Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > BABBLE-ON, A.D.D.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

"VIN" ONE for the DIESEL?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "VIN" ONE for the DIESEL?!?!?
    Posted: August 24 2008 at 5:55am

ITs STAR IS ONE of the FEW "ACTORS" WHO CAN MAKE SYLVESTER STALLONE SEEM ELOQUENT...

ITs PLOT IS TAKEN from a CLASSIC SCI-FI NOVEL, BUT IT's BEEN RE-WORKED BEYOND RECOGNITION...

AND IT's ABOUT as LIKELY to MAKE BACK ITs $70 MILLION BUDGET as UWE BOLL IS to GET an OSCAR® NOMINATION AS BEST DIRECTOR...

"IT" IS BABBLE-ON, A.D.D. -- THE LATEST  VEHICLE STARRING 2004 WORST ACTOR NOMINEE VIN DIESEL.

AND IT SEEMS DOOMED to the SAME FATE EARTH FACES as the FILM OPENS.

BUT DON'T LET US BE the ONLY ONES RAGGIN' on THIS RAGING-HORMONE BEHEMOTH...FEEL FREE to CHIME IN, and GET IN a KICK-to-the-GUT of YER OWN... 

DIESEL: "If you gize nominate me one more time, all I can say is...I'd better not "Vin"!!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 10:29am
What dip-sh*t studio would finance a $70 million movie "starring" Vin Diesel??  It's not like he's ever been a big money-maker. He's never been what anyone I know would consider a star..and he's not even a credible actor!!
Everything SUX!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 12:27pm
After the Mega-Blockbuster that was "Dark Knight", all SFX-packed sci-fi epics seem pale in comparison. Seeing the trailer to this one, I yawned and thought, "Seen it already, just under a different title ... like Fifth Element, etc."   
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2008 at 1:51am
Eh, The Fifth Element was good. Seems I'm in the minority opinion concerning it, though.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2008 at 3:06am

I liked The Fifth Element, but I recognize it's a wonderful piece of chaotic storytelling, and some people don't find so much chaos to be that wonderful.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 3:57am
I HATED "The Fifth Element". Mostly because of Chris Rock's chracter.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 4:00am

Actually, it was  Chris Tucker. I hated "Fifth Element" for Tucker...the stupid storytelling...the over-acting...the cheesy dialogue... 

Need I go on? 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I HATED "The Fifth Element". Mostly because of Chris Rock's chracter.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 8:51am

WTF?! I LOVED The 5th Element! One reason included was Chris Tucker's character because he was pretty funny in the movie. I cannot believe people hate that film! It's one of THE MOST entertaining film I've EVER seen! But anyway, here's a cool article to read relating to Babylon AD about the director hating his own film:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=9921&count= 0

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 9:16am
The director telling people that he hates his own film? Sounds sort of like Bill Cosby and Leonard Part 6 or Joel Schumacher and Batman and Robin, blaming the big corporations for the crappiness of their film.

Actually, it may be different, seeing how Fox, the same company that gave us Meet the Spartans and passed over Idiocracy, is releasing this film

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 11:15am

Chris Tucker gave the worst performance of his career in "The Fifth Element!" And that's considering that Tucker's best performance was getting blown away by Sam Jackson in "Jackie Brown"!

Originally posted by moviewizguy

WTF?! I LOVED The 5th Element! One reason included was Chris Tucker's character because he was pretty funny in the movie. I cannot believe people hate that film! It's one of THE MOST entertaining film I've EVER seen! But anyway, here's a cool article to read relating to Babylon AD about the director hating his own film: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=9921&count= 0

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 8:30pm
Interesting article, though I wonder if the director knew what he was getting himself into. I mean, I would imagine he would have contractually agreed to the amount of studio control that would go into the film's final cut.

Either way, this movie must suck pretty hard.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2008 at 1:40am
This line of discussion is highly inappropriate... There is no need to debate the decency of The Fifth Element when this sucka is staring us in the face.
"Are you a killer?"
"Yeeeeessss... Get into the car"
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2008 at 6:03pm

Considering that 20th Century Fox in 2008 released Meet Dave, The Happening, the unbelievably unnecessary X Files 2, Jumper, Meet the Spartans, Deception, 27 Dresses, What Happens In Vegas, Space Chimps, Mirrors, and now this (where even its own director has came out claiming its crap) can we have A Special Award for Fox?

Pwetty please!?! 

Response from Head RAZZberry: WOW! Whatta list!!  I shall take your suggestion "under advisement."  

A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 2:29am

Ooh, a "special award" for Worst Studio: 20th Century Fox!

I like it!  

Originally posted by Budgieboy

Considering that 20th Century Fox in 2008 released Meet Dave, The Happening, the unbelievably unnecessary X Files 2, Jumper, Meet the Spartans, Deception, 27 Dresses, What Happens In Vegas, Space Chimps, Mirrors, and now this (where even its own director has came out claiming its crap) can we have A Special Award for Fox? Pwetty please!?! 

Response from Head RAZZberry: WOW! Whatta list!!  I shall take your suggestion "under advisement."   

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 2:47am

"For worst achievement below and beyond the call of dookie. . ."

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 2:29am
Obviously you guys never read the article on how director Mathieu Kassovitz (and Vin Diesel) was disappointed at how Babylon A.D. turned out. Here's the story from WorstPreviews:

"Babylon AD" director Mathieu Kassovitz is not a happy man and he is making it very clear. In an interview with AMCTV, he reveals: "I never had a chance to do one scene the way it was written or the way I wanted it to be. The script wasn't respected. Bad producers, bad partners, it was a terrible experience."

He blames 20th Century Fox for "sending lawyers who were only looking at all the commas and the dots. They made everything difficult from A to Z." Then the studio interfered with the editing of the film, cutting it down to 93 minutes. This even astounded Vin Diesel, the star of the film, who was quoted as saying: "Am I even in the movie any more, or am I on the cutting room floor?"

According to Kassovitz, "Babylon AD," which is based on a French novel "Babylon Babies" by Maurice Georges Dantec, fails to deliver the book's messages. "It's pure violence and stupidity," he admits. "The movie is supposed to teach us that the education of our children will mean the future of our planet. All the action scenes had a goal, instead parts of the movie are like a bad episode of 24."

At this point, Kassovitz regrets ever to have signed on with Fox. "I should have chosen a studio that has guts," he says. "Fox was just trying to get a PG-13 movie. I'm ready to go to war against them, but I can't because they don't give a sh*t."

Finally, the director feels that "Babylon AD" will likely have a strong first weekend, but will then die off after fans see how bad it is. "I don't see how people who went through all these amazing blockbusters like 'The Dark Knight' and 'Iron Man' this summer will take it."
You think you know, but you have no idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>