Official RAZZIEョ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIEョ MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > NEXT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Two Minutes from Now, You値l FORGET This!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Minutes from Now, You値l FORGET This!
    Posted: May 30 2007 at 6:33am

FOLLOWING UP on HIS HILARIOUSLY AWFUL, RAZZIE-NOMINATED PERFORMANCE in WICKER MAN LAST YEAR, and HIS FLAMINGLY RAZZIE-ELIGIBLE TURN AS GHOST RIDER THIS YEAR, NICOLAS CAGE LOOKS LIKE a PRIME WORST ACTOR CONTENDER AGAIN for 2007, EVEN WITHOUT THIS ESP-THEMED, CRITICALLY REEMED "THRILLER." 

DO YOU SEE a RAZZIE in HIS FUTURE, TOO?? FEEL FREE to POST YER COMMENTS BELOW...

Cage: "How much longer 'till I finally get my long overdue Worst Actor RAZZIE??"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 2:23pm
What's NEXT for Cage? Well, so much! He has two more films due out this year, there's Bangkok Dangerous, a remake of the 2000 foreign film with the same title, and National Treasure: Book of Secrets, due out at around Christmastime. It follows the 2004 film, National Treasure. I did enjoy National Treasure, it had some outstanding action and thriller scenes, but I also know that not all critics liked the film at all. On RT, NT has a 42% approval from critics, so it wasn't anywhere near being a RAZZIE contender. There's a total of 156 reviews, 65 fresh, and 91 rotten. Here's a LINK to look at the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for National Treasure...http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/national_treasure/
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 12:09pm

There are just so many turkeys  that can be added to this forum (but at least this one was added). I think Cage is purposefully trying to ruin his career. I can't think of any other explanation why he keeps doing one forgetable action movie after another...

I'm also surprised that the HeadRAZZ didn't pick MR. BROOKS as Worst New Movie of the Weak. I figured he would be all over a movie with both Kevin Costner and Demi Moore (two actors the razzies love to hate). Plus, it has Dane Cook as a wannabe serial killer! 

Response from Head RAZZberry:  While many of the reviews on MR. BROOKS have mentioned the RAZZIES (LINK) its overall approval rating on RT now stands above 50% (LINK) -- Low enough to get it rated "Rotten," but hardly low enough to be in RAZZIE territory. And some of those reviews reminding readers of Costner's RAZZIE Pedigree are also calling BROOKS the finest performance of his career (faint praise, albeit, but praise none-the-less).

For those concerned that this week had no Worst of the Weak pick, next week brings HOSTEL: PART II and SURF'S UP -- Neither of which are apparently being screened for critics, and both of which seem to have RAZZIE potential... 

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2007 at 11:29am
I don't think Nic Cage should get Razzies for this or Ghost Rider. I thought he did an excellent job with these movies. But he's forced to co-star with actresses who cannot act. This goes for Jessica Biel, who is a hot commodity on the red carpet and in tabloids, but was awful in Next. There are plenty of others like her, including Jessica Simpson (who can have a charming presence, if only her dad wouldn't choose her upcoming films) and Keira Knightley (I'm sorry, but words can't express how bad her performance was in the latest Pirates of the Carribean). So don't put all the blame on Cage. After I saw clips of his acting in The Wicker Man, I think he's back to speed. Hopefully he'll pick better projects.

I don't know if Surf's Up will be hidden from critics. Recent promos had early word on the film, which is nothing but praise. But let's hope it can hold onto that promise. A mockumentary in a children's film has chances of working.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 3:16am
Originally posted by jb razz

There are just so many turkeys  that can be added to this forum (but at least this one was added). I think Cage is purposefully trying to ruin his career. I can't think of any other explanation why he keeps doing one forgetable action movie after another...

I'm also surprised that the HeadRAZZ didn't pick MR. BROOKS as Worst New Movie of the Weak. I figured he would be all over a movie with both Kevin Costner and Demi Moore (two actors the razzies love to hate). Plus, it has Dane Cook as a wannabe serial killer! 

