Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > TRAILER TRASH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

TRAILER TRASH...2014 Edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRAILER TRASH...2014 Edition
    Posted: July 31 2014 at 10:58am
INTO THE WOODS:

This is a mix of 3 things that have been done to death:

1) Dark adaptations of fairy tales.
2) Musical adaptations of fairy tales.
3) Adaptations of fairy tales that combine several characters.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 11:37am
Yeah, but this story actually was created WAY before a lot of the stuff you see today.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by JacobD

GTAHater767, fine watch the first Mad Max movie if you really want to, just don't be surprised by the lazily written script that doesn't go anywhere. PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out Beyond Thunderdome at some point. From Oscar-winning composer Maurice Jarre's masterful score to the unbelievable cinematography, it is truly an unforgettable experience. Also, I heard both the Ghost Rider sequel and especially A Thousand Words were terrible, but have you actually seen either of those movies, or are you judging them based off their Rotten Tomatoes scores? News flash: critics don't know everything. 

Upon another glance, I realize the pro critics actually gave Beyond Thunderdome an A- in the approval rating, and only 32,500 of the 65,000 commoners liked it. Basically, though pro crix seemed to love it, the public at large was sharply divided. I'm starting to remember: That's why it was an Honorable Mention on my list of the Retro Top 40 Movies of '985.

I may not have seen Spirit of Vengeance or A Thousand Words, but that doesn't change the facts that you heard they were terrible, and that they both had less than 20% approval rating. (A Thousand Words had a "Goose Egg"!) I'm more in touch with statistics at the cost of being less in touch with emotions, so even if the critics could be misinformed, if the approval rating scrapes the bottom of the barrel, and I hear it's as terrible as that approval rating, I confirm to myself that I'm statistically more likely not to like a film. Sure, I may like it or perhaps find it mediocre, but with films as bad as A Thousand Words, that's quite a longshot!

By the way, when I referenced A Good Day to Die Hard, I didn't realize until today that I'd meant to say Live Free or Die Hard, but I'd been exhausted at the moment I typed that and got the two titles mixed up amidst my sluggish brain function. I meant to say that Live Free or Die Hard, despite coming a decade after Die Hard With a Vengeance, was better, but not better than Die Hard 1 and Die Harder.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 8:25pm
oh, good then. Phew, I thought you were defending what has been called by a ton of people one of the decades worst movies so far. Out of curiousity, what didn't you like about the 3rd Die Hard movie as much as the first 2. Just asking because its one of my all-time favorite action movies as well as my favorite Die Hard movie.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 8:32pm
Also, I was offended by your use of the term "commoners" to describe average movie-goers who go to the movies not because they're elitist snobs who see film as an art form and nothing else, but to be genuinely entertained. I wouldn't use that word again because it gives off the impression you that you think yourself or even a few critics are more qualified to talk about what movies suck and vice versa than general audiences, which I find to be intellectual BULLsh*t, if you mind my saying. I find your blind loyalty to the Tomatometer depressing and outright Sickenening.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 8:41pm
And I'm not saying critics are always wrong and audiences are always right or that its the other way around: I am just noting that everyone has their own individual opinion and that judging whether a movie is good or bad based on what other FILM CRITICS have said without bothering to see the film yourself is as ignorant as you can get. Spielberg's A.I. is in the mid-to-low %70s on RT yet I completely believe (once again, in my OPINION) it is the single greatest and most important film in the history of the cinema.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 8:45pm
By the way, Into the Woods looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Its definitely looking like it will be a big Oscar contender this year and I cannot wait until it comes out. plus, I'm a huge Anna Kendrick fan. Hot and talented=double trouble!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 8:50pm
I too think DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE is better than DIE HARDER. However, I find A.I. to be decent. It was planned by Kubrick (before he died) and Spielberg. The former wanted the story to be tragic and the latter wanted it to be sad but touching. The end result was messy.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 9:49pm
Are "Common audiences" and "lay audiences" any more offensive than "commoners"? I've lost track of how the word "commoners" came so deeply into my vocabulary, only that I'm used to using it as a blanket term for "people besides the professionals".

I don't suppose that what I'm about to say will give it enough credit for your liking, but I looked at the award show accolades that A.I.: Artificial Intelligence received, checked the Box Office Mojo planetary grosses, then saw the B from pro critics and B- from commoners, then named it the 40th best film on my Top & Bottom 40 Films of '001. Especially considering that there were about 300-350 movies made in that year, 40th place is still special honor.

Other than that... well, this is going to be hideously blunt, and I'm known to turn to bluntness and strong, harsh opinions when I'm upset, but... there's nothing more I can say to appease you.

And besides the aforementioned The Legend of Hercules, Transformers: Age of Extinction, A Haunted House 2, Transcendence, and Walk of Shame, these are the other 20 films I wouldn't think twice about voting for in the RAZZIES, to date. They are color-coded by month:

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
The Nut Job
Ride Along
Devil's Due
I, Frankenstein
That Awkward Moment
Vampire Academy
Winter's Tale
Endless Love [remake]
Pompeii '014
3 Days to Kill
Need For Speed
The Single Moms' Club
David Ayer's Sabotage
Nick Cassavetes' The Other Woman
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return
Blended
Think Like a Man Too
Tammy
Sex Tape
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 27; The November Man.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 11:25pm
You and I can agree to disagree then, I suppose. Know that I will give you 100# of my support for Trannies #4 and Transcendence. Especially Tammy (internet high five)!!!! Legend of Hercules I have yet to see, but I'll let everyone know my thoughts once I have. Also, sorry if I pissed you off but you just sounded like you actually believed "professional critics" existed at some higher level than general audiences which, as stated before is pure intellectual BULLsh*t. And you're right that I give that Top 40 info no credibility whatsoever. But it was nice to know nonetheless.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 11:27pm
Also Vits, even though I disagree w/ you I acknowledge a lot of people share your feelings toward A.I. and I respect them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213