Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2014 RELEASES in GENERAL > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2014 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Feedback on 2014 Titles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 82>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Feedback on 2014 Titles
    Posted: April 10 2014 at 8:40am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: As of this posting (about 8:40am/PST on Thursday, April 10) DRAFT DAY is clinging to a "Fresh" Rating of 61% at Rotten Tomatoes (LINK) and is thus not an obvious candidate for an Official Forum. 

When I mentioned its potential for a Forum earlier, a number of Forum members went ahead and started topics on it -- Here is the LINK to read and or join in those discussions.

Next week brings HAUNTED HOUSE 2, which is all but guaranteed to stir up Member discussion and should at least get a Member-Started Forum... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:37am
There'll be a TV adaptation of THE TRUMAN SHOW. I think it could work as long as TRUMAN learns the truth in the first episode.

I didn't mention David Letterman's retirement because I wanted to wait until his replacement was announced. It's Stephen Colbert. Do you think he's a good choice? I can't say, because his show doesn't air here.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: As of this posting (about 8:40am/PST on Thursday, April 10) DRAFT DAY is clinging to a "Fresh" Rating of 61% at Rotten Tomatoes (LINK) and is thus not an obvious candidate for an Official Forum.

Actually, the R.T. numbers for all 3 main releases have been constantly going up and down. We should keep our eyes open just in case.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 12:14pm
Draft Day is looking to end up more in the Rotten range, so I think it should still be consideration for at least a few acting nominations.  

Rio 2 is also getting more into the Rotten range.  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 4:40pm
This week's new releases here:

Divergent, Muppets Most Wanted, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Young & Beautiful and Land of the Bears.

If I had available time, what should I see?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 6:44pm
Grand Budapest Hotel.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2014 at 6:13am
Since there are already some threads for DRAFT DAY, will anyone turn them into a member-started forum?
Originally posted by jesse685

This week's new releases here:

Divergent, Muppets Most Wanted, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Young & Beautiful and Land of the Bears.

If I had available time, what should I see?
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL. I haven't seen YOUNG & BEAUTIFUL, but it's directed by Francois Ozon, so you should skip it.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2014 at 7:49am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As alwaze, anyone who wishes to set up a Member Started Forum is welcome to do so, since at this point I do not plan to create Official Forums on either DRAFT DAY or RIO 2. If anyone is interested in doing so, here's the LINK for the page where any Member Started discussion of RIO 2 should be posted, and here's the LINK to the page where I moved the multiple posts already existent on DRAFT DAY... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2014 at 8:24am
Francois Ozon is a good director. 8 Women was good and so was Swimming Pool until the end.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2014 at 9:01am
Ozon has been nominated for the Vits Award for Worst Movie Directing twice. Once for TROPHY WIFE (which was also nominated for Worst Movie) and another time for ANGEL. He wasn't nominated for THE REFUGE, but I still hated it. However, I haven't seen 8 WOMEN nor SWIMMING POOL.
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 2:33pm
Who's ready for another installment of Which is Worse?

If you have any ideas for a future topic of "which is Worse?", please let me know
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 3:24pm
How about this:

Which is Worse?: Pluto Nash or Norbit?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 3:39pm
AH... that sounds like a great idea! I'll probably see both Pluto Nash and Norbit before doing that particular installment.    I am not expecting good things from either movie.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 4:40pm
Well take a look at and leave feedback for Which is Worse: BATMAN & ROBIN OR CATWOMAN?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 5:23pm
Actually, now that I think about it, is it possible to do a three way Which is Worse? Because it should probably be Pluto Nash vs. Norbit vs. A Thousand Words.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 5:47pm
Oh God I am not sure if I can do that. There is only so much stupidity I can take. I might review all three, but not all the same time. So that three way Which is Worse could happen but not for a long time.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 5:47am
Review for The Other Woman... Not very good.

I also checked on Rotten Tomatoes the rating for the film it is going up against, The Quiet Ones, and that does not seem to be doing too well either, so we have TWO movies to deal with in a few weeks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 82>