Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > TRANNIES #4 - Age of Ex-STINK-tion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of TRANSFORMERS #4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of TRANSFORMERS #4
    Posted: June 25 2014 at 11:16am

OFFICIAL FORUM DISCUSSION

IT's the FOURTH ENTRY in a FRANCHISE WHOSE TWO PREVIOUS ENTRIES WERE BOTH WORST PICTURE NOMINEES (IN FACT, the 2nd TRANNIES FILM "WON" WORST PICTURE of 2009 - LINK)... 

IT REPLACES the WOEFUL SHIA LeBOUFF...with 2009 WORST ACTOR NOMINEE MARK WAHLBERG...

...and IT LOOKS EVERY BIT as DIM-WITTED as ITS PREDECESSORS. 

SO...IS IT a RAZZIE® CONTENDER??  

THAT's WHAT WE'RE ENCOURAGING YOU to LET US KNOW BELOW...

AS for OURSELVES, WE EXPECT IT'LL BLOW!  

R U READY to "TRANSFORM" WHAT'LL LIKELY BE ONE of 2014's BIGGEST BOX OFFICE HITS into a MULTI-CATEGORY RAZZIE® NOMINEE??  

CONSIDER THIS YOUR "OPTIMUS PRIME TIME" to MAKE YER CASE!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2014 at 11:39am
Don't forget that the human chick in this movie is played by Last Airbender's Nicola Peltz. 

Plus, as I have noted elsewhere multiple times, we have Kelsey Grammer (AKA Fraiser, Sideshow Bob, and Stinky Pete) playing the human antagonist in the movie. After Legends of Oz, Think Like a Man Too, and now this, I'd say his chances of being a 2014 Razzie nominee are pretty high. 

Oh, and if that wasn't enough, Grammar is also going to be in the third Expendables movie! 
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2014 at 12:04pm
Stanley Tucci also has a bunch of other projects, but unlike Grammer's, they've been mostly good so far. This time, Ehren Kruger has written the script alone. He also did that with the 3rd movie, so maybe this one will be an improvement (just like the 3rd was an improvement over the 1st one)? Linkin Park has been replaced with Imagine Dragons to perform the theme song. I personally don't see this as something better, but I'll give them a chance.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2014 at 6:08pm
We also have Jack Reynor, Titus Welliver, Sophia Myles (Thunderbirds 2004), T.J. Miller (Yogi Bear 2010), Li Bingbing (Resident Evil: Retribution) and supposed Chinese "superstar" Han Geng, not to mention John Goodman and Ken Watanabe are part of the voice cast this time.

There's also 4 other Chinese actors who won some "reality" show they held to be in the film and model Jessica Gomes making an appearance in the film, but they are most likely small appearances.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 4:38am
Yeaah!
"Gotta RAZZ em all, Gotta RAZZ em all, Gotta RAZZ em all!!!".
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 4:44am
Er, isn't that a Pokémon reference?

I would have thought you would say something like "Autobots, Razz Out!"

Originally posted by Doppy

Yeaah!
"Gotta RAZZ em all, Gotta RAZZ em all, Gotta RAZZ em all!!!".

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 4:52am
Just now, this movie took a STEEP drop to 24% at RT (That's higher than Revenge of the Fallen but lower than Dark of the Moon). We'll see where it ends after it hits American theaters, but at this point, that probably doesn't matter. 

It looks to me like it'll definitely be "one of ours."

Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 5:20am
Sorry, it was the first thing that came out from  my mind! 
But, we can rewrite the tagline of the film  "Fight together or resign themselves to extinction" 
in this way :  "Fighting together and resign themselves to the RAZZ!" LOL  

Originally posted by oiram

Er, isn't that a Pokémon reference?
I would have thought you would say something like "Autobots, Razz Out!"

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 9:37pm
I just saw this. My review will be ready tomorrow. Two things first:

1.) The review will be in the style of my first ever review.

2.) Transformers: Age Of Extinction > The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2014 at 10:29am
Before I begin my review, I should talk about the reviews for it. This is an awful movie, but part of me thinks that the critics are being a little harsh. I mean, on its own it does deserve its 17% rating, but its rating is lower than Revenge Of The Fallen's which was infinitely worse. Now onto the review!

The Good:

Stanley Tucci: When I heard that an actor as great as Tucci was in a Transformers movie, I assumed that he'd just coast. However, he actually seems to be invested in his role. He's easily the most enjoyable of the human characters, but that's not saying much.

Optimus Prime: The film does some interesting things with Prime's character. After the government starts hunting his Autobot brethren down, he grows a hatred of humans. His first scene is kind of scary.

John Goodman: Goodman's basically just playing Walter Sobcheck as a giant robot, but in a movie this bad you gotta accept any small favor you can get.

Scaling back the unfunny comic relief: At the start of the film, T.J. Miller plays Mark Wahlberg's employee. His jokes are unfunny and bog down the film. However, he gets brutally murdered during an action scene. Bay and Kruger did an actually good job of cutting back on the comic relief. Too bad they made the action scenes worse!

Lockdown: Lockdown is a robot bounty hunter who's neither an Autobot or a Decepticon. He's only after Optimus Prime and is willing to ally with humans to get him. He's an awesome character and some fans think that he might have been hired by Unicron!!!!

The elevator guy: While Tucci and the hot Asian girl from Resident Evil 5 are on the run from government agents in China, they try to use an elevator which doesn't work with another guy in it. When the agents come to kill them, the elevator guy starts beating the crap out of them in an action scene that's both awesome and kind of funny.

Mark Wahlberg with glasses: When sneaking into a building, Mark Wahlberg's character wears glasses. The site of this is one of the most unintentionally hilarious scenes of the year. This may seem petty, but in a movie this bad you have to appreciate any small thing you can get.

