Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > RV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RV Wouldn’t Make a Good VR (Video Rental)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RV Wouldn’t Make a Good VR (Video Rental)
    Posted: April 24 2006 at 4:47pm

ROBIN WILLIAMS, TWO TEEN-AGED KIDS, ANGRY SQUIRRELS, RED-NECK FELLOW TRAVELERS and 100 MINUTES of YOUR LIFE YOU'LL NEVER GET BACK...and ALL from "BERRY" SONNENFELD, the RAZZIE® "WINNING" DIRECTOR of WILD WILD WEST.

I.E. if IT'S R.V. ...WHY BOTHER?!?!

That all-too-familiar sinking feeling...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MJ Narcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 3:47am
This movie looks like it will do for RV's what a certain Alfred Hitchcock movie did for pet birds.

BTW, I'm surprised that "Stick It" didn't make it, with lines like, "It's not called gym-NICE-tics," and "'Call me.','Stalk you.'"
Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 8:06pm

Robin Williams? I don't know him anymore. He was one of the best actors. But that was a long time ago.

But we have a ROBBIE Williams now. Ever heard of him?

MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MJ Narcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 2:26am

I'd rather watch a washed-up has been actor than a dude who rips off his own flesh in music videos...  Dead 

Originally posted by Guests

Robin Williams? I don't know him anymore. He was one of the best actors. But that was a long time ago.

But we have a ROBBIE Williams now. Ever heard of him?

Guests View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 6:36pm

This is how I see it.

Robin Williams finally got his oscar in 1997 and then since he reached his goal, he decided that he could do whatever he wants. Hey, why not? I mean really, that's how it works. Has Dustin Hoffman done anything really great after WAG THE DOG. And Jane Fonda since...well it's been a long time. *Note*Don't see Monster-in-Law if you have any serious health problems.*

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 5:04am

To be fair, Jeff Daniels and Kristen Chenoweth have been getting good reviews for their roles.

fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 1:43pm
Clearly just from the TV spots it's the same old story every single studio trots out claiming to be a family storyline.  David Marciano's Detective Ray Vecchio would sum this up best with one of his quotes from Due South:  "No one's listening, and no one cares." 
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 6:29pm
Oh, I see a RAZZIE WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS nod for JoJo, the Brat
you'd love to strangle...
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 1:26am
She'll get a nod, but not for this...she was far worse in Aquamarine.
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 11:10am

Really, it seems that all children in so-called family films these days are arrogant, greedy self-centered jerks who, to be perfect frank, you would be glad to see shot 58 times in a mob drive-by shooting. 

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 12:42pm

Probably the worst thing you can say about this film is that it lacks originality entirely. Its not good, but probably not bad enough for serious Razzie contention.

My biggest beef was with the people who made the film, rather than the film itself. About 30 years ago, in his novel Centennial, James Michener warned that the day would soon come when if you wanted to see the wild, unspoiled beauty of Colorado, you'd have to go to Wyoming.

Evidently the people who made this movie not only took Michener at his word, but went a step farther bypassing Wyoming and going all the way to the Canadian Rockies as the backdrop for this film. Hey, admittedly too many people are moving here, and some of the state's beauty and unspoiled wilderness have given way. But things aren't so bad that we have to go to Canada to film a movie about Colorado!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 6:42am
RV stands for Ruined Video...
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 3:57pm
Robin Williams is not that bad of a comedian, but he can do much better comedies than this one. After two weeks, the movie made over $32 million at the B.O.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 9:02am
Personally I think Robin Williams is a great actor, I've liked every one of his three bad guy roles ( One hour photo, Insomnia, yes, even Death to Smoochy). I think he's very good when he's serious and usually good when he's funny.
Loi13 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Loi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:41pm
I saw it.  It was actually pretty funny up into this point where the family went through this water chute and came out "changed".  They were getting along and happy.  I couldn't figure out how.  Me and my family said that what they didn't tell you was that they were baptists. 
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 9:14am

By no means am I saying that this is close to being Robin Williams best work. However, it is a far cry better than "Benchwarmers" or "Nacho Libre". At least I laughed in most of the right places at RV and was not scratching my head wondering, "What just happened there???".

R.V. Movie Stills: Robin Williams, Cheryl Hines, Joanna

On a serious note: Hopefully, Robin will get his personal demons under control, and start doing quality films again. I truly do respect him as an actor, and a human being...

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>