Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WHICH IS WORSE: BATMAN & ROBIN OR CATWOMAN?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHICH IS WORSE: BATMAN & ROBIN OR CATWOMAN?
    Posted: April 14 2014 at 3:13pm
Oh Vheid, by all Means you can make a "Which is Worse". I might comment my own opinions on your if I had seen the films you compare.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 12:28pm
Moviecritic, can I put up the next "which is worse"-forum or is this primarily your thing and wouldn't you like others copying it?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 6:42pm
I assume that Pitof wanted to make a good movie. However, two things got in the way: 1.) he's a God damn idiot and 2.) he has no talent whatsoever.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 5:19pm
"What did Pitof have in mind"? That's like asking "How is a Raven like a writing desk"? There is no answer
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 5:13pm
I meant "What did Pitof have in mind?".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 4:53pm
Warner Bros. wanted the Batman franchise to, above all else, sell a lot of toys. Joel Schumacher had resigned himself to making a 2-hour toy commercial when he made Batman And Robin.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 2:41pm
Really? What?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

1.) Pitof had more in mind than selling crappy toys.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 1:44pm
Instead of selling crappy toys, Pitof and the writers of Catwoman just insulted the female Gender   

Sorry, I guess I can't win on this one.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 1:22pm
I think you can all guess which one I hate more. But, for the sake of it, here's the five big reasons why Batman And Robin is worse:

5.) Batman And Robin is twenty minutes longer.
4.) At no point does Sharon Stone sing along to a Rankin-Bass cartoon in Catwoman.
3.) Batman And Robin makes a beautiful actress (Uma Thurman) look unsexy. Halle Berry looked sexy in Catwoman.
2.) Catwoman is just a sh*tty action movie. Batman And Robin is a sh*tty action movie and a sh*tty comedy and there's nothing worse than a sh*tty comedy.
1.) Pitof had more in mind than selling crappy toys.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 9:55am
I have too go pick Batman & Robin for this one... Mainly because it was harder to sit trough....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 6:37pm
Batman & Robin was way too colorful. In Catwoman. the film makes CGI look very, very dated.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 6:15pm
I was one of those. I just wasn't that offended by CATWOMAN, while B&R gave me a headache. However, while the visual style of the latter was misplaced because of the dark nature of the character, I would've liked it in another superhero movie (for children). In fact, those pictures you posted show that there was clearly more effort put into the costumes. The visual style and costume design of the former was kind of half-baked. 
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

I did ask this question on my Twitter and surprisingly to me a lot of people declared "Batman & Robin is way worse".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 4:37pm
What an interesting comparison, two movies that could rival for the title of "Worst Superhero Movie Ever Made". I will say that in some ways both movies are equally bad. The acting in both is awful, the scripts come off as stupidly written and both are very insulting.

I did ask this question on my Twitter and surprisingly to me a lot of people declared "Batman & Robin is way worse". Well, I respectively disagree with these people. Okay let's look at Batman & Robin first. I totally understand why this movie is so hated by Batman fans and comic book movie fans in general. It was a total regression for not only the Batman film universe, but a total destruction of the Superhero movie genre. No one took comic books or superhero movies seriously after Batman & Robin. I actually wish the movie would've won more Razzies but hey I've never seen The Postman and I dread the day I'll have to review it.

How about Catwoman? Well that is a different story. This film is one of the worst movies ever made. Nothing in this movie is right. I'm not just talking about the writing and the acting (Though those are pretty big elements to mess up), it's the fact that this movie is alone of the most sexist movies I ever seen. You can't be a film about female empowerment and yet over sexualize your character by dressing her up like a dominatrix. Also, there is no depth to any of the issues that are brought up in Catwoman. What is the major evil in this film? Well evil Make-Up of course. Why? Because it's a movie for females! Yeah, are you offended yet? There are so many things wrong with Catwoman I can talk about it for hours. Obviously, the Catwoman movie is trying to say "If you're not a shy and quiet woman, you must love dressing up like a whore with a whip".

So yeah, Batman & Robin totally sets the Superhero movie genre back 2 or 3 decades. Catwoman is one of the most sexist and insulting movies by making feminism a joke. Still, I would like to hear your opinions and feedback on this question that possibly has no right answer.

BAT NIPPLES AWAY!

Patience: I am Catwoman!
Mr. Hedare: No you're not.
 Post Reply Post Reply