Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup 2014
    Posted: June 14 2014 at 7:50am
I decided to make a World Cup forum eventhough it might not get a lot of post on this forum... All the countries represented on this forum are in the world cup this year (US, England, Australia, Chile, Italy and Holland)....

I might hqve made this forum out of a bit of national pride because my country completely humiliated the current world champion Spain in a match last night (final score 5-1)... Thats a hell of a way too start of the world cup for Holland...

Also Chile defeated Australia 3-1...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2014 at 7:51am
So congratulations Vits...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2014 at 1:41pm
Thank you. I'm actually not a big fan of soccer, which is rare in Chile (specially for men). The U.S. has football and baseball as the patriotic sports so people can choose one if they don't like the other, but we only have soccer. But I don't hate it, which is why I watch the important matches (like this one).

Funny story: My dad and his girlfriend arrived at the house about the 10-minute mark and I went to help them to prepare the snacks. We went to the living room and we discovered that we had missed the first goal! As we were lamenting, there was a second goal! By the end, I wanted to be happy but I couldn't because of all the chips, peanuts and cocktail size empanadas I ate.
LOL
By the way, I know that teams have to change their uniforms' colours when it's the same as the oponent team's. But why didn't Australia wore blue or white shirts? They used yellow and green. If it wasn't for the score on the corner of the screen, I would've thought they were Brazil!
LOL

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2014 at 2:28pm
Vits, same here... I also live in a country where soccer is a big deal... and i also only watch the big games fof the Dutch national football team (World Cup and Euro Cup mostly).... however every time i start too watched does matches i turn into a super involved fan all of a sudden and start yelling to the screen and stuff...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2014 at 2:40pm
Really? So if Chile defeats the Netherlands will you hate me?
Unhappy
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2014 at 3:09pm
No not at all.... that's not how it works with me... I just get really intense when watching the game, once the game is over i might be either disapointed that we losed or estatic that we won... but i never direct hate to the people from the country we losed too, especially not when that is a person i really respect (like you)..,,
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2014 at 4:57pm
Congratulations Doppy with Italy's victory over England...
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2014 at 2:33am
So... I found out Chile beat Australia in a World Cup match... *sigh*.

Ah well, I don't give two sh*ts about soccer anyways. I'm more of a motorsport fan.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2014 at 1:53pm
I have Italian citizenship, so if you don't mind, I'll accept those congratulations too.
Wink
Originally posted by Vheid

Congratulations Doppy with Italy's victory over England...

LOL
Originally posted by jesse685

Ah well, I don't give two sh*ts about soccer anyways. I'm more of a motorsport fan.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 5:00pm
Congratulations to all the Americans on this forum for your victory over Ghana...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by jesse685

Its only the first stages... if Australia defeats both Spain and the Netherlands they can still continue to play in the World Cup...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 7:11pm
I thought of congratulating them too, but most Americans aren't into soccer. They don't even call it by its real name. Yes, I went there.
Originally posted by Vheid

Congratulations to all the Americans on this forum for your victory over Ghana...
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 10:41pm
Football is the original name, right?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2014 at 9:52am
Originally posted by oiram

Football is the original name, right?

Yes, It's what every other country in the world calls it...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2014 at 11:30am
Another victory for the Dutch, but a less impressive one...

I wish the best of luck to Vits and the Chile team tonight against Spain...
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2014 at 2:00pm
Congratulations Vits with Chile's victory over Spain...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>