Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > A-TEAM, THE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Uggh.... An A-TEAM movie?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uggh.... An A-TEAM movie?!?
    Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:35pm
Here's an article...

I'm obviously not very enthused.
Possible picks are Bradley Cooper as Templeton "Faceman" Peck, and Liam Neeson as John "Hannibal" Smith. I would've gone with Leslie Nielsen.
Other possible castings include Woody Harrelson as Capt. H.M. 'Howling Mad' Murdock, and Common, following his ho-hum performance in T4 as BA Barackus. The IMDB page lists Bruce Willis as a possibility, but I'd doubt that myself.
The current scriptwriter wrote the new GI Joe movie( )and Wolverine ( ).
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:38pm
Wait... the guy from T4 playing the Mister T role? I pity the fool who tries to replace Mister T!!
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:49pm
They obviously would HAVE to have someone else, and Common could pull off the role physically, but he's just... well, he's more entertaining as a musician. I'll leave it at that.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:35am
Well, of course they should get the Rock to fill in the role, since he can do ANYTHING. Because he's the Rock.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:15pm
The thought had crossed my mind.
But yea, they need to get someone who's... nah, you know what, I'm not going to help them make this stupid-ass idea of a movie work. The only show from the 80s that DESERVES a movie is Small Wonder. And maybe Punky Brewster, if they use the actual Soleil Moon-Frye. Cuz she's wicked hot.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:31pm

Small Wonder: The Movie.... A Michael Bay Production! With Stephen "Mummyguy" Sommers handling the directing. Truly it would be a small wonder, if the movie actually made any money.

Also, I think that Punky Brewster was replaced by someone else, because there is NO WAY that the actress claiming to have been Punky actually WAS Punky.... Just no way. The two can't be the same person. Not possible.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 1:32pm
I've just learned that Soleil Moon Frye is responsible for voicing Bratz cartoons.

I'd love to see Small Wonder Vicky fighting a bunch of CG monsters. While being CG the entire time herself. The whole movie wouldn't be CG, just anything and everything that might possibly be interesting, and yet a drag on the movie as a whole at the same time, as per Mummyguy's traditional motif.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 12:05am

So, for the Small Wonder movie, you want a completely CG movie, with some minor live-action elements to make the movie look as fake as possible? For the sake of camp, could we toss in some claymation? Claymation is about due for a revival, isn't it?

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 2:52am
I'm personally waiting for the big screen adaptations of My Mother the Car and Me and the Chimp. Heck, I'd probably even be able to tolerate B.J. and the Bear. I'm actually in shock that someone hasn't done that one yet. How about T.J. Hooker? But The A-Team? The series was crap, even by the standards of the other 4 I mentioned.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 5:02pm

Common is right now rumored to play Sgt. Bosco "B.A." Baracus as of right now. I once saw Ice Cube to be rumored to play that role, but not exactly true.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 11:06pm
Is there really such a shortage of African American actors in LaLa Land these days that it is necessary to constantly resort to rappers? All that ever accomplishes is demonstrating that there are people out there who s*ck at two things.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 12:36am
So, I suppose suggesting Xhibit, or LL Cool J for the role wouldn't work out? I wonder, do you think MC Hammer is still available?
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 8:21am
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 9:03am
It'd really be very hard to find anyone to replace Mr. T, whether you dig into rappers or other actors. It's like trying to replace Brando in the Godfather, for whenever THAT remake decides to be made.
As for the series itself, of course it's overrated, but it's going to be a popular bit of pop-culture for years and years to come, and they apparently want to make a money grab during this time of weak economic prospects. I just hope it sucks as much as I think it will.
Here's a bit of good news, I think I may have convinced someone last night that the new GI Joe movie looks like s!@#.
-Iron helps us play-
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 9:37am
I heard that Bruce Willis is The First Choice of The A Team Creator Stephen J. Cannell To Play John "Hannibal" Smith 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 10:40am

Michael Clarke Duncan, perhaps? Maybe he would be a good fit for the Mr. T role... ... ... Nevermind. I'll think of someone who could fill the role perfectly one of these days....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>