Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > ULTRAVIOLET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Milla Jovovich is Really Pretty...LAME!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milla Jovovich is Really Pretty...LAME!
    Posted: March 19 2006 at 6:10am
To BooBerry: You have a Berry Good Idea there.  
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:46pm
On that note, name the most recent good vampire movie.  The Hollywood vampire has become in and of itself a laughable and convoluted cliché. 
Michaels View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 2:58am
The only thing more clichéd than vampire movies these day are zombie movies. It seems like one comes out every month, but they all follow the same format that "Night of the Living Dead" had 40 years ago. Start with a quiet town, then zombies invade; a small band of humans find a place to hide; they learn through radio or TV about the zombies being everywhere and how to kill them; the zombies find them; the human shoot the zombies; they run out of ammo; zombies kill, eat or infect humans one by one; only one, two or three humans stay alive at the end, but the world is still overrun by zombies anyway.

Yet, my best friend works with this one guy who is so stupid that these are the only movies he will watch. And the sad part is that there's no end to this trend in sight. Eli Roth recently annouced plans to adapt the Stephen King novel "Cell", about a pulse that causes cell phone users to become zombies. But hey, this is Hollywood, and once they discover a fad, they have to run it into the ground for as long as they can.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:59pm

It's only a zombie movie. I enjoy them, but I realize it's not art. I'm not looking for Kurosawa. Just entertainment.

I will agree that too many are being made at the same time though. When are they going to quit making comic book movies?

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 7:23am
When they can no longer make money with them.
thorshammer View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote thorshammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 2:54am
Love Milla, but this was awful.  Just painfully bad.  There was one redeeming part, but he was only ten minutes or so.  BAD movie -- but not all Milla's fault.
Michaels View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 1:04am
An extended edition DVD will be out June 27. It claims to have 30 minutes of footage that was cut from the movie. That means this is the entire movie's plot that was removed, or it's just bonus close-ups of Milla's bellybutton.
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 12:21am
This is the worst movie of the year [that has been recieved a general release], the second is Strangers with Candy. They are both sure to be Razzie nominees.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 2:06am

I am sure the extended DVD will not improve the non-existent quality of this vastly inferior movie, but maybe it will include a gratuitous sex scene. Worse Case Scenario: I will still fall asleep!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 11:22pm

I really, REALLY wanted to like this movie.  It had any number of good ideas.  For example, a disease that increased one's muscles and quickened one's response time but shortened one's lifespan, a society taken over by the medical establishment, a device that redirects gravity so, say, a motorcycle can drive up a skyscraper, and the fictional martial art of gun kata.  And Milla Jovovich is a babe.

But then, it's as if the director went out of his way to ruin every single minute of this movie.  Why the comic books?  Why resort to narration to explain the history when you could cut the comic books and explain it with pictures and scenes?  I could go from scene to scene with this, but it's probably best to say this movie was a great waste (or is it "waist"? ) of some great ideas.  Ultraviolet is cinematic self-destruction of the first order. 

I just want to thank hohlermann for giving an explanation why at least Violet's sword starts flaming.  I must have missed when the liquid got on the sword.  When my friend and I got to that scene, I asked, "Will somebody please explain this to me?"  A flaming katana, seemingly out of nowhere.  And then two flaming katanas!  I held out hope of at least one good scene up until that point, but after that, I gave up.  It was incomprehensibly bad.

Although Tim Allen is desperately vying for the worst actor Razzie (The Shaggy Dog, Zoom and the upcoming Santa Clause 3), Ultraviolet should be a solid contender for all the other awards. 

TylerDurden View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TylerDurden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 5:51pm
Ok, I have to agree with you all on this cinematic suppository, What a stinkburger.
Do any of you like any movies at all?
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:21am

I was very disappointed to see that this movie didn't garner any Razzie noms, because it was truly awful. It had no story and the performances were horrific. It was a movie that just wanted to showcase Milla Jovovich changing colors with the backgrounds. If I had the chance to vote I would have nominated it for these categories: WORST PICTURE, WORST DIRECTOR, WORST ACTRESS (MILLA JOVOVICH), WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (CAMERON BRIGHT), WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (NICK CHINLUND), WORST ON-SCREEN COUPLE (JOVOVICH & BRIGHT), WORST SCREENPLAY!!! But hey, at least "Little Man" got a lot of nominations. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: As I often point out to those who complain about bad movies that somehow missed the wrath of RAZZIE voters -- Even we can't RAZZ every bad movie that comes along. The grosses and reviews on this one were so lowly that even our members may not have bothered to see it...

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2007 at 9:42am

Lol. Ha. It's Good They Didn't See It And I Hope They (And No One Else) Ever Will!!! Lol.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 1:29pm
Cameron Bright is an annoying little brat. Not as annoying as, say, Spencer Breslin or Josh Flitter, but still annoying.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123