Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > M-I-III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Cruise: IMPOSSIBLE to Ignore?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: The Reviews on M-I-3 Are Good, But What About Cruise Himself??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[4.76%]
[9.52%]
[73.81%]
[7.14%]
[4.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AllisonSNLKid View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tom Cruise: IMPOSSIBLE to Ignore?!?!
    Posted: December 28 2006 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

I saw it this weekend, it was actually a big improvement over the first two MI films and way better than War of the Worlds. The entire cast was good in this film (Yes, that includes Cruise.). 

My boyfriend yelled into an open movie theater during "War of the Worlds" that it was a shame that Tom Cruise dies at the end...which cracked up everyone leaving who went to see "Wedding Crashers."

Allison :-)

"It's like some people do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad." - Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) "Wayne's World"
AllisonSNLKid View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 12:20pm

During the summer of 2005, I interned at a television station in Philadelphia, PA (CBS-3/KYW-TV).  The top two topics of the summer of '05 at CBS-3: Tom Cruise and Terrell "T.O." Owens.  One an international celebrity expressing his otherwordly ideas, the other a local (thankfully, no longer local) celebrity expressing his disgust for everyone who isn't him.  I don't know what was more painful to listen to.  However, the AP wire was full of Cruise stories, and our producers loved nothing more than to get the next Tom Cruise story on the air, which was always giggle worthy during the 4 o'clock news.

The couch jumping bonanza was a laugh-riot at the station, but we ladies all agreed - he was hot in "Top Gun."  Yeah.

Allison :-)

"It's like some people do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad." - Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) "Wayne's World"
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2006 at 11:06am
Not that I don't agree with L Ron's #1 Sun needing a butt whooping, but as Sandman stated the cruise$emeister usually makes a good film. The only reason why Redstone gave him the door is due to his big flapping mouth costing Redstone Paramounts share of M-I-III (Believe me Tom got his!). As much as I know that most people in this forum would like for Tom to completely fall on his Ass (He did however stumble with this one) it will not be for this film, Maybe the next one if he has not learned his lesson.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 5:04am
I think Crui$emeister is the most overrated actor in the history of Hollywood. I'm glad Redstone kicked his ass.
Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 2:29am
I agree with Sanndman, I thought "M: I: 3" was good. Better than number two.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2006 at 12:06pm
Fine I admit it, I think Tom's a good actor, he was good in MI:3, Collateral, Magnolia, and Minority Report.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 7:06pm
I saw this movie, it was very loud!  
It was'nt bad,  really, but I knew the ending and that kinda takes the fun out of it.   The special effects were good,  very over the top, lots of flaming cars and LOUD explosions.
  I was watching this TV show that the movie is based on  ( in black and white) the year I started high school.  My friends and I were big fans.  We loved this show, we loved the "Man from Uncle" and "The Twilight Zone",  we laughed at "Mr Ed" and the "Beverly Hillbillys" and every one argued that the Rolling stones were better then The Beatles.
Now I watch movies in brillant color with super duper special effects and surround sound.  I watch movies that purport to be "improvements" on old classic movies and TV shows.  I can't understand the dialog when the actors whisper or grunt thier dialog but the explosions are incredibly LOUD!  The worse thing about these remakes is this: I don't understand why anyone would want to remake anything.    Where is the American urge to be different?  
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:52pm
Three weeks already of Mission Implausible-3 and a world wide income about 220 mio.
This means there is no profit for the studio yet:
50% go to distributors and theatres. This means only 110 mio is left for the studio...
production-costs: 150 mio
promotion-costs: 50 mio
Then Crui$emeister gets 25% (something round 55 mio)(which is what I heard)
That is not what I would exactly call a profit now. Am I being wrong here?
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 4:40pm
Well, not quite a real improvement, but, maybe a little bit. But I'm sure you'll finally get it down soon. At least you can type English words really well, and that's a sign of improvement.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 4:05pm

But still no real improvement, right? And this is why you told me so in the first place. Sometimes I do have understanding problems but I am not always sure if it was a linguistic problem.

Really, everybody is welcome to correct me anytime.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 4:03pm
No, no, of course not, you're getting it down really well, and I'm really impressed about it.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 4:01pm
But I am. What did really bother you? Is it so bad?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 3:59pm
Anyway, I want you to do a favor. Just try and keep working on your English skills.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by sportsartist24

are you really from Germany?

Yes. Why do you ask? It is obvious that I am not a native speaker, so I might as well say where I am really from. (and very nice of you that you allow me no further improvement on my "skills".  I am very embarrassed actually. I was expecting more from myself. )

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 2:28pm
No problem. So, tell me, Queen, are you really from Germany? Anyway, I do understand you haven't improved on your English skills.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 10:42am
Then my apologies. Still no improvement in my English "skills".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>