Response from Head RAZZberry:  While many of the reviews on MR. BROOKS have mentioned the RAZZIES (LINK) its overall approval rating on RT now stands above 50% (LINK) -- Low enough to get it rated "Rotten," but hardly low enough to be in RAZZIE territory. And some of those reviews reminding readers of Costner's RAZZIE Pedigree are also calling BROOKS the finest performance of his career (faint praise, albeit, but praise none-the-less).

For those concerned that this week had no Worst of the Weak pick, next week brings HOSTEL: PART II and SURF'S UP -- Neither of which are apparently being screened for critics, and both of which seem to have RAZZIE potential... 

Rotten Tomatoes has given both Surf's Up and Ocean 13 pretty good ratings as of today both Surf's up and Ocean 13 are at 69 % 67 %
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 6:12am
This film was boring and pointless.
Kenny View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 7:46am

It felt like a rough cut, unfinished and like it was missing maybe 20-30 minutes. The ending was horrid. Cage probably will get a Razzie nomination. He wasn't really bad in this nor Ghost Rider, but he might deserve it, just because he keeps choosing terrible scripts, one after another.

Both Jessica Biel and (surprisingly) Julianne Moore were terrible. Both worthy Razzie-contenders!

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 3:51am
Nic Cage should be considered for WORST ON-SCREEN COUPLE for anyone he shares the screen in this movie and "Ghost Rider".
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 1:48pm
Well, this movie was completely forgotten alright. I'm sure you all know what I mean by that.
SaintSmythe View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SaintSmythe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 10:07pm
A guy who has the ability to see two minutes into the future uses his ability to gamble and pick up women before being asked by the government to help locate a nuclear warhead that could wipe out billions of people.

That sounds like a pitch for a comedy to me, and I really think this would have been better done as a comedy.

Hell, they could probably make this *into* a comedy in a few years and it would be a smashing success.

You could probably also have Nic Cage and Jessica Biel star in it again. :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 10:31am
I almost didn't like this. The ending was atrocious. However, it wasn't as bad as the ending to "Femme Fatale", which was on a few nights ago. I am surprised that escaped Razzie-free...
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
SlammyFewFew View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SlammyFewFew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:24pm
Very, very forgettable
I completely forgot what I saw
Hated the end
Nick Cage is one of the least believable actors to me
he erks me when he is on screen!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 3:48am

I saw this movie and I liked it a lot. It's very sophisticated and thought provoking, if you ask me. I liked the ending (don't know what's wrong with you people!). Probably because it was out of your comfort zone, you guys didn't like it. So spoilers ahead for the ending:

I liked it because they tried a different way to end it "happily". It's very obvious that he stopped the bomb. The point of the ending was to not show you what happens, yet you already know what would happen, and you wouldn't want to see him mess up several more times to go back and do something different the next time. Eventually, he would have found a way to stop the bomb, and that's that. But they ended it the way they did because he wouldn't get it right the first few times...

END SPOILERS

All in all, very fun and entertaining movie.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 9:15am
We understood the meanin'of the endin',but after comin'to this forums,or discussin'with people,but no one uderstood it inmediately,and people left the theatre angry.He could've give a better final narration or somethin'.

Even if the endin'was good,it's no excuse for the plot holes,like what's the deal with LIZ?Does she has powers too?The last time I saw plot holes like this was with JUMPER,but that's better'cuz they wanted to make a sequel.This one wasn't planned to have one,and since it flopped,it's not gon'na have one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:46pm
Yeah, as mentioned above, the HUGE, GAPPING plot hole of Cage only being able to see two minutes into the future, but then was some how able to see DAYS into the future is what ruined this movie. Not the ending being a cliffhanger, but that they set up a rule and then broke it without explaination.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Yeah, as mentioned above, the HUGE, GAPPING plot hole of Cage only being able to see two minutes into the future, but then was some how able to see DAYS into the future is what ruined this movie. Not the ending being a cliffhanger, but that they set up a rule and then broke it without explaination.

Well, they did explain it, although it ended up being cliched. I'm a huge, huge supporter of this film but Cage stated that when he looks into the future of his girlfriend, it can go on for days. This is why the ending is not a cliffhanger. We, the audience, is left to assume that he'll EVENTUALLY find out a way to stop the bomb from exploding but just not yet. It may seem like a cliffhanger, but, instead, it's a unique way of saying he saved the day. That's why I liked the ending.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>