Official RAZZIEョ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIEョ MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > NEXT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Two Minutes from Now, You値l FORGET This!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Minutes from Now, You値l FORGET This!
    Posted: February 08 2010 at 8:35pm
No, that's still a gapping plot hole since they didn't explain why Jessica Biel's future is an exception to the rule. In the end, he didn't save anything, because the entire movie you just watched didn't happen, which is just a big b**** slap in the face of the audience. Dude, it was a chillfhanger, there was no closure. For all we know, he will fail to stop the bomb no matter what.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 4:58am
I don't know, after reading more of your post, you seem to really like movies that are gimmicked up, with plot twists and "irony" and no closure. For most critics and audiences, we like this thing called "story structure". You know, beginning, middle, and end? Yeah, this movie didn't have that last part, no matter how much you try to defend it, it just didn't. I like movies with structure, not gimmicks.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 7:18am
And even if the endin'was "good",it doesn't matter,'cuz all of you who "understood" it didn't understand until a while later,and that means ev'ryone left the theatre mad.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 12:58pm

They had every right to be mad, the whole movie was one big c***tease. I don't know why anyone would want to defend a movie with the biggest metor creater sized plot hole in the history of filmmaking ... until "Transformers 2" came along, that was an entire metor shower.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

No, that's still a gapping plot hole since they didn't explain why Jessica Biel's future is an exception to the rule. In the end, he didn't save anything, because the entire movie you just watched didn't happen, which is just a big b**** slap in the face of the audience. Dude, it was a chillfhanger, there was no closure. For all we know, he will fail to stop the bomb no matter what.

Uh-huh. You say he wouldn't stop the bomb. Why not? He can go back where he started everytime he fails. how could he not find a way to stop the bomb? The audience is left to assume that he'll eventually find a way to stop the bomb. He may need to take 100 more turns to finally get it right or maybe even one more time, but that doesn't change the fact that he will eventually find a way to defeat the baddies and save the day.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Uh-huh. You say he wouldn't stop the bomb. Why not? He can go back where he started everytime he fails. how could he not find a way to stop the bomb? The audience is left to assume that he'll eventually find a way to stop the bomb. He may need to take 100 more turns to finally get it right or maybe even one more time, but that doesn't change the fact that he will eventually find a way to defeat the baddies and save the day.

But it's not 100% sure that he'll stop it,and that's the point.
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Vits

Yes, see, that's my. We have no f***ing clue if he does stop it or not. That is why it's a CLIFFHANGER. But I can point this out a million times, but it looks like it won't matter. And seeing as how this movie is 3 years old and didn't win any Razzies, it's pointless to be talking about it anyway.
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 7:53pm

I find it highly unlikely for a person to not succeed in something if he has unlimited ways to change the way he tries achieve it. It's like a test with multiple choice. You don't know a question so you guess out of 4 choices. You find out you circled in the wrong answer. You go back in time and change it. If it's wrong again, you go back and change it. Eventually, you'll get the right answer and that's what the ending of this film was trying to portray.
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 5:23am

I find it highly unlikely for a person to not succeed in something if he has unlimited ways to change the way he tries achieve it. It's like a test with multiple choice. You don't know a question so you guess out of 4 choices. You find out you circled in the wrong answer. You go back in time and change it. If it's wrong again, you go back and change it. Eventually, you'll get the right answer and that's what the ending of this film was trying to portray.
Ah, but it was a TIME bomb. It doesn't matter if it's a multipule choice test, if it's timed, and you don't get your answers down within that amount of time, you fail. Again, this is why the ending was a chilffhanger, we have NO IDEA if he makes it to the bomb on time or not, and thus the movie is a waste of our time.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 6:56am

All of your statements point out that maybe it's like 99% sure that he stops the bomb,but if it's not 100%...well,why should I say it again?
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 10:18am

All of your statements point out that maybe it's like 99% sure that he stops the bomb,but if it's not 100%...well,why should I say it again?
99%? More like 50-50. He has tens of thousands of possible outcomes to follow, and time is against him. He might make it to the bomb on time, or he might not find it at all. In the end, the bomb is just a Hitchock "McGuffin" device and the audience is told that the whole bomb subplot of the movie didn't matter. It's like saying "Hey, remember how we made this whole thing with the bomb seems like a big deal ... yeah, it's not really a big deal at all".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 12:10pm
Well,I don't think it's 50-50.Remember that he can see ev'ry possible outcome,and there's an infinite number of those.I really think it's closer to 99%.
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 2:51pm

Well,I don't think it's 50-50.Remember that he can see ev'ry possible outcome,and there's an infinite number of those.I really think it's closer to 99%.
Yes, he can, but it would take time to forsee the RIGHT outcome and then more time to FOLLOW THROUGH on that outcame. By then it could be too late.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 2:56pm
Not really.Remember that when he's around LIZ,he can see more than 2 minutes into the future.From that moment when he wakes up with her,which is when the last scene begins,he can see ev'rythin',and time won't go by.
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 3:52pm

Not really.Remember that when he's around LIZ,he can see more than 2 minutes into the future.From that moment when he wakes up with her,which is when the last scene begins,he can see ev'rythin',and time won't go by.
Yeah, but then he left Liz. Now it's the return of the plot hole, how long can he see into the future now, why was the rule changed when around Liz? I'm sure you liked the movie and considered it something different, but it's flawed no matter what way you spin it.
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 4:18pm

Yeah, but then he left Liz. Now it's the return of the plot hole, how long can he see into the future now, why was the rule changed when around Liz? I'm sure you liked the movie and considered it something different, but it's flawed no matter what way you spin it.

It's like saying why does a dead princess come back to life when her true love kisses her. You just go along with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>