cast of Grown Ups 2
Entire cast of The Hangover Part III
Entire cast of Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Entire cast of A Haunted House
Entire cast of The Host
Entire cast of InAPPropriate Comedy
Entire cast of The Lone Ranger
Entire cast of Movie 43
Entire cast of Scary Movie 5

Worst Sequel or Prequel
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A Good Day to Die Hard
Grown Ups 2
The Hangover Part III
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
The Last Exorcism Part II
RED 2
Scary Movie 5
The Smurfs 2
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Remake or Rip-off
The Big Wedding (Remake of Mon frère se marie)
The Great Gatsby
The Hangover Part III
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
A Haunted House
The Lone Ranger
Tyler Perry Presents Peeples (Rip-off of Meet the Parents)
R.I.P.D. (Rip-off of Jonah Hex and Men in Black)
Scary Movie 5
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Director
Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, Peter Farrelly, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Bob Odenkirk, Brett Ratner, and Jonathan van Tulleken/Movie 43
Jon M. Chu/G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Dennis Dugan/Grown Ups 2
Roland Emmerich/White House Down
Raja Gosnell/The Smurfs 2
Taylor Hackford/Parker
Malcolm D. Lee (With some “help” from David Zucker)/Scary Movie 5
John Moore/A Good Day to Die Hard
Andrew Niccol/The Host
Tyler Perry/Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
“The ShamWow! Guy” Vince Offer/InAPPropriate Comedy
M. Night Shyamalan (With some “help” from Will Smith)/After Earth
Gore Verbinski/The Lone Ranger
Tommy Wirkola/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Worst Screenplay
After Earth (Screenplay by M. Night Shyamalan and Gary Whitta; Rewrites by Mark Boal and Stephen Gaghan; Story by Will Smith)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick; Based on the toyline and cartoon by Hasbro)
A Good Day to Die Hard (Screenplay by Skip Woods; Based on the characters created by Roderick Thorp)
Grown Ups 2 (Written by Adam Sandler, and Tim Herlihy, and Fred Wolf; Based on the characters created by Adam Sandler and Fred Wolf)
The Hangover Part III (Screenplay by Todd Phillips and Craig Mazin; Based on the characters created by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore)
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Written by Dante Harper and Tommy Wirkola; Based on the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm)
A Haunted House (Written by Rick Alvarez and Marlon Wayans)
The Host (Screenplay by Andrew Niccol; Based on the novel by Stephanie Meyer)
InAPPropriate Comedy (Written by “The ShamWow! Guy” Vince Offer, Ken Pringle, and "The Amazing Racist" Ari Shaffir; Additional dialogue by Adrien Brody, Dante, Christina Pazsitzky, and John Ryan Jr.)
The Internship (Screenplay by Vince Vaughn and Jared Stern; Story by Vince Vaughn)
The Lone Ranger (Screenplay by Justin Haythe, Ted Elliott, and Terry Rossio; Story by Justin Haythe, Ted Elliott, and Terry Rossio; Based on Lone Ranger by Fran Striker and George W. Trendle)
Movie 43 (Written by Steve Baker, Ricky Blitt, Will Carlough, Tobias Carlson, Jacob Fleisher, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Clas Kjellstrom, Jack Kukoda, Bob Odenkirk, Bill O'Malley, Matthew Alec Portenoy, Greg Pritikin, Rocky Russo, Olle Sarri, Elizabeth Wright Shapiro, Jeremy Sosenko, Jonathan van Tulleken, and Jonas Wittenmark)
R.I.P.D. (Screenplay by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi; Story by David Dobkin, Phil Hay, and Matt Manfredi; Based on Rest in Peace Department by Peter M. Lenkov)
Scary Movie 5 (Written by Pat Proft and David Zucker)
The Smurfs 2 (Screenplay by J. David Stem, David N. Weiss, Jay Scherick, David Ronn, and Karey Kirkpatrick; Story by J. David Stem, David N. Weiss, Jay Scherick, and David Ronn; Based on the characters created by Peyo)

