Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > BARNYARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

UDDER-LY IDIOTIC...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UDDER-LY IDIOTIC...
    Posted: August 04 2006 at 4:03am

FEATURING a COLLECTION of CREATURES THAT PERSONIFY THE PHRASE "DUMB ANIMALS,"  WITH WALL-to-WALL VIOLENCE and PEE-PEE/POO-POO HUMOR, BARNYARD IS ONE BIG PRAIRIE PIE of a "FAMILY" PICTURE.

"If I'm a male cow, how come I have an udder... and why does it look like a toilet plunger with nipples?!?!?"

Feel Free VOICE Your Opinion BELOW...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 4:34am
You were right on target with that "even ten-year-old audiences" remark on your Main Page -- I have a ten-year-old son, and his response to the TV ads for BARNYARD was: "That looks so retarded!"
Everything SUX!
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 4:35am
Please tell me that, even as a Razzie member, I will NOT have to sit through this cow crap to vote this year -- It's too high a price to pay! 
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 4:40am
Even by the udderly low standards of current family films, this thing looks pitiful. Someone please put it out of our misery by taking it out behind the barn and shooting it -- NOW!
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 4:46am

I've got a question...

WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE A BOARD FOR THIS CRAP BEFORE?!

Seriously, if all the trailers feature THE SAME STUPID JOKE ("Dude, I got a arm!"), and it hasn't been screened for critics, wouldn't you consider that a BIG red flag?

While we're discussing this cow pie, I think we can safely say that we have enough nominees for a Worst Animated Feature category.

1. Doogal (Dog Awful)

2. The Wild (Madagascar Rip-Off)

3. Barnyard

As someone who wants to BE an animator, I say that these three movies give animation a bad name. FOR SHAME! 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Please feel free to check our already-in-progress discussion Forums regarding DOOGAL and Disney's THE WILD. As for a special category for films of this "ilk," it's been taken under advisement -- Mayhaps it would give us more choices if we lumped several 2006 titles under some kind of Worst Excuse for Family "Entertainment" category, thus allowing us to include drek like HOOT, RV, THE SHAGGY DOG and next week's atrocious-looking ZOOM...

Please see the posting below for further feedback on this same subject from one of our other Foundation Members...

And, BTW, WELCOME ABOARD!! 

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Article

I've got a question...

WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE A BOARD FOR THIS CRAP BEFORE?!

Seriously, if all the trailers feature THE SAME STUPID JOKE ("Dude, I got a arm!"), and it hasn't been screened for critics, wouldn't you consider that a BIG red flag?

While we're discussing this cow pie, I think we can safely say that we have enough nominees for a Worst Animated Feature category.

1. Doogal (Dog Awful)

2. The Wild (Madagascar Rip-Off)

3. Barnyard

As someone who wants to BE an animator, I say that these three movies give animation a bad name. FOR SHAME!

Because, before now (and RAZZ as always, please correct me if I am wrong) no animation, whether it be digital, CGI or traditional 2D (except maybe Disney's "Home on The Range") merited our attention until now.

ArtGirl138, As a person who is looking into the animation field or is in study to be, I am sure you are aware of how long it took in the past to make a feature length animated picture, along with the production cost. So, until recently no studio would green light an animated project (especially a CGI one) unless the script was stellar , due to the time and money involved.

Now, with the advances in technology and the cost going down (This being a 2 edge sword per the examples you just mentioned) some movie studios are trying to make a quick profit by churning these out overnight, so they can cash in on the "Family" market at greatly reduced production cost and quality.

If you go to our forum thread for The Wild the idea of having a Worst Achievement in Animation Razzie award has been suggested by me and several other members to Head RAZZ: Hopefully, he will be is usual diligent self, read our posts, and answer our questions.

One last thing; I don't know if anybody got around to welcoming you aboard, but I would like to officially do so. The only reason why it was not mentioned early is do to the "Stallone Fan Base" influx where I first saw your post, I (along with the some of the RAZZIE Foundations senior members, including the Head RAZZ himself) was momentarily distracted for a while . Good job on those postings as well!.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 11:18am
Originally posted by ITbeast

Because, before now (and RAZZ as always, please correct me if I am wrong) no animation, whether it be digital, CGI or traditional 2D (except maybe Disney's "Home on The Range") merited our attention until now.

ArtGirl138, As a person who is looking into the animation field or is in study to be, I am sure you are aware of how long it took in the past to make a feature length animated picture, along with the production cost. So, until recently no studio would green light an animated project (especially a CGI one) unless the script was stellar , due to the time and money involved.

