Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > STEALTH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Another Oscar® Winner Bites the Big Berry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Oscar® Winner Bites the Big Berry
    Posted: August 07 2005 at 2:10pm

Will Jamie Foxx join Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, Liza Minnelli and Kim Basinger in the elite class of Past Oscar® Winners moving into the "Winners' Circle" at The RAZZIES®?? Sure looks like it, but WE WANNA KNOW YOUR VIEWZ...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:02am

In an article on the front page of today's L.A. Times (August 8, 2005) STEALTH was used as one of the examples of how the "action genre" has fallen out of favor with movie-goers, and fallen on hard times at the box office. Other titles sited include THE ISLAND and XXX #2:

http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/cl-et-action8aug08,0,2964 76.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 2:33am

Haven't seen this yet -- Maybe I'd better HURRY, since it looks like it'll disappear from theatres faster than a fighter jet!

If anyone HAS seen it -- Is STEALTH as STUPID as it looks?? And can ANYONE explain Jamie Foxx signing on for this as his follow-up to his Oscar-winning role in RAY?!?!?

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 10:08am
I got a better one: If they spend billions of dollars on these jets, why aren't they lightning proof!!
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 10:21am
STEALTH is bad...but not as bad as BORE OF THE WORLDS!
GIVE KIRK CAMERON THE RAZZING HE DESERVES!!!!!!
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 7:53am

If you think about it, Jamie Foxx pretty much HAD to have signed up to do this WAY before he was even nominated for RAY. However crappy it is, it was probably still  in production when Fox attended the Academy Awards in February.

Granted, he still signed on for a SUCKY script, but I don't think it's accurate to say he decided to make this AFTER he was an Oscar winner...

#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 2:29am

STEALTH was listed earlier this week in an L.A. TIMES article about 2005's lagging box office. Giving its budget as $135 millionTHE TIMES sez its Domestic B.O. to date is a mere $30 million -- OUCH!!! STEALTH was then lumped in with THE ISLAND as The Summer's Biggest "Box Office Disaster."

Here's a LINK to the article:

http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/cl-et-summer15aug15,0,463 7970.story?coll=cl-calendar

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
loor.vic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote loor.vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 4:55am
 Too bad films like STEALTH and THE ISLAND even get made! 
Guest View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 10:00am

Originally posted by loor.vic

Too bad films like STEALTH and THE ISLAND even get made! 

But then without cinematic sludge like STEALTH and THE ISLAND, what would we Razzie Voters get to make fun of every year??!

PhotoTJ View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote PhotoTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 9:51am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

In an article on the front page of today's L.A. Times (August 8, 2005) STEALTH was used as one of the examples of how the "action genre" has fallen out of favor with movie-goers, and fallen on hard times at the box office. Other titles sited include THE ISLAND and XXX #2:

Wouldn't have anything to do with these films stinkin' on ice, oh no.

If the Jamacan pirates don't get ya, it'll be the cold embrace of the sea. And that's no lovers kiss.
BooBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BooBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 10:51am

Over the Joblo.com, the greatest movie website in the world, (besides this one, that is) Jo himself FINALLY got around to seeing this Worst Picture contender, and was awfully generous in giving the film 4/10, But if you read his review, you'll notice that The Razzies get a mention in it. (He says that Jessica Biel could be serious contender)

Here's a link, read for yourself:

http://www.joblo.com/reviews.php?mode=joblo_movies&id=12 67

-BooBerry

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 2:24pm

I hate to argue, but I think Ain't it cool news ties even with JoBlo.com for coolest website.

However, I agree that this one deserves special mention.

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:37am

I have to admit that sometimes I am dumb.  I saw the Stealth DVD for $6.99 and thought "why not?".  So, it has now joined the DVD "Stepford Wives" on the lowest shelf under the TV.    Was that Jamie Foxx? yeah right, he's a good actor, and Sam Shepard?  He's good also!  Why do I keep forgetting that it's their agents who book these stupid roles?   Why do I forget how hard it is for agents to predict if a movie will be any good?

I read a lot of science, know military history etc., and am fully capable of suspending logical belief to be entertained.  But "Stealth" failed miserably to awe, to inspire, to entertain.   The jet was dumb enough,  but excuse me, do Navy pilots really talk like this?  Will the Navy  ever have a jet that gets a thousand miles to the gallon?  Why couldn't the wise guy have been white?  Why not have a jet that fouls up and crashes instead of becoming erratic?  Oh, it's a plot device?  Then self destruct the damn thing and end this stupid movie before it gets worse.    OOPS!  It did get worse, ignore that previous remark.    I wasted $6.99 plus tax, but if it keeps fellow Razzies from doing the same, then I will consider the sacrifice worth it.

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 5:53pm

How did this one miss the RAZZIES last year????

Response from Head RAZZberry: We listed it in several places on our 2005 Nominating Ballot, and even showed a clip or two from STEALTH at our Members Only Pre-Vue Nite event. But apparently not enough of our 700+ members saw it (or not enough of them hated it enough?) for it to make the final five in any category. Like I explain every year: Even WE can't RAZZ every bad movie -- There's just too may of 'em!!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
 Post Reply Post Reply