Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > STAR WARS: EPISODE III: THE SITH HITZ the FANZ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hayden Sucks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
haydensucks View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote haydensucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hayden Sucks
    Posted: August 06 2007 at 7:25pm
Haydern did ruin Star Wars!
Hayden deserves to go to hell!
Hayden Christensen sucks.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Queen_of_Toad

You found the right word in German, if I recall correctly...

Scheiße???
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
SuperGlucose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperGlucose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 6:53pm
Ya know, I had much less of a problem with Episode 1.  Yeah, Jar JAr was annoying as hell, yeah, anything with Natalie was inherently dumb, but you know, Qui-Gonn wasn't a horrid character like almost all of the other additions, and Ewan McGregor (while certainly not holding a candle to Sir Alec Guinness) played a good Obi-wan.  The problem with the other two movies (in my opinion) is that Ewan had to carry the acting weight.  Ewan is certainly a good actor, but he's not good enough to be a star.  In the origional trilogy, the main actor (even if not the main character) was Harrison Ford.  All of the best acting was done by Harrison Ford in that movie, and the rest of the acting wasn't as good as his (which isn't a horrid thing to be saying).  But Ewan isn't nearly as good as Ford is.  So we're stuck with a good, not great, actor being the best actor in the movie.  That means that every other actor is downgraded from an at LEAST equivalent drop from Ford to Ewan.  And from Mark Hamill, that drop put us to HC.  Don't get me wrong, Mark did a good job as Luke, but he was a mediocre actor.  So in the origional trilogy, we had a great actor (Ford) surrounded by good actors and one mediocre actor playing the lead role (Mark.)  After a global talent reduction, for the origional trilogy we have a good actor (Ewan) surrounded by mediocre to bad actors (Natalie, this is where you belong), and finally, the lead is played by a horrid actor (HC).

Oh, and by the way, casting for this movie deserves equal blame: if they weren't piss drunk when they went to work for HC's audition, HC would've never been in the movies.
Up, in the Cytoplasm, is it an amino acid? Is it a nucleotide? No, it's SUPERGLUCOSE!
SuperGlucose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperGlucose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Haydenlover222

HE DID NOT RUIN STAR WARS AT ALL, YOU ALL ARE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE HE IS TALENTED AND SOOO GOOD LOOKING, AND ALL OF YOU ARE JUST HATERS!!!!!!!!!!

All this is missing are the </sarcasm> tags.
Up, in the Cytoplasm, is it an amino acid? Is it a nucleotide? No, it's SUPERGLUCOSE!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote haydensucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2006 at 6:19pm
Queen_of_toad thanks.
Gayden sucks.
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 6:28am

So do I my friend. So do I. My best friend from this board: Haydensucks: The man with such a good taste.

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote haydensucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 10:19pm
I hate Gayden Crystalmeth.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 4:26pm
Yep, seem to remember reading about that somewhere!
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote haydensucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 3:40pm
Well I hate Hayden.
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 9:56am
Originally posted by ITbeast

My eyes are still sore from reading 2nd to the last above of her entries

Sorry...

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 8:41am

Well, If I learned anything from reading these postings, here it is...

1) Hayden Christensen Sucks (Now there's a surprise!).

2) It was mainly Lucas that ruined Star Wars (Now personally I liked "Revenge of the Sith", it was one hell of an improvement over "Clones").

3) Gertie the Duck writes a really good and informative running commentary, along with being a big fan of Queen of Toad (My eyes are still sore from reading 2nd to the last above of her entries).

4) #1 Sly Fan is in fact a clone of Haydenlover222 because they both say the same thing concerning Acting challenged individuals (For the history of #1 Sly Fan follow the link ).

5) And lest I forget; Hayden Christensen Sucks (Didn't I say that already, Oh Well...Dejavu!).

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 6:45am

Fair enough. And I blame Lucas AND Christensen. But mainly Lucas.

(This is surreal! Can one actually blame anyone for "ruining" Star Wars? I am too biased, I believe, as I was raised on these movies, but what would I think of them if I saw them today, for the first time?)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote haydensucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 5:23pm
I blame Hayden for ruining Star Wars.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 2:55am

Well first of all I don't think Episode III was too bad a movie. Compared to Ep 1 and Ep 2(esp.) it was a blessing.

I think we may have to agree to disagree, on that point (not too bad a movie!? Maybe, if one's standards of comparison are Ep1 and Ep2 exclusively! ). Yes, I thought Sith was a million times better than the other prequels, but possibly mainly because of what we already knew from the old Star Wars movies. This was, after all(and after the boring non-build-up of the two previous movies), the movie in which we knew Anakin was going to become Vader and that all hell would break loose, which kind of automatically imbued the story with more pathos. 

HC did, however, ruin what he could ruin. I mean, c'mon the opening scene where he is supposed to look grim or whatever - he is irritating. He doesn't manage to deliver the emotions to his audience. I often sat there and wondered what it was that he was trying to express.

I hear you!

I couldn't agree more and couldn't have said it better! I, too, think Hayden did a terrible job on Sith. His is one of the worst performances I have seen in a supposedly dramatic movie in ages.

