Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > DOOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

VIDEO of The Rock talking about RAZZIES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VIDEO of The Rock talking about RAZZIES
    Posted: November 16 2005 at 2:07am

Here is a LINK to see the star of DOOM in a French interview (don't worry,  it's in ENGLISH -- The Rock doesn't speak French!). Anywaze, he discusses his chances at an Academy Award for this role (!?!?) -- And then admits he's likelier to be a RAZZIE Nominee for DOOM. The Rock comes across as charming, and we'd be delighted if he lived up to his word. So why wait -- To see it for yourself, clik on the LINK then scroll down to Voir l'Interview video de The Rock. The RAZZIE reference occurs at about 1 minute, 23 seconds in (after he talks about Those OTHER Awards)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
jack neves View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote jack neves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:14pm
my name is jack neves, i like the rock
ninthwardgurl)5 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote ninthwardgurl)5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 1:26pm
IT seems everybody thinks he's the next hogan or something he's done better at most of the movies he's been in than most of the Hollywood celebrities that have been in the business for years have done. So what Doom wasn't a box office smash The only reason guys like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt And Matthew mcGahouneyhay can carry a film is because of their looks Their Acting ability is nothing like Robert Deniro or Al Pacino. And both of them have had bombs in the box office so don't discredit him because he hasn't made a 100 million dollar movie yet it takes time. And at least all of his movies have debuted at #1 or #2 in the box office records name someone else who has done that in the early stages of their careers.
Black-Minerva View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Black-Minerva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by ninthwardgurl)5

So what Doom wasn't a box office smash The only reason guys like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt And Matthew mcGahouneyhay can carry a film is because of their looks Their Acting ability is nothing like Robert Deniro or Al Pacino. And both of them have had bombs in the box office so don't discredit him because he hasn't made a 100 million dollar movie yet it takes time. And at least all of his movies have debuted at #1 or #2 in the box office records name someone else who has done that in the early stages of their careers.

I have to agree with you on everything that you typed.  Brad Pitt and Matthew McConnehey mostly depend on their looks to attract female viewers otherwise there films wouldn't do so well at the box office.  Neither of the two are very good actors.  Also most of their films aren't that great.  Has anyone seen Mr. and Mrs. Smith?  In my opinion that movie was much worse than Doom.  The action sequences were poorly put together, the story was boring, the only halfway interesting things in this movie was the chemistry between Brad and Angelina on screen and Brad's looks (yes, I'm a woman so I can appreciate his looks but I also can come to terms with his mediocre acting skills)

Okay, getting back to Doom.  I don't think that the Rock did a bad acting job.  I think he did well with the material he had to work with. Let’s face it the character he played wasn’t given a great deal of depth by the writer/writers.

In my opinion Doom's failure at the box office has little to do with the casting or the movie itself.  I don't think the movie was marketed very well (you would think if a movie studio spent 70 million to make a movie then they would at least do their best to make a profit).  There was next to no information available out there on this movie.  I didn’t even now it was out there until my sister e-mailed some information about the film.  Universal should have spent more money advertising this film.  They really needed to sell it to it’s core base (gamers), sci-fi fans, horror fans, and the Rock's female fans (we're out here drooling over the Rock   ) 

MikeWatson View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MikeWatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:01pm
Really, Your posts are awesome!!!

Post Reply Post Reply