Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wacko Jacko Gives US the WILLYS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wacko Jacko Gives US the WILLYS!
    Posted: November 26 2005 at 4:38am

There were a few hidden messages. Only one black person, The Red chocolate dot landing right on the Egyptian guy's forehead, No hispanics ( Except the oompa-loompas who were probably Puerto Rican...... like me ), although I am glad they deleted the scene of how the German kid REALLY got the candy.

( Little French kid holds up the winning ticket)

L.F.K.: " I got EEt!" (Turns around and sees Augustus Gloop, reluctently hands it over, looks up to the sky) What zee hell?!"

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 6:50pm
Yeah I bet Augustus Gloop threatened to kick his ass, until the Little French Kid automatically surrenders it (it's what the French always do). Then Augustus yells "Deutchland ist der sieg!" and goosesteps all the way back to Krautland, er Germany.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Vincent Spinella View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vincent Spinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

As promised in an earlier posting, I am "getting back to you" on CHOCOCLATE FACTORY, which I finally saw at a crowded multiplex showing  (complete with a crying baby in the audience!) while on vacation in Gallup, New Mexico...

This film IS way more faithful to Dahl's original novel than the Gene Wilder version, but Depp's choice of how to play Willy Wonka is still WAY off from what Dahl wrote. So off, in fact, that every time he came on the screen, it was off-putting. Funny? Yes. Interesting? Kinda. Appropriate? I DON'T THINK SO!

That doesn't NECESSARILLY mean he deserves a RAZZIE nomination as Worst Actor (there's PLENTY of other, WORTHIER choices this year) but, in response to the previous posting: Depp's performance is STRANGE enough to be worthy of having its own Forum just to discuss its WEIRDNESS...

AnnaSophia Robb is Beautiful, But I hated how cartoonishy she looked when she was being blown up as a freeky-deaky blueberry!AngryDeadCryConfused

#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 3:48am

I never thought Johnny Depp deserved a Razzie nomination for CHARLIE, but I also don't think he deserve a Golden Globe nomination for it, either.

He's one of my favorite actors around, but I'd argue this performance was an interesting gamble that failed to pan out...

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
luvtherazzies View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote luvtherazzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 12:50pm
I hated his rendition and it bugged me throughout the whole movie.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 9:31am
Well....... I loved it, seems like people are split 50/50 on it.
CHEAP TRICK View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote CHEAP TRICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 6:09pm

this movie was a big dissapointment (except the music sequences).......that's all I can say.......

WILDER vs DEPP....who's the better Wonka??........

Go deadguy! View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Go deadguy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 3:01pm
I liked your quote.  I'm a big Woody Allen fan.  I thought Johnny Depp did a good job.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Go deadguy!

I liked your quote.  I'm a big Woody Allen fan.  I thought Johnny Depp did a good job.
Yeah thanks. It's from Joe Queenan's book "If you're talking to me your career must be in trouble." Which is one of the funniest books I've ever read.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Jesse View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 8:50am
I think Johnny Depp deserved a Razzie for all his weird and unfunny comments throughout CATCF. He's easily the weirdest and creepiest actor I've ever seen, yet loving him is a rite of passage for teenage girls.
richard View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 2:28pm
willy wonka is wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12