At no point does Shia Labeouf make an appearance.

The film doesn't start with a poorly shot action scene involving Mark Walberg's parents on a plane that doesn't have anything to do with the main plot.

At no point is Optimus Prime thrown across a power plant to the tune of Itsy Bitsy Spider.

It's not The Amazing Spider-Man 2: This is a really bad movie, but it didn't piss me off like The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did. Considering how that film's RT rating is over three times better, that's baffling,

The Bad:

Drift: Drift is the Transformer that's voiced by Ken Watanabe. Because Michael Bay is an idiot, he looks like a samurai. I'd compare it to the Twins, except A.) It's just a cultural stereotype instead of a negative one and B.) It doubles as an allusion to his Oscar nominated role in The Last Samurai.

Crosshairs: Crosshairs is an Autobot that constantly talks about wanting to take over. It feels like the film's implying that he's going to betray Optimus. However, he never actually betrays anyone. All this makes him an annoying character.

Not doing anything with the Dinobots: I was exited about the Dinobots actually showing up in the film. However, Bay and Kruger do absolutely nothing interesting with them. They just show up and the Autobots ride them. Also, at no point do the words "Me Grimlock" get spoken.

Not doing anything with Galvatron: The film sets up Galvatron, the re-born Megatron voiced by Frank Welker, as the main villain. Except he barely does anything of note and he ends the film by basically saying "Next time, Optimus, next time!!!"

The ugly:

The man-made Transformers' transformation: There's man-made Transformers in the film and their transformation sequence is different than normal Transformers. It's a good example of "Don't fix what's broken" since they look ugly and dumb.

Bumblebee's a child now: Kruger scaled back Bumblebee's maturity to obnoxious levels. While on a reconnaissance mission, the room he's hiding in is playing videos that talk about they based one of the man-made Transformers on Bumblebee, except better. This enrages Bumblebee, who then wrecks a prototype of the Transformer. Remember, he's on a reconnaissance mission!!

The scene above leads nowhere: You might assume that after the scene mentioned above, there'd be an exciting chase scene. However, none of that happens. The people working there see the prototype knocked down and a person they've never seen before and a car that looks out-of-place. And none of them find it suspicious.

Optimus and Lockdown's first fight: The hero and main villain of the film have their first fight. What do you do? If you're Michael Bay, you put it in the background of a boring car chase scene! It's like the fight scene from R.O.T.O.R.!

Kelsey Grammer: Grammer is the main human villain of the film and he's bad. He's not threatening and his death scene is hilarious.

Jack Reynor: Reynor plays Marh Wahlberg's daughter's boyfriend. He's an annoying actor and his character is dumb.

The father-daughter storyline: The storyline involving Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz is painful towatch. Mainly because it's a blatant rip-off of the father-daughter scenes from Armageddon, except dumber and the dad survives in this one.

The product placement: There's several wretched examples of product placement in the film. The dumbest is easily the scene where Tucci's character makes a Pill appear thanks to the Transformerite.

Nicola Peltz: Peltz gives what is easily the worst performance in the film. Granted, she's better than she was in The Last Airbender, but that's not saying much. I was hoping she'd get squished at several points. And by several points, I mean every time she's on-screen.

The love story: The scenes where Peltz and Reynor act lovey-dovey are absolutely painful to watch. At least he never plays with animals crackers on her belly.

The length: Michael Bay said this film would be two hours at most. He's a lying asshole! It's almost three hours and only has enough story for 80 minutes.

The action scenes: The action scenes are shockingly bad. I already mentioned the first Optimus/Lockdown fight, but I was just bored with the action in this.

Michael Bay: It's official: Bay doesn't care anymore. The only reason he did this movie was because it was the only way for Pain And Gain to get made. There's a line at the beginning about Hollywood just does re-boots and sequels nowadays and I can't help but think Bay was leveling his displeasure with doing another one.

Ehren Kruger: Kruger is a hack to the nth degree. He can't write to save his life and all of his scripts are awful. He is better than Kurtzman/Orci though.

In hindsight, I was too lenient of Dark Of The Moon when I reviewed it back in 2011. I gave it a C+ when it should have gotten a C-. Grade: F
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2014 at 12:33pm
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2014 at 11:33am
I am going to be writing an Article on how being a film critic is pretty much a thankless job. Whether a movie has a praising review or a Rotten Review, we are the bad guys.

Critique on film, TV shows, Music or whatever improves the Entertainment Industry. Reviews are for the consumers/audiences. People like Michael Bay, Adam Sandler and David Spade irritate me because they think Critics are just moustache twirling villains trying to destroy their profits. In reality, we are the ones trying to save people from killing their brain cells. Grown Ups 1&2, Jack and Jill and the Transformers movies just make people Dumber.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2014 at 12:55pm
Clap
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2014 at 6:04pm
My review of "Transformers: Age of Extinction"

f**k you Bay! You f**king f**k!

It may be simplistic, and I know that using bad language shows that you have a limited vocabulary but...I feel that this review best represents my feelings for the film...the franchise...and Michael Bay.
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2014 at 9:56am
I disagree with the point made below: If you're seeing Jack And Jill or a Grown Ups or Transformers sequel, there's a good chance you're already stupid. 

The only movies that can make someone dumber are horribly biased political documentaries. 

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

Grown Ups 1&2, Jack and Jill and the Transformers movies just make people Dumber.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2014 at 10:59am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: At the risk of stirring up a "hornet's nest," I'm curious: Do mean "biased documentaries" toward either end of the political spectrum, or specifically those that lean toward the far right/Tea Party end of the scale?? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>