Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > Official Stuff for ROCKY BALBOA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

TRAILER for ROCKY BALBOA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote callofduty06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAILER for ROCKY BALBOA
    Posted: July 26 2006 at 12:18pm

The first trailer with full scenes and dialogue from ROCKY BALBOA has been released Here's a LINK to check it out... 

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/mf/frame?theme=minfo&lid=wmv- 700-p.1445135-168966,wmv-56-p.1445132-168966,wmv-100-p.14451 33-168966,wmv-300-p.1445134-168966,wmv-28-p.1445132-168966&a mp;a mp;a mp;a mp;id=1809278368&f=1809278368&mspid=1809721960&t ype=t 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Whoa! It sure LOOKS like a Contender! My favorite dialogue line: "I ain't interested in, like, gettin' mangled and embarrassed." My reponse: So why'd you make this movie, then?? Seems to me yer ASKIN' to get "mangled and embarrassed" -- by critics and Razzie voters alike...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 6:42am

RAZZ; Too bad there's not a Razzie category for Worst Movie Trailer...looks like we'd have a contender!

I am 98% certain ROCKY BALBOA will be exactly what we've all feared since we got word that they green-lighted this travesty!

"YO HeadRAZZBerry...I Dare Yah to come in the Razzie Ring with me one more time!"  

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
zicofirol View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote zicofirol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:48am

Hey, I'm new to the Forum. I just had to register to say how embarassing it is to watch that trailer -- Stallone really has no shame...

I dont know how or why people would want to watch the entire film... although I might be intersted to see how bad it could really be  

Response from Head RAZZberry: First off, welcome aboard! And second off, having to sit through stuff like ROCKY BALBOA is one of the downsides of being a RAZZIE Member. But if the film's as bad (in a funny way) as ROCKY XVII looks like it will be, there's some amusement to be had as well... 

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 11:59pm

"Let's start building some hurtin' bombs." ????????????????

Why do I get the feeling that line came straight out of one of Sly's production meetings?

Response from Head RAZZberry: Come RAZZIE Nominations time, I expect we may have a few "hurtin' bombs" of our own to hurl...

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 12:04am
Count me out...after watching the trailer and seeing that "Let's start making some hurtin' bombs" line. I'm passing...at least until it hits the Fox Thursday Crappy Late Night Movie.  I just wonder who had to put on knee pads to get Bob Costas in this stinker...and how did he keep a straight face while doing that "greatest of all time" schtick?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 4:07am

Just saw the trailer. and it was down right embarrassing! I'm still trying to figure out if he lifted the dialog from old episodes of "Romper Room"!  

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, I think he may have lifted some of his characters' rejoinders from a moth-eaten copy of PLAYGROUND BULLY TAUNTS FOR DUMMIES...

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 4:44am
YO! (and also YUCK!) -- If that's the best material they have to make a trailer with, it looks like Sly's a Shoo-In for that Worst Career Razzie... 
Everything SUX!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 6:29am
Somebody's already seen a sneak preview / rough cut of Rocky Balboa and has posted a review on IMDB. Here's the LINK --  Sounds like another tepid, mediocre sequel...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
callofduty06 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote callofduty06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 8:48am

The IMDb reviewer is complimenting Stallone on his "fantastic performance" in this movie, so I guess he won't be getting a Worst Actor nomination then...

or is it gonna be given to him anyway? 

Response from Head RAZZberry: This year's nominations will be determined at year's end -- After ROCKY BALBOA has been released. If it turns out Sly has actually managed to make a good movie in spite of all the odds, we won't nominate him for Worst Actor (just like we didn't nominate him as Worst Actor for COPLAND). But saying we're NOT going to nominate him based on one Internet review (which could well have been posted by someone with an interest in promoting the movie)?? I don't think so!

zicofirol View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote zicofirol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by callofduty06

The IMDb reviewer is complimenting Stallone on his "fantastic performance" in this movie, so I guess he won't be getting a Worst Actor nomination then...

or is it gonna be given to him anyway? 

I am not sure how biased that reviewer was. He probably is a Stallone or Rocky fan, considering that a lot of people actually like rocky 2-4 (some even like #5). I wont judge it till I see it. But I think I'll see it just to see how bad it is...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 2:26am

I bet you 10 to 1 that #1 Sly Fan posted that review on IMDB and since in his eyes "Dah Sly Guy can do no wrong" for him he honestly thought that it could be an "Oscar Winning performance"!

We must remember however who populates the Sly Fan Base.