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 10:40am
Wow! A lot of Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel contenders. Maybe this should be a year when we separate them into 2 categories again?  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 1:10pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Keep in mind that the list of possible contenders above expresses the opinion of Oiram only, and not that of anyone officially authorized to speak for our Foundation. I would also like to point out that, in order to consider having 2 viable and separate categories (Worst Prequel/Sequel and Worst Remake/Rip-Off individually) it would be necessary for each of those categories to have a minimum of more than 10 potential contenders (from which 5 eventual nominees would be culled for each category). Oiram lists only 10 titles in each, with 2 titles inexplicably included in both lists (SCARY MOVIE 5 and TEXAS CHAINSAW 3-D) and at least one title listed as a Remake/Rip-Off contender that Oiram himself has argued elsewhere on this Forum against nominating (GREAT GATSBY). While I appreciate Vits' enthusiasm for having extra categories to vote on, at this time, even if I entirely agreed with Oiram's list, I am not prepared to endorse the notion of separating Worst Prequel/Remake-Rip-Off/Sequel into two distinct categories for 2013... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 1:57pm
I think Oiram included SCARY MOVIE PART 5 and TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D in Worst Remake or Rip-Off because the former is a parody of a bunch of movies (the Seltzerberg movies have been nominated in that category) and the latter is a sequel to a sequel to a remake.

Either way, I'm sure we have more contenders coming this year.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2013 at 2:46pm
I only have Great Gatsby up there as a place holder, Headrazz. It will be gone as more choices come out.

Also, you have The Hangover Part III on your eligibility list as a Sequel and Remake, so why can't I do so with other films?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I mentioned in my "Official Take" on HANGOVER II (LINK) -- That's #2, NOT #3 -- that it qualified as both Worst Sequel and Worst Remake -- But as of when I wrote that, Worst Prequel/Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel were all conjoined as a single category, so I wasn't suggesting listing it for each of those separately... 

travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2013 at 5:00pm
Oriam -- How about Owen Wilson, Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson for Worst Actor and Michael Bay as Worst Director? 

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 5:47am
FUN UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Our pals over at Rotten Tomatoes have been compiling a list of this summer's movies, and have now ranked more than 30 of 'em from worst reviewed to best. 

Here's the LINK for their list-- We can't resist noting that almost every title on the "low end" currently has a RAZZIE® Forum discussion...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 12:24pm
Sometimes there are too many to mention, and I haven't seen any on the list that have Forum links.

But I would say Olympus Has Fallen is the worst movie I have seen so far this year.
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 9:54pm
other picks in my opinion
bar paly worst supporting actress (the latest graduate in the michael bay school for good looking women who cant act)
kick ass 2 worst remake or ripoff (rip-off of every superhero movie as well as bridesmaids and mean girls)
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2013 at 12:35am
I agree with that. I've read enough of "the Razzie guys just love to hate on Sandler" last year.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

...however, despite Grown-Ups 2 getting worse reviews than The Lone Ranger 2013 or The Hangover Part III, I'm a bit apprehensive about giving Adam Sandler Worst Picture again, because if we give the same actor or director our top dishonor twice, then where will it end? What's to stop us from giving 5 films associated with one person Worst Picture within a decade? It would turn into a cliché, and might even wear out the top category's impact.

My inner child is laughing his head off at the thought of giving Sandler a third Razzie in a row. I'm not discrediting your reasons for why you'd choose it, and I'm the first one to accept the results even if I don't agree with them. Yet I feel there should be more to it than voting only because it's the lowest rated on RT and/or more people saw it. I was very happy with Airbender winning, but thinking of Jonah Hex, it got away scott free, and I'm still mourning.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

The job of the Razzies is simple, to pick out the Worst of the Worst. We let our voters decide what was truly horrible. I picked Grown Ups 2 because it's one of the lowest rated on Rotten Tomatoes (besides Movie 43 and The Host). Let's face it, though: A lot more people will remember how bad Grown Ups 2 was because a lot more people saw that film than saw Movie 43. If Adam Sandler manages to take home a lot of Dis Honors, then so be it. But the Razzies will never lose "impact" -- as long as we are honest and open about our choices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12