Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > BABBLE-ON, A.D.D.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

"VIN" ONE for the DIESEL?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "VIN" ONE for the DIESEL?!?!?
    Posted: August 30 2008 at 4:35am

I posted a link....but it didn't seem like people clicked on it.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 5:11am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I assume you mean the LINK to the article about the director of this film trashing the final cut and Fox for "ruining" it??  Here is the LINK once more --- It does make an interesting read...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2008 at 8:33am

If Hollywood understood irony, I'd have to say that the director of a derivitive, formulaic piece of clunk like "Babble on A.D.D." complaining that studio hacks "ruined the vision" of his film would be the ultimate example of it.

But as we all know, Hollywood doesn't understand irony...

or humor...

or genuine emotion...

or recognizable human characters...

or... 

Everything SUX!
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2008 at 2:10pm

Out of morbid curiosity, I decided to check out to the current total grosses on this film: On a budget of about $70 million, B.O. MoJo sez it has not even taken in $22 million (LINK). That makes this an even bigger Spectacular Failure than "Love Guru" (LINK) and almost as big a bomb as "Meet Dave" (LINK) -- though this year's Loss Leader has GOTTA be "Speed Racer" ($120 million budget/$44 million gross - LINK)...

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 3:04am

"Speed Racer" is hands-down the biggest flop of the year. "Love Guru" only made back half of what it cost to make, and "Meet Dave" was lucky it even broke into the double digits... 

Originally posted by #1-Film Freak!!

Out of morbid curiosity, I decided to check out to the current total grosses on this film: On a budget of about $70 million, B.O. MoJo sez it has not even taken in $22 million (LINK). That makes this an even bigger Spectacular Failure than "Love Guru" (LINK) and almost as big a bomb as "Meet Dave" (LINK) -- though this year's Loss Leader has GOTTA be "Speed Racer" ($120 million budget/$44 million gross - LINK)...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 6:25pm
I'm quite sure that 22/70 is slightly lower than 44/120, and that would actually make Babylon A.D. the biggest flop of the year (Speed Racer is doing better with the critics and users on Rotten Tomatoes as well).
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:08am

But in terms of money, "Speed Racer" had the bigger budget (well into the hundred millions) while "Babylon" was in the 70 millions. In term of critics (at least those at RT), "Babylon" was the bigger bomb -- But in box-office-gross-versusd-budget, "Speed Racer" was the bigger loser... 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 3:08pm

Come to think of it, Saturnwatcher's name implies a connection to the Saturn Awards, which recognize the best in science-fiction.  This film has a one-in-a-million chance of getting nominated for one of those, but I doubt it will.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2008 at 4:23pm

Yeah, I think of the Saturn Sci-Fi Awards whenever I see saturnwatcher's name as well. This movie might get a nod or twoo from them, but I'm more than pretty sure "The Dark Knight" will take home everything at that award show. Much like I hope "Disaster Movie" will sweep at OUR award show. 

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Come to think of it, Saturnwatcher's name implies a connection to the Saturn Awards, which recognize the best in science-fiction.  This film has a one-in-a-million chance of getting nominated for one of those, but I doubt it will.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2010 at 4:32pm
Graaah! My mother once wanted to see Vin Diesel live, but she's long since forgotten him, it seems. Isn't it ironic that both a movie with A. D. in its title got its own RAZZIE forum just five months after a movie with B. C.?

SAN JUU YON
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 1:05pm
I gave it 4/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12