Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > HOSTEL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Vomitously Entertaining?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vomitously Entertaining?!?!?
    Posted: January 03 2006 at 1:32pm

We can't recall any movie (at least since 1956) that actually advertised that you made need a doctor's care after seeing it — let alone promising to make you puke...and, unlike  most of 2005's movies, this one aims to make you puke on purpose!

So, start hurling...comments, that is.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 12:00pm
I just saw a promotional piece for HOSTEL on TV Guide Channel. They were bragging that one of its stars is "best known for DUMB AND DUMBERER: WHEN HAROLD MET LLOYD" (meaning he was a RAZZIE Nominee in our Worst Screen Couple category). With that as its best credential (and the fact that its Special Effects Maven went out of his way to make "the human blood splatters and severed parts look like real meat") I can't see how HOSTEL won't be a RAZZIE Contender. But then, the early reponse to it on Rotten Tomatoes has been about 90% favorable, so who nose??
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Jigsaw View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jigsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 4:35am
"Hostel" intrigues me. I love slasher movie (where there is lots of blood!) and one of my favourite is Saw, because it can disgust me and it isn't easy to do! So this "Hostel" looks like Saw. What about Eli Roth's first movie, "Cabin fever"?
El Rotten View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote El Rotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 11:04pm
Yes, it's really based on a true story ! Time: 21st century. Place: Guantanamo bay, Cuba (might be somewhere between N.Y. and Ural, Russia): http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures /2003/07/18/1bell.jpg
El Rotten View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote El Rotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:29am

Hey guys! Watch rather this Turkish "Hostel" (based on a true story as well): 

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/movies/article.adp...  

Best regards from Bratislava ! ;-)

nastygee View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote nastygee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 2:24am

I really want to see a good horror movie, like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th. In their day, those movies scared a person. Now I was really looking forward to seeing Hostel based on all of the reviews: " Best Horror Film in a decade" "SICK" "TWISTED." I was thinking maybe this one will finally match those movies I spoke of earlier. Nothing could be further. It was not at all scary, sick OR twisted. Not even gross. Just a total waste of time and money.

Where are Michael, Freddy and Jason when we need them?

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2006 at 3:42am
There's already a part two in the works, due for release next spring. Beware!

I'm already surprised that when this and "BloodRayne" opened on the same weekend, everyone chose to see a movie about people getting dismembered over an average "campy entertainment" film. (I expected Uwe Boll's film to actually beat this, to tell you the truth)

Guess nobody ever learns.
lois7375 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote lois7375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 7:23pm
I hate Hostel ..

It´s so ugly and dumb .. The whole movie people get torture ... I just can say one word: DUMB !!

What do you say ?  Wow it´s inhuman!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 2:10pm
I just saw it. I give this 4/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2012 at 1:58pm
Skip to 03:10.

Any thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply