Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > WANTED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WANTED or Not...Here It Comes!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WANTED or Not...Here It Comes!!
    Posted: June 25 2008 at 11:23am
OMG! Wall-E and Wanted are tied! That is so not fair! Anyway...I'll watch both movies this week, like I did with Happening and Hulk.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 7:19am
Ok, looks like critics aren't exactly raving about this film. As of June 26, the RT ratings are down a lot for Wanted, below 70%. Some complaints include the movie being empty and ridiculous.  But still, why is it being mentioned in these forums? 
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 10:29am
It's now right at 70%. Guess the HeadRazzberry is getting worse at picking movies to list on this site this year: first "Horton Hears a Who" (incorrectly dubbed "Horton Hires a Ho") and now this. This actually looks worth seeing!

If it continues to hold, this will be another week since last year that we did not have any crappy movies.

Stop dissing on Angelina Jolie. I was one who DID like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". Great movie reminded me of a semi-"True Lies" sequel.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 10:51am
Mr. and Mrs. Smith was a good movie. I thought people liked it...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 1:50pm
I liked Mr. & Mrs. Smith, too.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 2:37pm
I liked "Mr. And Mrs. Smith" as well.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 12:56pm

My Review:

A young man finds out his long lost father is an assassin. And when his father is murdered, the son is recruited into his father's old organization and trained by a man named Sloan to follow in his dad's footsteps.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love CGI-filled movies, especially "Speed Racer," "300," "The Matrix," "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," and the likes. I tend to like CGI-filled movies more if they actually focus on the plot and this is that kind of movie. Yes, what you get here are some of the best action sequences you'll ever see in the big screen along with a decent plot with some nice and sometimes predictable twists and turns.

This is no doubt one of the movies to see this summer! What I liked about this film was that it keeps you entertained from beginning to end, even though it's a big smash and bash kind of action movie. You think you would have seen every action scene you had ever seen, especially after the mildly entertaining and mostly boring action scenes from "The Incredible Hulk." Well, you're wrong.

The style and action in here is so like "The Matrix," which has never been done before outside the Matrix trilogy, that the movie is actually adds a fresh and original quality to action films, if possible. The performances in here are fantastic, especially hearing dialog you had never heard from Morgan Freeman. James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie both have a lot of fun in this movie, as well as the other cast.

If you come in here to see a realistic action film, you might as well watch a documentary. This film is so over-the-top, ridiculous, but also a lot of fun! It's one of the funnest and entertaining time I've ever had in the cinema! The style and action is top notch, the performances are great, and the plot decent. What else do you want more from a big blockbuster released over the summer?! 7/10

I've also seen Wall-E, which is obviously the best film of this year so far. I'm working a review for it.

LBSWebsite1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote LBSWebsite1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 12:15pm
Get this, John and guys:

WANTED may have been beat to the box office by WALL•E (which I
thought was a masterpiece and my new Pixar fav) but still WANTED
delivers a kick-ass thrill ride and made $50 million this weekend.
Angelina Jolie was so damn HOT and a fine choice working opposite with
James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman, though I don't even know why
there's a thread here dissing the film.
Sure there's a couple throwbacks to "The Matrix" here and there, but I'm
defending the film here for it not to be dissed.

WANTED is a good film.
If it's a bad idea for a movie - “Put it out of your mind. In no time, it will be a forgotten memory!” - Samuel Goldwyn
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 1:21pm
I just got back from this: it was in' awesome! My favorite part was when James McAvoy, goes insane on his coworkers, telling his fat, repulsive boss to "go  yourself" and smashing his "best friend" (who's boffing his wife) in the face with a keyboard, which shatters and the keys spell out: " YO"!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 5:39pm

Calm down, LBSWebsite1.  When it finally came time to select "Worst of the Weak", Head RAZZBerry changed his mind about this one.  The only reason it's here is because, at least to me, the trailer made the film look lame.  But when I saw the film, it was a good movie. 

My favorite part was the train car stuck between both sides of a ravine.  I actually anticipated what was going to happen here, but it was done so well I enjoyed it anyway.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2008 at 7:35am
I'm only adding on to this discussion because I saw that this movie might be up for a Razzie... Seriously, this was just a damn cool movie, thin plot aside. It honestly does pioneer new ideas into the genre of action movies, and it deserves to be respected, whether you're a plot-Nazi or not. If you don't like action movies, that's fine, but give credit where credit is due. And a Razzie nomination is not due here.
-Iron helps us play-
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2008 at 5:39pm
Take time to read the posts above.  No one is considering this movie for a Razzie.  The only reason it's here is because the trailers sucked so badly, most of us thought this movie would suck, too.  However, when the reviews came in, most of the critics loved it.  When I went to see it, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.
Tyleben View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tyleben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 7:56am

The only Razzie this movie should be considered for is the category of Worst Reckless Disregard for Human Life...this was a great action movie -- I loved every minute of it, but with a very high body count and very bloody -- A very heavy R rating. 

Definitely do not show this to young kids!! 

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 1:52pm
Agreed, this is not a movie for the faint-of-heart, It is a heartless, brainless
action movie that never backs down, but that's not the point- the main
selling point of Wanted are the immensely skillful action sequences, and
Wanted delivers on that note by the truckload.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 3:38am
So in the end, the catagory that best fits this movie would be Worst Teenager Targeted Movie? I thought as much.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 9:51am
Didn't we have that category a few years ago; wasn't it titled "Most Flatulent
Teen-Targeted Movie"? And no, I would not recommend it For any category,
especially in the year of Meet The Spartans and Disaster Movie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>