Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > COMPLETE LIST of 2010 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

TWELVE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TWELVE
    Posted: November 12 2010 at 3:54am
HOW ABOUT LAW & ORDER: THE ST. ELMO'S FIRE EDITION? . . .

ST. ELMO'S FIREDC CABTHE NUMBER 23THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERADYING YOUNGBATMAN FOREVERBATMAN & ROBIN.

SOME PEOPLE MAY POINT TO 8MM, VERONICA GUERIN OR THE MORE POPULAR FALLING DOWN OR FLATLINERS AS PERHAPS BEING GOOD MOVIES.  HOWEVER, THERE IS NO DENYING THAT DIRECTOR JOEL SCHUMACHER HAS MORE OFTEN ATTRACTED THE INTEREST OF THE RAZZIES, HIS MOVIES GARNERING SEVERAL NOMINATIONS AND EVEN A FEW WINS. 

AND SO, IN 2010, SCHUMACHER PRESENTS US HIS ADAPTATION OF TWELVE, THE TITLE REFERRING TO A DESIGNER DRUG IN A "SELF-ABSORBED RICH KIDS GONE BAD" BESTELLER BY NICK MCDONNELL.  THE BOOK HAS BEEN FAVORABLY COMPARED TO LESS THAN ZERO.  SCHUMACHER'S MOVIE, ON THE OTHER HAND, HAS BEEN DERIDED AS A LESS THAN ZERO RETREAD.  PERHAPS WE SHOULD GO INTO THE NEGATIVE NUMBERS FOR THIS MOVIE?

WHILE IT'S TRUE BOTCHING BOOKS IS A GRAND HOLLYWOOD TRADITION, WITH TWELVE, SCHUMACHER HAS STRUCK A NERVE EVEN WITH THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO READ THE BOOK. . . .

SO, YOU MAY FIND DOING NOTHING BUT WATCHING YOUR SKIN WRINKLE FOR TWO HOURS IS MORE FUN THAN WATCHING A BUNCH OF NARCISSISTIC WELL-TO-DO'S RUIN THEIR LIVES IN AN ALL-TOO-FAMILIAR TALE. . . OR YOU MAY FIND JOY IN LAMBASTING THIS DISAPPOINTING DREARINESS FROM A DIRECTOR WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER BY NOW.

Twelve

"YEP, THAT RIGHT THERE SURE LOOKS LIKE A SCHUMACHER MOVIE. . ."

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 4:05am
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 4:07am
Since I found myself recommending this movie for a number of RAZZIE nominations, it seemed I should create a page for it while I was at it, if for any other reason to explain why I felt this limited release movie deserved our attention.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 9:31am
This is what happens when a CW series and an after school special breed and have a baby!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 2:52pm
I'm going to follow your steps, cvcjr, and add some bad movies myself.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 1:50pm
My opinion on this movie should be obvious.LOL
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

My opinion on this movie should be obvious.LOL
I think you LOVE (to hate) it!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply