Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Which is worse: MANOS or PLAN 9?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is worse: MANOS or PLAN 9?
    Posted: April 14 2014 at 5:07pm
Since MovieCritic1994 said we're all allowed to do this, I thought I'd give it a shot.

They were both meant to be horror movies, but because of their incompetence in every technical aspect, they ended up being unintentional comedies. Actually, several sites list them not as B-movies but as Z-movies.

In my All-Time Worst list, MANOS currently ranks at #26, and, PLAN 9 at #41, which is why I choose the former. I felt that PLAN 9's plot had more potential to be a good movie (with another director, of course). There weren't that many sci-fi movies that tried to have a message back then (in this case, it was anti-nuclear). Even with a better real* director, MANOS' plot would've sucked. Also, PLAN 9 kept my interest for a short amount of time, while MANOS bored me from beginning** to end. You don't hear that everyday when comparing a black & white movie to a colored movie.

*The script writer and director was a salesman who made the movie on a bet. At least Ed Wood was passionate about cinema and tried to include his influences in his movies.
**The movie opens with a couple of minutes of driving shots from a car's point of view. It was originally going to have the opening credits.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 5:34pm
Plan 9 from Outer Space is really awful, but at the very least it looks like an actual effort at filmmaking. As for Manos: The Hands of Fate no effort is put into the project. It's awfully dubbed and the story makes no sense whatsoever. I would say Manos is worse than Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Fun Fact: Did you know "Manos" means hands in some other language (if someone could look up the language that word comes from that would be great). So technically the title is "Hands: The Hands of Fate"
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 5:49pm
Manos is a boring piece of crap. Plan 9 is a hilarious piece of crap. Manos is obviously worse.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 6:09pm
That would be Spanish. That's one of the reasons why it's hard for me to recommend it* here. Also, the singular would be "mano" in both Spanish and Italian, but not the plural because that's "mani" in Italian.

*I know people who enjoy watching bad movies.

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Did you know "Manos" means hands in some other language (if someone could look up the language that word comes from that would be great). So technically the title is "Hands: The Hands of Fate"
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 8:33pm
I love watching bad movies like Supergirl, Barb wire, From Justin To Kelly, The Room and a few others. Then again, I do have my limits. I have no interest in watching Jack and Jill or Movie 43 again.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 11:02pm
Manos by far.... its much harder to sit through... while Plan 9 isn't so bad and even is Ed Woods best and most watchable movie...
 Post Reply Post Reply