Official RAZZIEョ Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIEョ MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > NEXT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Two Minutes from Now, You値l FORGET This!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Minutes from Now, You値l FORGET This!
    Posted: February 18 2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

It's like saying why does a dead princess come back to life when her true love kisses her. You just go along with it.
Well, pardon me for wanting closure and a little explaination to the rules of this pretend universe that is being created. I love the good old days of when sci-fi rules were explained like Arnold explaining how the T-1000's shape shifting powers worked or Yoda explaining how the force works to Luke Skywalker. But those days are long gone and this movie is proof of that. "Oh yeah, I can only see two minutes into future ... unless I'm around Jessica Biel. Why? I don't know, just because. Oh and I may or may not stop this bomb that may or not go off, I don't know, you'll have to use your imagine with that one". Could you imagine how mad people would have been if Luke fired at that weak spot on the Death Star and then the screen cut to black and the credits rolled?! I'm sorry, but that's no way to make a successful movie that everyone will love and cherish for years to come.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2010 at 6:55am
PS: Much like your hero, Mister M. Night Shy, you're mixing genres when comparing a fairy tale to a sci-fi action movie. Fairy tales are fantasy, which are based in magic, which can get away without explaining rules because magic can't be explained by science. Sci-fi deals with things that might be impossible, but at least there is some science behind it that could explain how it could be possible.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2010 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

PS: Much like your hero, Mister M. Night Shy, you're mixing genres when comparing a fairy tale to a sci-fi action movie. Fairy tales are fantasy, which are based in magic, which can get away without explaining rules because magic can't be explained by science. Sci-fi deals with things that might be impossible, but at least there is some science behind it that could explain how it could be possible.

Most sci-fi movies are scientifically inaccurate anyway. Have you not seen The Core?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Most sci-fi movies are scientifically inaccurate anyway. Have you not seen The Core?
Okay, but at least they tried to explain what was happening and didn't have a cliffhanger ending. A sci-fi movie can be scientifically inaccurate all it wants, so long as they at least try to explain the rules of the make believe world they live in and there's some kind of closure in the end, not gaping plot holes.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Okay, but at least they tried to explain what was happening and didn't have a cliffhanger ending. A sci-fi movie can be scientifically inaccurate all it wants, so long as they at least try to explain the rules of the make believe world they live in and there's some kind of closure in the end, not gaping plot holes.

Fair enough.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum
RAZZIEョ Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 2:27pm
I just reviewed this movie at Rotten Tomatoes.Please vote:
www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/reviews/view.php?type=2&id=1175887
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123