Words to live by:
callofduty06 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote callofduty06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 3:04am
I also seriosuly doubt that #1 Sly Fan is intelligent enough to write a detailed review like that. And besides, it's from AICN, so I'm not sure how reliable the review is. But come the release date, we'll find out how truly bad (or good?) it is...
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 3:54am

RESPONSE To callofduty06:

You are a correct...I doubt very seriously he could have written that intelligent of a review. However, he could have paid someone to do it for him (only kidding)!

Seriously though, after reading the review, it just sums up pretty much what I thought anyways. Stallone has squeezed the last ounce of blood from this already past dead franchise to satisfy his own self-importance. It may appease the die hard Stallone Fan (like #1 Sly Fan) who just wants to see "Rocky" get in the ring for the 100th time. But there is no realism or even sentiment as to why we should even care. I will see it for $2.00 at the mark down theater (as I stated before) but will pass on it until then. I don't want to be the major cause for another resurrection of a franchise that is long past dead, like "Mick" in the Rocky series itself.

One thing is probably guaranteed, will get a few laughs along the way out of the Sly Guy "Not embarrassing himself"!

Words to live by:
#1 Sly Fan View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 4:08am

Yo, Pitiful Stallone-Haters -- NO, it was not me who wrote that almost glowing review of Rocky Balboa on the IMDb. And I doubt it was anyone with a steak in the movie either, since not everything they said was favorable. It'll be interesting to see if the character he says everyone "hated" gets cut out of the picture.

Anyways, it looks like maybe you guys are wrong about Stallone AGAIN... And as a long-time Sly fan who was already anxiously awaiting this film's release, I just wanted to say that that review wetted my appetite even more!!  

Response from Head RAZZberry: We welcome posters of all opinions on this Forum, especially when they're as funny as yours so often are. I think you meant "whetted" your appetite, not "wetted" -- Although I almost "wetted" my pants laughing the first time I saw the trailer for ROCKY BALBOA. I, too, am now even more anxiously awaiting its release. Guess we'll find out come Christmas if ROCKY XVII grants Duh Sly Guy's holiday wishes...or ours!

YO: Quit Pickin' on Stallone!!
#1 Sly Fan View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 4:21am
Okay, so I mis-spelled something...BFD. Bottom line: Stallone doesn't makes movies for self-important snots like you guys, he makes movies for guys like me. And come this Christmas, I bet you'll be disappointed to see just how many die-hard Stallone fans there still are. You'll probably go ahead and give Sly that "career" award even if Rocky Balboa is a huge box office hit. But if it is a hit, and you still insult my idol anyway, you'll look like a bunch of spoiled jerks doing it...not that you don't look like jerks already!
YO: Quit Pickin' on Stallone!!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 4:38am

Nice to see you too #1 Sly Fanyou're just like your Idol:  You just keep coming back, even after swearing not to step into the ring again.

Anyways, Once again I think you are "overlooking" some of the finer details of the review of "He who can do no wrong," like for example:

"The Mason Dixon character played by Antonio Tarver is about as cardboard as can be"

"Rocky enters the ring to Sinatra singing “High Hopes” which was done for comedy, but it felt almost too silly."

"There is some stuff where it goes black and white and only the blood is red. I don’t think this works like Sly wanted it to; it just comes off as distracting"

"We see various scenes of Rocky Jr. ignoring his dad and we also see Rocky make at least, no kidding here, 4 more trips of Adrian’s grave" (I think he said 7 total in the interview)

And here is an actual line of dialog, which was my favorite part of the whole review (it had me laughing for almost 10 minutes): "She didn’t leave me Paulie, she Died!" Yo, Sly ,we sorta already figured that part out for ourselves. (See reference to the 4 or more trips to the grave site).

So, all in all, we both have different views: You see it as a possible Oscar Winner; Me, along with I believe everybody else in this forum, see it as possibly being Stallone's crowning Razzie achievement.  

Response from Head RAZZberry: Given what a whiny, kvetching character she had become through the four previous ROCKY sequels, I am torn as to whether Adrian being dead in this new movie is a good thing, or a bad thing. True, we won't have to listen to her shriek "You can't win!" 27 times like she did in ROCKY IV. But her being dead also means one less guaranteed RAZZIE nomination for the film (Talia Shire was an Oscar Nominee for the original ROCKY 30 years ago, and a RAZZIE Nominee for both of the last two sequels). Guess we'll have to hope they compensate by coming up with an awful end title song we can nominate. To tie in with Rocky's age in this film, I'd like to suggest a song title: "Gonna Fart Now!" 

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>