Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > WANTED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WANTED or Not...Here It Comes!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WANTED or Not...Here It Comes!!
    Posted: June 11 2008 at 11:13am

WILL THIS BE the FILM THAT FINALLY "WINS" ANGELINA JOLIE HER LONG-OVERDUE RAZZIE® (AFTER 8 PREVIOUSLY NOMINATED "ACHIEVEMENTS")??

AND, WHILE WE'RE ASKING QUESTIONS, JUST WHAT IS JAMES McAVOY (BAFTA and GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINEE for ATONEMENT) DOING in WHAT LOOKS LIKE a BIG-SCREEN RIP-OFF of NBC's 2007 SERIES CHUCK??

BASED on a GRAPHIC NOVEL and HELMED by an UNKOWN RUSSIAN DIRECTOR WHOSE NAME WE'D JUST AS SOON NOT ATTEMPT to TYPE (IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS MADE UP by ONE of the WRITERS from TV's BULLWINKLE) WANTED LOOKS LIKE "BIG TROUBLE" for ALL INVOLVED...

GO AHEAD, GET "GRAPHIC" with YOUR PUT-DOWNS (and/or PRAISE)...  

McAVOY: "Sorry, Miss Kidman...I didn't realize you 

were doing a remake of NORBIT..."  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 12:07am
Nice "Norbit" joke, but this is gonna rock.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 1:44am
I like the scene when the bullet goes around ANGELINA JOLIE's head, and into the target...   
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 2:38am

Sorry, but this looks like what I call a "Nine-Year-Old Boy" movie: A film whose plot, characters and short attention span could all be attributed to (and appeal only to) a Nine-Year-Old Boy...

Everything SUX!
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 2:43am

Actually, I am surprised this was chosen over the other movie opening June 27: If "Wanted" is a "Nine-Year-Old Boy" movie, then Pixar's "Wall-E" looks like "E.T." -- as remade by a Ten-Year-Old Girl!!

I know everybody loves Pixar movies, but "Wall-E" looks nauseatingly "romantic," and "cute" enough to make me wanna puke!

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 4:28am
WALL-E looks so cute! How dare you say such a thing to that poor robot!
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 8:54am
I'm with moviewizguy, how dare you treat Wall-E with such disrespect.

I love Pixar's movies, and I plan to see it opening weekend.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2008 at 2:40pm
I flipped through the graphic novel, and then saw the ads for the movie. Much like a Uwe Boll movie, other than using the names of the characters from the source material, I don't see how this movie has anything to do with the book.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 11:40am
Okay, when has it been confirmed that it is on lock to be a bad movie? Admittedly, it looks like nothing to crow about, but one movie you should really bitch about is Get Smart. Steve Carrell's little schtick as the glib Michael Scott-type character is getting a little tiring. He did a superb job in Horton Hears a Who, and who could forget The 40-Year-Old Virgin, but the suck meter is gonna hit. And here's a review for the film from Variety.

Same goes for Anne Hathaway, who I could care less about, but see her everywhere.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2008 at 9:22am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: We already do have a Forum going on GET SMART -- Here's a LINK to its page... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 10:14am
The trailers for this film make it look like a Matrix or James Bond ripoff, with its bullet time and stuff. However, it doesn't seem like razzible stuff.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 2:01pm
Wait, the director,  Timur Bekmambetov, directed the Russian blockbusters Night Watch and Day Watch. From what I heard, those were pretty decent vampire movies.

On the other hand, it seems like every time foreign directors do big Hollywood films, the films end up sucking...
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 2:00pm

Didn't he want to try Afternoon Watch and make it a trilogy, as seems to be the illogical norm these days?  It would have been more logical than coming on board here.  Paul Verhoeven seems to have inadvertantly filled many foreign directors with visions of easy street.  Too bad too many of them find out they have no real power and are mere puppets in the hands of the money men (which granted is probably better than trying to make a Putinized production back home these days, but you get my point).   

PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2008 at 2:00am
Putting a banana curve on a speeding bullet?

Okaaaaaaaay.

This looks incredibly dumb. Mr. and Mrs. Smith was bad enough, Angelina needs some fresh material.

As for Wall-E, I look forward to anything Pixar puts out. If the story is entertaining, I'm in!
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2008 at 3:40am

I wasn't even impressed by the trailer. This movie's gonna bomb big time.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 7:46am
OMG, critics are actually praising this movie. It currently has a 85% rating at rotten tomatoes, based on 27 reviews, much, much higher than I would have expected (the trailer made it looked like this movie was going to be along the line of a crappy and loud Michael Bay movie) . Looks like the Russian guy can direct Hollywood movies too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>