It's just that, when watching Sith, I found myself getting angrier at Lucas and his "cool" little touches. I could almost picture him, sitting in his luxurious home thinking: "How can I make this movie even cooooler? Let's put some silly, lame-ass comedy moments in, enacted by computer-generated creatures; let's put more cool ships and gadgets and effects, in fact; let's make Yoda do some cool-looking kick-ass things; Let's put even more computer-generated rubbish in; let's make these guys twirl their light-sabers in ever more ridiculous ways and situations!!", and so on... and "Oh...Story? Are you suggesting I should spend more time refining the story and dialogue? Nah...no one will notice anything, if I put in more cool things to hide the fact that I am too lazy to do some actual work/find someone good who can do it for me!". Grrr!!!

Oh...and you musn't forget: Lucas is ultimately responsible for choosing Hayden and for deciding each of his scenes was fit for the final movie. He must have sat there and said, "This is great!". Jerk!

And I mean c'mon, I don't believe the audience was supposed to LAUGH at his downfall.

No, but I don't believe that merely removing Hayden from the movie would have contributed to making it good. There is a great story in there, but it should have been told completely differently, and possibly by someone else. This could have been "a galaxy far away" 's answer to The Godfather, goddamit!!!

Well, he did manage, somehow, to make it understandable for the audience that he was having problems, but I was rather thinking of constipation.

Maybe I am not the only person who thought Hayden had just come back from a long stay in the toilet, in the moments that follow the decapitation of Christopher Lee. That grunt... 

It raises the question: HOW bad CAN one be?  And, yes, it is possible for an actor to be even worse than a Lucas script and Christensen is the proof. So, can bad acting be independent from a bad script? Yes, it can. As much as good acting doesn't seem to depend on a good script.

Once again, I would blame Lucas(who controlled most aspects of the movie) for choosing and encouraging Christensen. But yes, you are absolutely right: bad acting can, of course, be independent from a bad script. It's just that I felt Hayden's performance elevated the movie from an annoying/boring display of Lucas' overblown ego into something occasionally entertainingly hilarious.

" as I don't feel there was anything there good enough for him to "ruin". " My friend, Decameron will next.

I can't wait!!!

I think that, for example, Ian McDiarmid was good as Darth Sidious/the chancellor(if a bit camp, at times), but did that make the dialogue he was forced to spout any less ridiculous?
Maybe not. Maybe you're right here. But still I bought it. I had never any doubts that he meant what he said.

Hence his being a good actor/  Hayden's being a terrible one. McDiarmid managed to do his best out of something terrible. I don't think it's the actors' job to make a turd good (or rather, bearable) or that they should take all the blame for its "turdiness".  

I am just saying that your dislike of Hayden may be blinding you to the fact that the main culprit here is Lucas.
Lucas is another topic. But HC even surpasses (or should I say "SUBPASSES") Lucas' directing. God, he sucked soooo... bad.

I know. I merely started discussing Lucas because I noticed a trend in blaming Hayden, exclusively, for the horror that are the prequels. That has put me in the surreal position of urgh...seemingly defending Christensen(not my aim!!).

Unfortunately I am not a native speaker, otherwise I would have told you.

Don't worry, I know exactly what you mean. I am not a native speaker either and often find I know exactly what I want to say, but have no idea of how to say it in English without being misunderstood. But that's just language, for you...

But on the other hand, that might be a good thing. I mean, he acts like a 15-year old in the school-drama club, who can neither handle his lines nor his own body-language. Take ILM, put that into the background and you get a HC-movie...

...or *shudder* a young new Hollywood star in the making!

By the way...this is merely MY opinion (stole that line from you. Thanks )

No problem! I like to point that out, as I'm aware forum posts can sound argumentative, when one is merely expressing an opinion. It's hard to convey meaning on the Net!  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote haydensucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 12:00pm
As I am concerned Hayden ruined Star Wars.  Just because you blame Lucas doesn't mean its not Hayden's fault.
Ian McDiarmid is a much better actor than HC.
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 7:50am

"I mean...you can (and should!) blame Hayden for being a terrible actor" , we do, don't worry "but I don't believe HE is responsible for "ruining" Star Wars,

Well first of all I don't think Episode III was too bad a movie. Compared to Ep 1 and Ep 2(esp.) it was a blessing. HC did, however, ruin what he could ruin. I mean, c'mon the opening scene where he is supposed to look grim or whatever - he is irritating. He doesn't manage to deliver the emotions to his audience. I often sat there and wondered what it was that he was trying to express. And I mean c'mon, I don't believe the audience was supposed to LAUGH at his downfall. Well, he did manage, somehow, to make it understandable for the audience that he was having problems, but I was rather thinking of constipation.

It raises the question: HOW bad CAN one be?  And, yes, it is possible for an actor to be even worse than a Lucas script and Christensen is the proof. So, can bad acting be independent from a bad script? Yes, it can. As much as good acting doesn't seem to depend on a good script.

" as I don't feel there was anything there good enough for him to "ruin". " My friend, Decameron will next.

I think that, for example, Ian McDiarmid was good as Darth Sidious/the chancellor(if a bit camp, at times), but did that make the dialogue he was forced to spout any less ridiculous?
Maybe not. Maybe you're right here. But still I bought it. I had never any doubts that he meant what he said.

I am just saying that your dislike of Hayden may be blinding you to the fact that the main culprit here is Lucas.
Lucas is another topic. But HC even surpasses (or should I say "SUBPASSES") Lucas' directing. God, he sucked soooo... bad. Unfortunately I am not a native speaker, otherwise I would have told you. But on the other hand, that might be a good thing. I mean, he acts like a 15-year old in the school-drama club, who can neither handle his lines nor his own body-language. Take ILM, put that into the background and you get a HC-movie...

By the way...this is merely MY opinion (stole that line from you. Thanks )

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>