Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > SABOTAGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of SABOTAGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of SABOTAGE
    Posted: March 23 2014 at 9:24am

IF SABOTAGE BOMBS LIKE HIS LAST TWO FILMS DID (LAST STAND and ESCAPE PLAN) and IF CALIFORNIA's FORMER GOVERNOR WERE SUBJECT to the STATE's "THREE STRIKES" LAW, AH-NULD's FILM CAREER WOULD BE OVER by NOW...and HE MIGHT EVEN BE SENTENCED to "MOVIE JAIL."   

BUT SABOTAGE ITSELF ALREADY HAS 3 STRIKES AGAINST IT:

1) IT WENT INTO PRODUCTION in 2012, and HAS BEEN HELD BACK from RELEASE EVER SINCE... 

2) TEST SCREENINGS WENT BADLY ENOUGH THAT RE-SHOOTS WERE REQUIRED AFTER PRINCIPAL PRODUCTION SHUT DOWN... 

3) ITs RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED REPEATEDLY, OFTEN in ATTEMPTS to STEER CLEAR of OTHER FILMS IT WOULD BE DISASTROUS for THIS FILM to COMPETE WITH...

ADD in the FACT THAT ITS BASIC PLOT IS ARGUABLY HIJACKED from AGATHA CHRISTIE's CLASSIC AND THEN THERE WERE NONE (WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE, REMADE and RIPPED OFF ABOUT 8 TIMES - IMDb LINK) and YOU HAVE the MAKINGS of a MADE-to-ORDER NAIL in SCHWARZENEGGAR's CARRER COFFIN.

WHETHER EVEN VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBERS WILL REMEMBER SABOTAGE COME NOMINATING TIME NEXT WINTER IS an OPEN QUESTION, BUT BOY DOES THIS ONE LOOK LIKE IT's "ONE of OURS"!! 

NOW IT's YOUR TURN to TAKE POT SHOTS at the ONE-TIME GUBERNATOR... 

ENJOY!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2014 at 10:20am
The "rule" in Ah-nuld's movies is not to really judge his performance, nor the performances of the other cast members (fair is fair). That's a good idea here, since his co-star Sam Worthington has yet to proove he's a good actor. I thought that BATTLE OF THE YEAR had killed Josh Holloway's career, but he's in this plus a hit TV show (INTELLIGENCE). Last year, Terrence Howard avoided a Razzie nomination despite starring in 3 or 4 bad movies. Maybe he'll be lucky this year too, with so many projects in production.

David Ayer is at his best when working in regular cop dramas (TRAINING DAY; END OF WATCH). But the premise of this movie sounds closer to S.W.A.T. (to be fair, he didn't write that one alone).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2014 at 11:20am
No mention of Mireille Enos or Olivia Williams, or even Max Martini (who's going to be in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie)?

Also, the first draft of this script was written by a man that should have been a Razzie nominee by now, Skip Woods (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, A Good Day to Die Hard). 

And didn't this movie originally have Malin Akerman in it, but she had to leave due to pregnancy, and Enos replaced her?

Also, HeadRAZZ, where did you hear about this being kept in a vault for two years? 
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2014 at 11:57am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: According to the IMDb, SABOTAGE completed initial filming in late 2012 (LINK) required re-shoots after production was already shut down, and has had its release date changed at least twice -- Three clear indications that it probably is "One of Ours." I assume that its release was put off at least partially in response to THE LAST STAND (MoJo LINK) and ESCAPE PLAN (MoJo LINK) both doing less than expected business as 2013 releases...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2014 at 12:52pm
Ah, I see -- thanks, HeadRAZZ! 

THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2014 at 6:08pm
Well, I've been eyeing The Nut Job, I, Frankenstein and, of course, The Legend of Hercules in 3D as early contenders.

But, just to piss off British movie critic Robbie Collin, whose ideal of rational people are those who would excuse Disney stars and stars who repeatedly make bad movies from getting Razzie nominations just because he feels that's not rational, I'll also be eyeing Ar-nuld's newest movie.  Mind you, I'll be fair.  I felt The Escape Plan was not anywhere near as bad as several other Schwarzenegger movies, and definitely didn't plumb the depths like last year's Movie 43 or Lindsay Lohan's The Canyons.  Still, The Escape Plan suffered from starring both Schwarzenegger and Stallone from having an original, interesting concept and filling it in with cliches (Oh, really, a bunch of barrels of oil just sitting around?  Oh, really, an axe just sitting outside a hatch that needs to be barricaded?  Oh, really, hundreds of heavies keep on coming to be shot up and none of them can shoot? Etc.).  Will Sabotage suffer the same lameness that hampered The Escape Plan and buried Stallone's Bullet to the Head

Based on what HeadRAZZ found out from IMDb, it looks like all that and worse.  

Oh, and I spelled "axe" with an "e" just for Collin. . . .

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

HE MIGHT BE SENTENCED to "MOVIE JAIL." 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2014 at 9:19am
It has started off at 20%.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2014 at 4:08pm
On the question of whether Schwarzenegger's career should go to MovieJail, he's only been in 4 of my past Bottom 40ers:

The 6th Day: Bottom 40 Films of '000, #17
Around the World in 80 Days [remake]: Bottom 40 Films of '004, #8
The Expendables: Bottom 40 Films of '010, #40
The Expendables 2: Bottom 40 Films of '012, #38

But considering how The Last Stand and Escape Plan were merely average, I wouldn't be so quick to throw the book.

As for what to nominate this film for: Schwarzenegger hasn't given a bad performance considering his age, and everything that's come to light since he left political office. The biggest complaint is the pointless, eye-punishing violence and mutilation. Would that do more to help Sabotage's chances for Worst Director or Worst Screenplay

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 4:26am
What about Worst Supporting Actor for Sam Worthington, or Worst Remake or Rip-off of the various adaptations of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None?
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 5:09pm
I was wondering, do you think Terrence Howard is more likely to get Worst Supporting Actor consideration after hearing this?:

THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 3:18pm
I dunno.  Yeah, Terrence Howard was nominated for an Oscar in 2006 for Hustle & Flow (love that movie), but he obviously has little clout, as shown when he was unceremoniously booted from the role of Rhodey after the first Iron Man movie.  This lack of clout would explain why he's acting up a storm in movies that are well beneath his talent over the last 6 years, such as last year's worst movie Movie 43.  

I'd say Johnny Depp is more deserving of a Razzie than Howard is, mostly because Depp has clout and should know better.  Howard's talent is such that he should be a regular in Oscar worthy films.  I don't know why he's only been in Crash and Hustle & Flow.

Still, we'll have to see if Howard stinks up the screen in Sabotage.  Based on what I've seen of Howard's past efforts, we'll just be looking at Arnold Schwarzenegger.  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 4:44pm
And not Sam Worthington?
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 6:42pm
Let's not forget Terrence Howard was in one of the worst movies ever made, Glitter!

Seriously though, Howard I think is more of an average actor. Yeah he was awful in Movie 43 but everybody was. In Iron Man, he wasn't great but wasn't bad either. So yeah I think he's one of those actors that works with whatever script he has.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2014 at 3:36pm
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 6:26am
If they had named this film " Meat Shower", they would have done better, without a doubt!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>