Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DISCUSSION of 2005 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCUSSION of 2005 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: April 24 2011 at 7:23am
Katie Holmes got a nom for Worst Supporting Actress for Batman Begins, despite that movie's acclaim?!?  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

You're suggesting all these well-received movies should've gotten RAZZIE nominations. Why can't you focus this more on panned movies instead?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2011 at 4:19pm
That was probably a total "We hate every news article being about TomKat" nod.  

Originally posted by oiram

Katie Holmes got a nom for Worst Supporting Actress for Batman Begins, despite that movie's acclaim?!?
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2011 at 4:23pm
Batman Begins is kind of over-rated...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Burt Reynolds / THE DUKES OF HAZZARD and THE LONGEST YARD

Skip to 04:47.
Thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

WORST ACTOR
Tom Cruise / WAR of the WORLDS

I actually thought this version was better than the original. Skip to 06:14.

Any thoughts?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2012 at 1:52am
2005. Agent 005 had only appeared in the book Colonel Sun, which of course, is yet to be adapted into a film. He was a 00-Agent until he went legally blind and couldn't wield his guns. Here's my take on the Sun Colonel's Year.

Films that should've been RAZZed, but didn't: 3
Elektra
The Amityville Horror [remake]
Aeon Flux

Films that got RAZZed, but shouldn't have: 3
Kicking and Screaming
War of the Worlds [remake]
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Films that were RAZZed to the wrong degree: 1
Alone in the Dark (Not RAZZed enough)

Worst Trends/Events of 2005:
V. "Stupid spoiled whore"'s Hollywood feature film debut (Had Paris Hilton actually starred in anything theatrical before House of Wax [remake]?)
IV. A narrow assortment of comedies, romances, and horrors (All 45-some-odd films that were at least considered for the RAZZIES in 2005 were strictly those 3 genres in their most vanilla sense. There wasn't one subtype of comedy, horror, or romance that stood out at all).
III. No-one went to the movies, and it's a complete mystery as to why! (For a year with more than 300 films released, revenues plunged in 2005. No-one can single out one or a few reasons for this dip.)
II.  The tabloids refuse to shut up about the lip synced concert and the videotaped C-Section (Ashlee [Undiscovered] and Federline)
I. Tom Cruise's horrible year; Katie Holmes, War of the Worlds, an anti-psychiatry crusade, and Episode 912 (Trapped in the Closet, the episode in which Tom Cruise locks himself in Stan Marsh's closet, was a banner episode in South Park's history, and of all the bad things to happen to Tom Cruise lately, they were all packed into 2005. No year before or after brought half as many ill-fortuned events upon him!)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2013 at 2:08pm
My review of the BATMAN franchise, which includes Worst Supp. Actress nominee BATMAN BEGINS (skip to 02:07):

Any thoughts?
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 7:41am
I don't know if you all will want to strangle me or put me in a 12 step program, but I have to confess... I love Bewitched. I mean I'm not saying it's the greatest movie of all time but I did love it for hat it is. I do have my problems with it. Like even today, I don't know why Will Ferrell is even in this movie. He seemed to be out of his element in this film and I do agree with the Razzie win for Worst Screen Couple. Both him and Nicole Kidman had no real chemistry. Just like that spell she casted on him later in the film, the love wasn't real.

However, I loved Nicole in this role (her voice did get a little annoying though at times). But I am still glad she didn't get nominated for Worst Actress. In fact, this movie actually lead me to watch the original TV Show with Elizabeth Montgomery :)
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12