Now, with the advances in technology and the cost going down (This being a 2 edge sword per the examples you just mentioned) some movie studios are trying to make a quick profit by churning these out overnight, so they can cash in on the "Family" market at greatly reduced production cost and quality.

If you go to our forum thread for The Wild the idea of having a Worst Achievement in Animation Razzie award has been suggested by me and several other members to Head RAZZ: Hopefully, he will be is usual diligent self, read our posts, and answer our questions.

One last thing; I don't know if anybody got around to welcoming you aboard, but I would like to officially do so. The only reason why it was not mentioned early is do to the "Stallone Fan Base" influx where I first saw your post, I (along with the some of the RAZZIE Foundations senior members, including the Head RAZZ himself) was momentarily distracted for a while . Good job on those postings as well!.

1. ...ah, I see. Makes sense.

2. Actually, I DID read that thread before joining. I was just bringing the idea up again.

3. Can't blame you for getting distracted. And thanks! ^_^

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2006 at 3:33pm

We went to see this one tonight, and I wish I could say it was because we accidentally stumbled into the wrong theater...WAIT! I can say that...so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anway, the first time the cows started speaking in baritone voices while displaying udders (?!) I could only wonder if anyone on the production team actually had ever been on a farm, or at least could have called a relative or even done a search on the internet to discover that 1. All COWS are female and 2. Male bovines do not display udders.

As animated fare goes these days, it really wasn't terrible, but the whole male cow with udders thing was awfully hard to get past.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

We went to see this one tonight, and I wish I could say it was because we accidentally stumbled into the wrong theater...WAIT! I can say that...so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I wish I could have said the same thing about "Nacho", I went in full well with what I was doing. Unfortunately now it may traumatize my 8 year old for life!!!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 4:53pm
Wait a second...This is a Nickelodeon Film? It's not even worth 2˘!
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

Response from Head RAZZberry: Please feel free to check our already-in-progress discussion Forums regarding DOOGAL and Disney's THE WILD. As for a special category for films of this "ilk," it's been taken under advisement -- Mayhaps it would give us more choices if we lumped several 2006 titles under some kind of Worst Excuse for Family "Entertainment" category, thus allowing us to include drek like HOOT, RV, THE SHAGGY DOG and next week's atrocious-looking ZOOM...

I also think there will be other films that are to come that may make it onto the category Worst Excuse for Family "Entertainment" and I've already spotted one film that comes out next month that I find pretty bad: Open Season. Check it out. I've even saw the trailer for Open Season and I was thinking, "Oh yes, totally a RAZZIE Contender alright." See the trailer for Open Season, Head RAZZ, and for everyone else and see what you think.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 7:15am

Considering the sheer volume of animated features being released this year, and since the genre will likely continue to grow in the forseeable future, I think an award for Worst Animated Feature is worthy of consideration.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, something similar to what you're suggestring is under consideration. To broaden the scope of what would be eligible for a possible new RAZZIE category, and acknowledge that not all sucky "family films" are animated, we are looking at a possible "Worst Family Film" category for 2006 (see above Posting). We'll make our final decision knwn come Nominating Ballot time... 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 12:29pm
I just want to inform you that there WAS a press screening for this film. We got free posters and popcorn.

Lesbian Cows!!!! Lesbian Cows!!!!! CARNIVOROUS LESBIAN COWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2006 at 3:33am
"Barnyard" is now one of the sixteen semi-finalists for Best Animated Feature Film for the 79th Academy Awards. YYYYAAAYYYY! (To read the AMPAS Press Release featuring The Complete List, CLICK HERE

Response from Head RAZZberry: The list also includes two more titles we consider possible contenders for our potential award for Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment: EVERYONE'S HERO and Disney's THE WILD.  Yet another example of how their rules often make the Oscar competition screwy and irrelevant...
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2006 at 9:55am

[QUOTE Response from Head RAZZberry: The list also includes two more titles we consider possible contenders for our potential award for Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment: EVERYONE'S HERO and Disney's THE WILD.  Yet another example of how their rules often make the Oscar competition screwy and irrelevant...
[/QUOTE]

Those three are in there because there were only about 16 animated films released this year. Just be happy Doogal's not there!

Either Monster House or Flushed Away deserves to win

A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 9:19am
Just got around to checking the Academy's preliminary list for Best Animated Feature. With The Wild, Open Season, Scanner Darkly and Barnyard all making their list, one has to wonder: Have the Academy membership UDDERLY lost their minds?!?  I thought they were only supposed to "honor" stuff WE weren't interested in!!
Everything SUX!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>