Members' Discussion of HOMEFRONT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of HOMEFRONT
    Posted: November 27 2013 at 3:59pm
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Just for giggles, here's the "Red Band Trailer" for HOMEFRONT, featuring about 4 dozen F Bombs, lotsa violence, way too many explosions...and berry little story. Kinda like the movie itself!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 2:28pm

To Vits: I wouldn't count in Black Nativity yet because right now it's 4 for 7 (A C+), and Oldboy [remake] still hasn't been pre-screened for critics. Give it another day or so until we decide this.

To all else: So the pattern that Homefront has gotten in its first 7 reviews were 2 Rotten, then 1 Fresh, then 1 Rotten, then 1 Fresh, then 2 Rotten. Basically, it's 2 for 7, or 29%. That's a solid D. I'm predicting, based on the first 3 reviews on Metacritic being below 40%, that this'll stay in the D range (20-39%) in the review scores.

If we must, bundle this with Parker because that shares Jason Statham with this, but I can only really see this warranting 2, maybe 3 nominations, for our awards. But not 4. More importantly, please do NOT bundle this with Hummingbird/Redemption, which got a middling C!
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 6:47am
It's started off at 40%. There's still time to make another forum, right? Because this week, there's also OLDBOY (a remake?! of an Asian movie?!) and BLACK NATIVITY (I don't know if it counts as a Tyler Perry rip-off (because of the all-black cast), but it could earn Forest Whitaker a Razzie a day before he wins an Oscar for THE BUTLER).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2013 at 11:01am
He was also in a movie called Hummingbird, or "Redemption" in the US, this year.

Originally posted by Vits

Originally posted by oiram

Statham is not getting a Worst Actor nom.

If couldn't even make the ballots for an UWE BOLL FILM, I doubt he'll get one this year.

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">That's an odd logic. Besides, Statham was also in PARKER this year.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2013 at 1:19pm
I've never even heard of this film. And after reading who worked in it, I feel I should have.

HeadRAZZ already mentioned some of the actors, but not their other movies this year. Kate Bosworth was also in MOVIE 43 and BIG SUR, and Rachelle Lefevre was also in WHITE HOUSE DOWN. There's also Winona Ryder, who recently teased about a BETTLEJUICE sequel. Warning: she did the same thing about a HEATHERS sequel a few years ago, and nothing happened. I think she's just after publicity.

HeadRAZZ mentioned that Sylverster Stallone wrote the script, and also produced the film. And Gary Fleder has directed 6 movies, out of which 4 are bad. But his 2 good ones were also his latest. 

If couldn't even make the ballots for an UWE BOLL FILM, I doubt he'll get one this year.

That's odd logic! Besides, Statham was also in PARKER this year. Yes, I know he was in like 4 movies in '08, but still.

James Franco is the more likely target.

Why? It's not like being in OZ, SPRING BREAKERS and THIS IS THE END should give him more Razzie chances. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2013 at 11:56am
PS: I only counted 34 nominations total.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2013 at 11:52am

If he couldn't even make the ballots for an UWE BOLL FILM, I doubt he'll get one this year.

James Franco is the more likely target.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2013 at 11:28am

THIS ONE KINDA/SORTA SNUCK UP on US, LIKE SWAMP GAS from a HUMAN SOURCE. 

WE LIKE to THINK of IT AS a DEEP-FRIED TURKEY, SPECIALLY DELIVERED for OUR VOTING MEMBERS to ENJOY on THANKSGIVING WEEKEND... 

IT's BASED on NOVEL THAT OUR AWL-TIME RAZZIE CHAM-PEEN SYLVESTER STALLONE ADAPTED into WHAT HE CALLS a "SCREENPLAY" YEARS AGO (AND, YEARS AGO, HE HAD HIMSELF in MIND AS the LEAD). SLY ALSO PRODUCED IT...

IT's CAST INCLUDES MULTIPLE PAST RAZZIE® NOMINEES: JAMES FRANCO (WHOSE PERFORMANCE and CHARACTER NAME -- "GATOR" BODINE -- ARE IRRESISTIBLY RAZZ-ABLE) WINONA RYDER (WHO SEEMS EXTREMELY OUT-of-PLACE HERE, BUT HAS ALSO BEEN EXTREMELY OUT-of-WORK for YEARS) and KATE BOSWORTH (WHO's PLAYING a TRAILER-TRASH/OUT-for-REVENGE BACKWOODS MAMA...and LOOKS LIKE SHE's BEEN BEATEN with THAT PROVERBIAL 'UGLY STICK").

ITS DIRECTOR's CREDITS ARE MOSTLY in TV...

...and B.O. MoJo SEZ THEY WASTED $70 MILLION(!) to MAKE IT. 

BUT ALL YOU GOTTA DO IZ HIT the YOUTUBE LINK ABOVE to WATCH the TRAILER, and WE FIGGER YEWL GUESS WHY IT's GOT ITs OWN FORUM HERE.    

JESS FER FUN, HERE's the LINK to the FOTO FUNNY on THIS...

...and HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE ON IT -- 

YEE-HAW!! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply